Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tower of Fantasy Launches New Raid, Player Housing, and New Map to Explore in Artificial Island Upda

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited September 2022 in News & Features Discussion

imageTower of Fantasy Launches New Raid, Player Housing, and New Map to Explore in Artificial Island Update | MMORPG.com

The first major update since launch, Artificial Island is live in Tower of Fantasy, bringing a new raid, new map to explore, quests, new characters, and customizable player bases.

Read the full story here

Comments

• OG_SolareusOG_Solareus Member RarePosts: 1,041
    Getting Wildstar vibes from this, which isn't bad a thing.
  • PropitiousMEPropitiousME Newbie CommonPosts: 3
    Loved the game while it lasted, but today was the /uninstall: LvL 65, ~37.8k CS, 6.1 sup.

A shame really, as I enjoyed so many aspects of this title. After grinding out a solid 4 star support set and back-up DPS set, gold matrices and a full set of gold gear @ 15/16 enhance with all pieces @ multiple stars, I concluded the gearing system is just too infuriating.

Sub-stat RNG is way too stretched out across too many variables. Advancement is an absolute nightmare here. The RNG feels heavily weighted to HP / resistances as well. In all my times of consuming countless old pieces of starred gear, every single time it resulted in trash advancements to HP or resistance (even with dmg modifiers weighted to 3 of 4 sub-stats).

People say your RNG is just bad, but it feels like more than that. I don't trust the developers here to not have rigged algo's controlling player spending habits. End of day, my time needs to feel more valued then my wallet and this game does not value my time enough.

GL Hotta, you're gonna need it. It takes a 'special' kind of person to go deep with this stat lottery. Server comps are definitely seeing a huge pullback on player saturation at this stage. Lots of folks probably feeling a similar "burn" at higher progression(s).
    kitaradValdheim
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    Loved the game while it lasted, but today was the /uninstall: LvL 65, ~37.8k CS, 6.1 sup.

A shame really, as I enjoyed so many aspects of this title. After grinding out a solid 4 star support set and back-up DPS set, gold matrices and a full set of gold gear @ 15/16 enhance with all pieces @ multiple stars, I concluded the gearing system is just too infuriating.

Sub-stat RNG is way too stretched out across too many variables. Advancement is an absolute nightmare here. The RNG feels heavily weighted to HP / resistances as well. In all my times of consuming countless old pieces of starred gear, every single time it resulted in trash advancements to HP or resistance (even with dmg modifiers weighted to 3 of 4 sub-stats).

People say your RNG is just bad, but it feels like more than that. I don't trust the developers here to not have rigged algo's controlling player spending habits. End of day, my time needs to feel more valued then my wallet and this game does not value my time enough.

GL Hotta, you're gonna need it. It takes a 'special' kind of person to go deep with this stat lottery. Server comps are definitely seeing a huge pullback on player saturation at this stage. Lots of folks probably feeling a similar "burn" at higher progression(s).
    When I played Black Desert Online I refused to participate in the RNG for gearing up. I just played the other parts and just ignored that aspect and when it can no longer be ignored I quit the game.

Any game can expect a steady income from me in the form of a sub but once you introduce these types of RNG where I need to purchase some thing to help my chances and I still need to contend with the RNG, I will play until I hit a wall and quit. Respect the amount I am willing to spend and respect my time. Otherwise I will bid you Sayonara or never even bother to install the game.

• PropitiousMEPropitiousME Newbie CommonPosts: 3

kitarad said:

When I played Black Desert Online I refused to participate in the RNG for gearing up. I just played the other parts and just ignored that aspect and when it can no longer be ignored I quit the game.

Any game can expect a steady income from me in the form of a sub but once you introduce these types of RNG where I need to purchase some thing to help my chances and I still need to contend with the RNG, I will play until I hit a wall and quit. Respect the amount I am willing to spend and respect my time. Otherwise I will bid you Sayonara or never even bother to install the game.

100%, this. The "gacha" aspect of banners and matrices felt fine. I was OK with the grind to star these items through normal gameplay and felt there were plenty of avenues to do so. I was an easy long term dolphin investor if they'd just maintained that level of advancement. The game took RNG way too far though.

The equipment sub-stat system is just demotivating to long term play (RE: "my wall"). The fact I had no way to control my advancement on that level is just wrong given how deep the RNG is integrated. Never mind the encounter mechanics that can completely negate your primary investment(s) from one day to the next should you manage to succeed with a sub-stat scheme.

They're 100% depending on lack of self control to carry folks through this drudgery IMO (IE. wallet dumping). One could theoretically never progress their gear adequately without some form of control IF you believe it's not predatory RNG doling out the heavily weighted HP / resistance rolls... IF you manage to even get correct gear.

With so much of the game design's advancement weighted to DPS (IE. Bygone / Wormhole / enemy scaling in general) I can't even imagine why anyone would continue suffering the management of multiple gear sets just to play a support role. Everyone needs a DPS main to benefit from rewards sufficiently in the game. Unless you like the drip feed of cruel and unusual punishment I suppose, lol.

I'm a long term MMO player, but this was my first foray into "gacha". Safe to say I'll be avoiding all games of this type in the future. It's clearly just not for me. Lesson learned.
  • jitter77jitter77 Member UncommonPosts: 512
    edited September 2022

I enjoy the game and there is some grinding, but to say there is no challenge is not correct
  • jitter77jitter77 Member UncommonPosts: 512

jitter77 said:

I enjoy the game and there is some grinding, but to say there is no challenge is not correct. FC clash hard is definitely hard, and some other content is hard w/o the right team. The Bygone tower is also challenging once you get to a certain point