Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New World Opening Three Additional New Servers to Support Population Growth | MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• Blowfeld81Blowfeld81 Member UncommonPosts: 71
    How many new weapons and armor did they add to the game? Is the endgame still a super boring expertise grind with daily locks, aka mobile mechanics?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    How many new weapons and armor did they add to the game? Is the endgame still a super boring expertise grind with daily locks, aka mobile mechanics?
    Did you not just describe the end game for almost all theme park, gear grinding MMORPGS?

;)

The_KorriganExsiras

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459
    Kyleran said:
    Did you not just describe the end game for almost all theme park, gear grinding MMORPGS?

;)

The difference in NW is that you don't have to raid.
    You can even do it solo, you never log in without having a way to progress.
    Kyleran
    Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    edited September 2022
    Kyleran said:

;)

This is what raids are not important then, that's not a good thing, nor is the fact you don't need to group. They seem to be leaning too far to the casual here. As a general principle putting in gameplay and then removing the need to do that gameplay is usually a bad move.
    Scot said:
    Kyleran said:

;)

This is what raids are not important then, that's not a good thing, nor is the fact you don't need to group. They seem to be leaning too far to the casual here. As a general principle putting in gameplay and then removing the need to do that gameplay is usually a bad move.

Sorry... I don't want to come back at you again, but... once again talking about things you don't have a clue about, do we ?

You can progress solo, you progress faster grouping. Unlike games like Wow though, you aren't stuck at doing the hardest latest content.
    Why do you think people are running dungeons and mutations all the time ? Ah yes, you don't know, because you don't play the game.

You should do yourself a favor, and at least try to document yourself a bit before answering such nonsense.
    Respect, walk
    Yes, they are back !

Scot said:
    Kyleran said:

;)

Sorry... I don't want to come back at you again, but... once again talking about things you don't have a clue about, do we ?

You can progress solo, you progress faster grouping. Unlike games like Wow though, you aren't stuck at doing the hardest latest content.
    Why do you think people are running dungeons and mutations all the time ? Ah yes, you don't know, because you don't play the game.

You should do yourself a favor, and at least try to document yourself a bit before answering such nonsense.
    Or you could just illuminate us with your wisdom, which seems to run dry when the questions get difficult, I blame myself for thinking you would anything but attack the poster when the going gets tough.

Faster progress when grouping is hardly a MMO first, it is what you would hope for any MMO. This ties in with what I have seen elsewhere, you streamline too much and players are given less reasons to play.
    edited September 2022
    Scot said:
    Scot said:
    Kyleran said:

;)

Or you could just illuminate us with your wisdom, which seems to run dry when the questions get difficult, I blame myself for thinking you would anything but attack the poster when the going gets tough.

Faster progress when grouping is hardly a MMO first, it is what you would hope for any MMO. This ties in with what I have seen elsewhere, you streamline too much and players are given less reasons to play.
    Then answer, you who knows the game better than those who play it : how comes that despite your scientific analysis, people keep on doing dungeons all the time every day in New World ?

Not holding my breath, I'm sure you're going to evade the question a second time.

PS: it's not "attacking the poster" to tell him to at least inform himself about something before answering about that thing.
    Respect, walk
    Yes, they are back !

edited September 2022
    Scot said:
    Scot said:
    Kyleran said:

;)

Then answer, you who knows the game better than those who play it : how comes that despite your scientific analysis, people keep on doing dungeons all the time every day in New World ?

Not holding my breath, I'm sure you're going to evade the question a second time.

PS: it's not "attacking the poster" to tell him to at least inform himself about something before answering about that thing.
    Because the PvE players who make up the majority of each server run out of anything to do and find they can solo dungeons, so that's what they do. This was meant to be top end grouping play. I understand there were concerns about key gating the content, but they could have smoothed that out while still keeping it a group activity. Are you now telling us that you don't think top level group play is important, because that runs counter to what you have said in the past?

End game needs as many avenues of play as possible for grouping, otherwise it focuses too much pressure on one gameplay system, here the RvR which can't even be played by all the players at top level, so that compounds the problem.

BtW I goggled New World Raids (then Dungeons) and found hardly any articles from this year and only several from last year. This was a real missed opportunity; I am told some of them are very good and made great group play.

As I have to keep restating, we want the game to be the best it can; burying your head in the sand about every issue is not going to take the game forward to being a solid all round MMORPG.

Scot said:
    Scot said:
    Scot said:
    Kyleran said:

;)

Because the PvE players who make up the majority of each server run out of anything to do and find they can solo dungeons, so that's what they do. This was meant to be top end grouping play. I understand there were concerns about key gating the content, but they could have smoothed that out while still keeping it a group activity. Are you now telling us that you don't think top level group play is important, because that runs counter to what you have said in the past?

End game needs as many avenues of play as possible for grouping, otherwise it focuses too much pressure on one gameplay system, here the RvR which can't even be played by all the players at top level, so that compounds the problem.

BtW I goggled New World Raids (then Dungeons) and found hardly any articles from this year and only several from last year. This was a real missed opportunity; I am told some of them are very good and made great group play.

As I have to keep restating, we want the game to be the best it can; burying your head in the sand about every issue is not going to take the game forward to being a solid all round MMORPG.

:D :D :D

Thanks for proving you don't know at all what you're talking about.
    Players soloing dungeons in New World, yeah, whatever dude.

And you have a lot of group activity in the open world too in the elite zones, worth doing because you can get unique stuff from there too.

What you can do though is craft and improve your gear solo if you want, yet it will take much longer than groups and you will miss some BIS items.

You don't know this game at all yet you regularly talk about it like if you were an expert.
    Respect, walk
    Yes, they are back !

Scot said:
    Scot said:
    Scot said:
    Kyleran said:

;)

:D :D :D

Thanks for proving you don't know at all what you're talking about.
    Players soloing dungeons in New World, yeah, whatever dude.

And you have a lot of group activity in the open world too in the elite zones, worth doing because you can get unique stuff from there too.

What you can do though is craft and improve your gear solo if you want, yet it will take much longer than groups and you will miss some BIS items.

You don't know this game at all yet you regularly talk about it like if you were an expert.
    I don't need to play any game any game to know it was launched way too early and they are still struggling to cope with that. You may think if you keep the smoke screen up players will not see this for what it is, but they already have. Half-baked and needing a lot more time in the oven.
    edited September 2022
    Clutching at straws out of topic now. Great.
    And I'm right for the third time, you still evaded the question... because you don't know shit about how this game works.

Anyway, welcome on my ignore list. Try playing games instead of trolling forums, you may have some fun. And I have an actual dungeon to attend to ;)
    Kyleran
    Respect, walk
    Yes, they are back !

I am only pointing out the issues the game has, we had Bradford on here telling us why even though he rated the DLC highly, it was nowhere near enough to be able to say the game has turned round. It is always better to communicate, but as you wish.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    And still slowly growing the player numbers, They went over 45K peak concurrent this past weekend.

Good for them.
    kitaradTheDalaiBombaThe_Korrigan
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED