Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Badly need help with fps

BaylinBaylin Member Posts: 3

Hi,

I am currently running a pentium 4, 3 gig processor, 1 gig DDR ram, 256 Geforce 5700, 2 meg broadband connection system for FFXI but when in game i am getting an fps at about 25-30 which, in a crowded area such as Jeuno, is dropping down to as low as 3

Anyone got any advice on how to fix this? - Any help is apreciated

Thanks

Comments

• tiki_godtiki_god Member Posts: 15

First make sure you have virus, trojans, spyware, adware, ect.
    Second make sure all your drives that you need are up to date.
    Third make sure you don't have unnessary programs running in the backgroung using up processor and ram.
    Run this demo in both low and high resolution. It will give you a rough idea how FFXI runs on your computer and gives a number list on what restrictions you may have.
    http://www.finalfantasyxionline.com/content/finalfantasyxi-demo.php

• BaylinBaylin Member Posts: 3

Thanks for that - im downloading that demo as we speak

I'll let you know if it works

• BaylinBaylin Member Posts: 3

I ran the demo and it was laggy when there were a lot of characters on screen but smooth when there were only a few. It didnt give any results at the end though it just displayed the score during each of the demo's

I still dont know what to do to fix the problem ::::37::

• tiki_godtiki_god Member Posts: 15

That score is what you need. Go back to that dl link and see how you ranked. If you run it on high and low take the average of it and that is about roughly where you sit. Tell me your number and I help a little more.