Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ROCCAT Kone XP Gaming Mouse Review | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited August 2022 in News & Features Discussion

imageROCCAT Kone XP Gaming Mouse Review | MMORPG.com

Gaming mice have come a long way over the past ten years. ROCCAT's latest endeavor, the Kone XP, aims to be an ergonomic experience for gamers. But does it live up? Here is our review.

Read the full story here

Comments

• SiniestrohSiniestroh Member UncommonPosts: 36
    I will avoid any product made by Roccat. I had a mouse that stop working few months after purchase. I contact support and some other people i was able to get from a friend. No one ever respond to any emails. Worst support I ever seen.
    Hiromant
  • user298user298 Member UncommonPosts: 152
    The most important aspect of any mouse, including "gaming", is the hand comfort. And this is something you can't "review" because different people have different hand sizes and things like skin's friction coefficient or how much sweat the skin produces (some people may prefer to use mouse with more ventilation for palm area because of that) and things like that.

For example, I recently returned Roccat Kone XP to Amazon - I ordered it in hopes of replacing my worn-out Logitech G402 mouse, but the Roccat felt very uncomfortable for my hand (particularly the fact that I couldn't "rest" the ring finger comfortably on it) so I never even cared for anything else like software or RGB or other nonsense, packed it up and sent it back to Amazon.
    Scot
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,389
    edited August 2022
    user298 said:
    The most important aspect of any mouse, including "gaming", is the hand comfort....snip...

I have found this website to be useful if you do not know how to find a mouse suitable for you.

He has some videos that explains some things like this one for example:

While I do not need a competitive fps type mouse it's still a good site and has videos that explains things like mouse size etc etc.

One thing however I would love to see mouse companies adopt is the Asus mouse push fit switch design. 

I know how to solder etc, yes I was an electronic tech back in the day when vhs/beta and cassette tape was still a thing so I tend to want/like to repair my own equipment be it my cloths dryer/pc monitor etc,  but being able to easily and quickly swap switches in your favorite mouse when it starts double clicking or having other switch faulty behavior is...welp it should be standard....also becuase they expect you to open you mouse to do this the mouse is made in a way that you do not need to destroy the skates on the underside of the mouse to  get to screws to remove the cover of the mouse etc which is a huge bonus too.

Also I like how, not sure if it is all asus mouse or just some of the, asus mice come stock with an extra pair of jap omron switches in case you don't like the china ones

Pr0tag0ni5tScotGameByNightValdheim

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Nice looking mouse but I hate it when they pad the button count by including things such as scroll up and scroll down as 2 of their 15 buttons. Wheel click down, left and right is fine because those are not mouse actions that games use by default but scroll up and down for POV in 3rd person games or weapon cycle in shooters are so almost universally used that having the ability to assign something different to those two is practically useless.

I do have a question about easy shift with the thumb down button. Do you always have to hold it down or can you set it as a toggle?
    Asm0deus
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• HyperpsycrowHyperpsycrow Member RarePosts: 911
    I had this mouse since i like roccat but the 4 side bottons feels more mushy then any other models they made with only 2 side bottons that feels right to press !

So due to they are smaller then they feels flimsey and moshy to press.

I returned it

• Pr0tag0ni5tPr0tag0ni5t Member UncommonPosts: 259
    Love my Roccat Nyth glad I got one before they were discontinued. I wish Roccat would come out with broader line up of gaming accessories. Great company.

• jitter77jitter77 Member UncommonPosts: 512
    Seems to be mixed reviews here. I have a steel series mouse with the 2 side buttons. I think it's the 700 and i like it. This is my second steel series mouse and i would have a hard time switching brands. I had a few razers which didn't last and i had the razer naga for Mmos. I could not get used to the naga i was constantly hitting the wrong buttons on the side. This Roccat seems interesting to me i would like a mouse with more buttons, but one that easier to hit the right one. For games that don't have a lot of skill buttons (outriders, diablo, gw2, etc etc) seems like this would be a good fit.
  • Hawkeye666Hawkeye666 Member UncommonPosts: 36
    Interesting. I'm always on the hunt for a new gaming mouse. I'm currently using the Swift Point model 700, which is amazing, but the button placement could be better. But my favorite mouse of all time is still the Steel Series Wow Cataclysm mouse. Great shape, most comfortable mouse i have ever used. And so many button in all the right locations for my hand size. But allas no new drivers since Windows 7, and so it does suffer from waning support and features that aren't quite Windows 10+ friendly.
  • AngrakhanAngrakhan Member EpicPosts: 1,122
    I have a mouse with a button in the same physical position as the easy shift button on this mouse. I frequently activate it accidentally when I slide my mouse to the left and inadvertently hit the button against my keyboard. Drives me nuts. I'd never buy this mouse.
  • JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,676
    Tend to compare new mice against my Logitech G502 Hero.
    Not seen any that look like they're going to offer a significant improvement,