Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Keychron Q8 Review: The Affordable, High-End Ergo Custom Keyboard | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599

imageKeychron Q8 Review: The Affordable, High-End Ergo Custom Keyboard | MMORPG.com

Keychron is back with its latest custom keyboard and it's the most interesting yet. Is the Keychron Q8 the best ergonomic mechanical keyboard? You be the judge in our review.

Read the full story here

Comments

• InperatrixInperatrix Member UncommonPosts: 2
    Could you link some alternative keycaps that include everything needed besides the one Keychron sells? Ordered the board but having trouble finding "complete" sets for it under $60 or so.
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Nice looking keyboard, but no keypad?  How am I going to do Key-5 to center the view (a standard in almost every MMORPG since EQ1) without it?

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• GameByNightGameByNight Hardware and Technology EditorMMORPG.COM Staff, Member RarePosts: 793

Could you link some alternative keycaps that include everything needed besides the one Keychron sells? Ordered the board but having trouble finding "complete" sets for it under $60 or so.

Sure. You will want to search Amazon for keycap sets that have a 2.75u and 2.25u spacebars. Those are typically found in sets with more than 169 keys. Here are some options (and I've had good luck with this brand in the past):

https://a.co/d/4IwEhrd

If you can't find anything you like there, you can also Shift keys of the same size instead. They're the same row, so have identical height and feel the same (but do look a little janky). It's actually pretty common. You can often find those in sets of 130ish keys, but always check to be sure it has that size. If you're willing to use shifts there, there are many more color options to choose from.
    Theocritus
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    Mendel said:
    Nice looking keyboard, but no keypad?  How am I going to do Key-5 to center the view (a standard in almost every MMORPG since EQ1) without it?
    With some other keyboard that fits your needs. These kinds of special layouts are good for some people and some uses, but these are not for everyone and everything.
    GameByNight