Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New World Delays Expedition Group Finder For Additional Work | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599

imageNew World Delays Expedition Group Finder For Additional Work | MMORPG.com

The Expedition Group Finder will take a bit longer to get to Aeternum, as the New World team pushes it back for additional work and testing.

Read the full story here

Comments

• DrSatanDrSatan Member UncommonPosts: 76
    Why is any one still playing this game?

How do these devs still have jobs?

Legit questions at this point.

*inserts Tide Pod challenge video*
    *plays on repeat*

I respect peoples freedom of choice.
    It's their judgement I mock.
  • The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459
    edited July 2022
    DrSatan said:

*plays on repeat*

Why are you posting in this thread ? Why do you care ?
    You probably never played the game yourself, like all the "know it better" people around here.

If you play the game, you may discover why people still play it...
    Kyleran
    Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551
    edited July 2022
    I still enjoy the game from time to time. It has it's own unique-ness to it. Obviously, it's not everyone's cup of tea.
    The_Korrigan

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• BootezBootez Member UncommonPosts: 72

DrSatan said:

*plays on repeat*

The thing is, if they do find their stride, the ambience, sound, and gameplay will take this game super far. When it released, I suspected it won't find its footing until the first major expansion. When that happens, I bet it's going to be fantastic. Overall, it's still fun to play if you're leveling.
  • The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459
    Tokken said:
    I still enjoy the game from time to time. It has it's own unique-ness to it. Obviously, it's not everyone's cup of tea.

Their summer event beats many other mainstream MMOs who just get back canned content.
    TokkenKyleran
    Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

edited July 2022

DrSatan said:

*plays on repeat*

Why are you posting in this thread ? Why do you care ?
    You probably never played the game yourself, like all the "know it better" people around here.

If you play the game, you may discover why people still play it...

Because 2/3 of the posts on this site about New World relate to it being hacked, something delayed, etc.

Much like Lost Ark, it reminds me of ESO.

I'm am mocking them a bit over not having a group finder for pve content, it's 2022. That they have to delay it, they mock themselves.

Group finder issues plague ESO to this day.

It never occured to them to figure out a matchmaker and a filter before?

I'm 40 dude, I've seen enough genuinely good, inspired games like Firefall, Asherons Call 2, etc rot into nothing because the devs lacked.... something.

These dudes really seem to be lacking something at this point.

Like Warframes own devs clearly dont..... do these guys even play their own game?

The One Tamriel post earlier was a good example of what happens when a good game becomes consumed compensating for its mistakes.

I could be proven wrong on New World!
    But I've seen a lot of shit in my day amigo.
    Scot
  • StarPortgasShineStarPortgasShine Member UncommonPosts: 6
    This devs really keep give some music too the ones who still play :D
    they can also dope the amount of delays and no work as intended :D
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,986
    edited July 2022
    Welcome to the forums! :)

It does not matter if you are a "two post wonder", I am an "18k wonder" and have deep reservations about NW myself.
    Scot said:

It does not matter if you are a "two post wonder", I am an "18k wonder" and have deep reservations about NW myself.

Among people who never played the game, i'm sure you're going to be able to build a common hate of something you never experienced ;)
    How do you know he has never played it?
    at this point i can see ... you may 1 of the guys that abused of the exploits and now cry about the numbers of the game..... NewWolrd only win for not be a cashgrab nice other mmos, at this point Newworld is 1 of the best .... gameplay and devs work is only a joke at this point.

Dopes, Hacket bug, exploints on wars, delays, exploits on pvp.

1+1 is 2

Still no single clue that your are actually playing this game. This is just you trying to look smart.

Fuck you.

How do I know if you are actually playing the game or not? Ha! Who is actually playing the game now?!

I regularly login after the big "bug-fixing" updates and they've yet to fix all the exploits that made everyone leave. Game had potential, game didn't reach potential (yet). Simple as that.

Leave the guy, you cant argument whit a rock.... :D
    *looks around*

Was there a fire while I was gone??

You don't need to 'play' a game to see the problems, or the lack of reset(s) following sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....... sooooo many exploits for a 'AAA' title.

Neverwinter Online failed to reset after their early market dupe bug, and never recovered.

I can read headlines just fine.

Maybe some of us are too tired and the treads worn too thin to 'take it all on faith' it just.... works itself out.

It's a games job to sell itself.

We shouldn't need convincing.
    Scot
  • OldKingLogOldKingLog Member RarePosts: 564

I'm also playing Fractured so what's your point ?
    Nothing ! So I guessed. Get lost.

You are one of few people here who can look past the flaws in games to see the things they did right, which I appreciate, unfortunately it doesn't always make you right.

Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots

Umberto Eco.

Irony. Far out.

Still no single clue that your are actually playing this game. This is just you trying to look smart.

Prove it or shut the fuck up.

New World has some really good features and I enjoyed the hell out of the first month and a half. And I also defended the hell out of it on these very forums. However after that the wheels fell off. After a certain point there are just too many things missing or wrong with the game. It was released too early, and too content light and it shows ... badly. Until the game studio addresses those issues (and no I'm not listing them here, the forums are already bursting with laundry lists of them), the game will not prosper and may not even survive. I'm glad you are still enjoying the game, and I hope that some day they'll fix what drove me away and I'll be able to enjoy it myself. However until then I'd recommend you drop your pathetic thistle arsed attitude. The fact that YOU still enjoy the game does not mean all these game issues that drove tons of players away no longer exist.
    DrSatan
    Scot said:
    Scot said:

Among people who never played the game, i'm sure you're going to be able to build a common hate of something you never experienced ;)
    How do you know he has never played it?

Jeez seriously... piss off. Play games before you talk about them. That would be a nice change for you.
    And you can look my post history (and the post history of my previous alter-ego). I never post about games I haven't played. You are just so full of bullshit it's getting boring now.

You know nothing, john snow.
    You have a track record of trying to bully posters into accepting your views about NW, well that ain't happening. Posters do not need to play a game to realise there is something badly wrong. We had loads of posts on here from players telling us what was wrong, very little has been done to correct those issues.

As your posts tell us, you put the game on hold at the start of the year and restarted a few months later, from your own posts you did this because they made the game more easy mode. If I am wrong please do point that out. I accept some of those changes may have been to pointlessly complex systems but overall the tone was just making the game easier. That does not address the issues players had at launch which fed directly into them leaving.

What I really don't understand is how someone who is clearly intelligent feels a need to make a "hate" issue about this, we don't hate the game. It was not what many of us were hoping for but even so I still have hope the game will turn around as time goes on but that hope has diminished as each month passes with no reboot.

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551
    edited July 2022
    There is good and bad in all games. I think it helps discover what you like and dislike about a game if you actually play it.  Some people who post negative comments on a game usually are following the crowd, "fanning the fire". If they tried playing it they would see the positive aspects as well but they get hyperfocused on the negative. I, personally, like the game. I have had little experience in game with bugs or exploits.
    Scot

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited July 2022
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited July 2022
    Tokken said:
    There is good and bad in all games. I think it helps discover what you like and dislike about a game if you actually play it.  Some people who post negative comments on a game usually are following the crowd, "fanning the fire". If they tried playing it they would see the positive aspects as well but they get hyperfocused on the negative. I, personally, like the game. I have had little experience in game with bugs or exploits.
    I accept that you get a better handle on a game by playing, what I don't accept is that you have to play a game to be sure it is not for you. If I thought that was true I would not play any game that I could not play a preview of. Is anyone saying that's what we should do?

Just as importantly and I am not alone here, I base my thinking on what posters who have played say plus the odd video. Early posters concerns were not addressed, since then we have heard about some good things like the seasonal events and music but not much else. Here is an update from February which takes quite a reasonable approach, it is not bashing the game, just puts a question mark on will enough be done?

The state of New World in 2022: Things aren't looking great | PC Gamer 

There is not anything more recent I could find as I think journos are waiting until they see more. The game has certainly not stalled, but I can't get a handle on what the direction is that they wish to go in, can you?

Also I agree about following the crowd that is a danger, that's why I point to articles and videos not on this forum. I think it is good NW players come on here to defend the game, but if it is just to blast every post they don't like how is that constructive?

The number of times I have said this is starting to be tedious to me, we want the game to succeed. The video I posted last time showed a game with great graphics and combat, the idea of regional conflict is soundly based, in fact I know of no better way to construct a MMO. But it needs more core content, a fully fledged questing side and players being able to feel more integrated into the the regional conflict. I still have my fingers crossed. 
    Tokken
  • husscoolhusscool Member UncommonPosts: 78
    New World has the bones of a great MMO. The foundation is there and its very easy to lose yourself in hours of activities within game. Yggdrassil is a very active server so maybe I'm just spoiled.
    You have to remember Vanilla WoW had poor quality of life and was very grindy before TBC. Unbalanced and janky AF.

Were just waiting for NW's version of a TBC expac.
    The_Korrigan
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SpiiderSpiider Member RarePosts: 1,135
    More comments in this thread than active people on my server.

I still think this game has good bones. But that is it, its only bones. No content.
    Scot

No fate but what we make, so make me a ham sandwich please.

Keep calm an carry on posting, there are already several posts here that could get bans, do posters actually want that?
    edited July 2022
    It is clear to me that Korrigan finds civil discourse as regards NW impossible, so I just won't bother to reply to him from now on anything to do with NW.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Sometimes we need fantasy to survive reality 
    https://biturl.top/rU7bY3
    Beyond the shadows there's always light
  • NeoyoshiNeoyoshi Member RarePosts: 1,141
    Tokken said:

Their summer event beats many other mainstream MMOs who just get back canned content.

Say that again in a couple years when New World does the same thing, assuming the game is still in operation.

It's easier to call something better when it's brand spanking new isn't it?  

Fishing on Gilgamesh since 2013
    edited July 2022
    Neoyoshi said:
    Tokken said:

Say that again in a couple years when New World does the same thing, assuming the game is still in operation.

It's easier to call something better when it's brand spanking new isn't it?  
    Well I will replay to a reply, they should be proud of their seasonal events, but the lack of anything that could be called an expansion is telling but how can they do that and everything else they need to do? In its own way this is an argument for shut down and re-boot.
This discussion has been closed.