Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chimeraland Celebrates 10 Million Global Players, Launches Ancient Greece-Themed Event Featuring Chi

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599

imageChimeraland Celebrates 10 Million Global Players, Launches Ancient Greece-Themed Event Featuring Chimeras | MMORPG.com

Chimeraland is marking 10 million global players since its launch, and there's a new Greek-themed event (featuring chimeras) beginning today.

Read the full story here

Comments

• SpiiderSpiider Member RarePosts: 1,135
    edited July 2022
    Trial of Athena and Chimeras were live on Asian servers months ago. This is nothing new.

No fate but what we make, so make me a ham sandwich please.

• sschruppsschrupp Member UncommonPosts: 684

Spiider said:

Trial of Athena and Chimeras were live on Asian servers months ago. This is nothing new.

News to me!
    maskedweasel
  • slowz2secretslowz2secret Member RarePosts: 407
    edited July 2022
    Accounts* impossible this game have 10m active players. Looking in the steamcharts, 1,778 players right now with a peak of 2,252 players
    ZenJellyashiru_1978
  • DattelisDattelis Member RarePosts: 1,456

Accounts* impossible this game have 10m active players.
    Looking in the steamcharts, 1,778 players right now with a peak of 2,252 players

Well it is global is its possible. Just like Lineage 2 is still one of the most played games in korea I think.
  • LumeriaLumeria Member UncommonPosts: 61

Spiider said:

Captain Obvious award time /eye roll.
    Kayless
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    Accounts* impossible this game have 10m active players. Looking in the steamcharts, 1,778 players right now with a peak of 2,252 players
    I bet 90% of players or more are on mobile.  
    AndemnonTokken

• slowz2secretslowz2secret Member RarePosts: 407

Looking in the steamcharts, 1,778 players right now with a peak of 2,252 players

I bet 90% of players or more are on mobile.  

can be possible yes, these games usually are not that played on pc
  • ashiru_1978ashiru_1978 Member RarePosts: 818

Why do you sound so sure? Don't you know that the game is cross-platform between mobile and PC? I'm not defending the game, but you're omitting the possibility that there can be 10,000,000 Asians with really low standards playing that game.
    Andemnon

Why do you sound so sure? Don't you know that the game is cross-platform between mobile and PC? I'm not defending the game, but you're omitting the possibility that there can be 10,000,000 Asians with really low standards playing that game.
    I wouldn't call this game really low standards. There are way worse out there. 
    AndemnonMcSleazVidahr

• AndemnonAndemnon Member UncommonPosts: 179
    I suspect there is a typo, instead of celebrating 10 million global players, its meant to say that there is 10 million mobile players, i mean it sounds the same so mistakes like that do happen :p
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    How about an Iron Age event? Iron age tribes in Britain were burying composite skeletons of animals back in their day. They arranged them to make new beasts, surely worth some thermic content?
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    I've already uninstalled this one.  The PC controls and UI were just too weird.  Any game which has an achievement for 'First Purchase' isn't going to interest me much further.  Struggled to build a house, harvested a lot of stuff, ate an apple whenever I didn't want to, stumbled through parts of the guide.  Nice looking character creation tool, but beyond that it was pretty inept.  Definitely a game that is going to favor the early adapter (site selection).

So, the PC account hemorrhaging is at least 1.

maskedweaselScot

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• koyutakotakoyutakota Member UncommonPosts: 24
    it took me a while to get used to fumbled through alot of stuff at first but majority of menus can be reached by pressing esc or pressing v then things became way easier i didn't really fallow the quest after it taught me how to claim land after that iv just been building up my house and skills and stuff. i think my house rank was at lvl 5 before i decide to do the quest which i found my self instantly completing the quest as I had already completed those parts of the missions. game is rough around the edges but been having a blast with it with my group of friends in the game and i was the one that was skeptical about the game at first. i did download from the official site because i heard a lot of people were having issues with the steam version so far game the games been running pretty good for me, no frame drops or stutters
    maskedweasel
    Does anyone know of a game that utilizes a similar building system?
    Dattelis said:

Conan Exiles uses a similar system.  I didn't see anything but square building pieces, so I'd rate CE as a better building experience.  Granted, a lot of things require DLCs in CE.

Dattelis

edited July 2022

Mendel said:

Dattelis said:

Conan Exiles uses a similar system.  I didn't see anything but square building pieces, so I'd rate CE as a better building experience.  Granted, a lot of things require DLCs in CE.

In this game, more shapes and stuff are usually behind higher 'home levels' or stuff you're able to research at your spirit thing under the building tab.
    Mendel
    Dattelis said:

Mendel said:

Dattelis said:

In this game, more shapes and stuff are usually behind higher 'home levels' or stuff you're able to research at your spirit thing under the building tab.

Didn't get that far/not going to get that far.  Thanks for the insight, @Dattelis.

Dattelis

I really want to love this game but honestly the micro-managing can be too much for me at times. You gotta keep your pet fed and out whenever you do stuff cause they get exp as well as you do. Same for your assistant but ontop of keeping them fed and out, you need to gear them as well if you want them to do anything, which you need to repair the gear they use as well. Pet AI can be cumbersome as well since aiming is line of sight, so they can take a lot of unnecessary damage at time and it can be a real pain at times to heal them during combat (for me at least). All of that while maintaining yourself and staying on top of your weapon durability so it doesn't become awkward to navigate menus while fighting to heal/change weapons etc. Lol So I was just honestly looking for something less demanding while still having that addictive building aspect.
    maskedweaselMendel
    Dattelis said:
    I really want to love this game but honestly the micro-managing can be too much for me at times. You gotta keep your pet fed and out whenever you do stuff cause they get exp as well as you do. Same for your assistant but ontop of keeping them fed and out, you need to gear them as well if you want them to do anything, which you need to repair the gear they use as well. Pet AI can be cumbersome as well since aiming is line of sight, so they can take a lot of unnecessary damage at time and it can be a real pain at times to heal them during combat (for me at least). All of that while maintaining yourself and staying on top of your weapon durability so it doesn't become awkward to navigate menus while fighting to heal/change weapons etc. Lol So I was just honestly looking for something less demanding while still having that addictive building aspect.
    I'm starting to be a little over it too. I like the building and the taming and even the combat is okay.

But the last two times I've attempted to kill the giant beasts I'll start the fight, get them near dead, only to have someone come in and capture it before I can kill it.  

I need the materials for the things I'm building but I can't get them, and I'm not going to buy them on the auction house. So I might be done with trying to progress for now. 
    Dattelis

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    This is a more misleading than usual numbers release. The game has been out on IOS, Android and PC since January in SEA so god only knows how many players it already had before the July 15 "global" release.

It makes it sound like it's a monumental instant hit by announcing 10 mil just a week after the latest regions were added.

Misleading marketing at its best.
    Mendel
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

Dattelis said:
    I'm starting to be a little over it too. I like the building and the taming and even the combat is okay.

But the last two times I've attempted to kill the giant beasts I'll start the fight, get them near dead, only to have someone come in and capture it before I can kill it.  

I need the materials for the things I'm building but I can't get them, and I'm not going to buy them on the auction house. So I might be done with trying to progress for now. 

Its definitely one of those games that felt like it would've been better as either a single player game or co-op game (like Rust/7 days to die/etc), but that's just my opinion.
    Mendel