Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Monsters & Memories is a Classic Fantasy Indie Game Looking for its Niche | MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,166

Looks pretty cool. Reminded me of Istaria and I thought: Should they accept modern Directx (not pre-historic versions) - almost ideal game to play.

Well, pay-to-play plus forced group content. A pity, could have perfect old-school game if it had any f2p option (just look at pre-nerf Istaria!).

To their intended niche market these are welcome features otherwise in short supply, and even then mostly in aged titles many of which not what they were when this was more the standard. A f2p option and solo focus would entirely undermine the attraction of it to those they are trying to appeal to, which is already a fraction of players overall.

In short, it would be their undoing.
  • KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,166

HazenXIII said:

So basically Project Gorgon 2.0.

Not really.

This game is class based. P:G is not.

I expect progression in it to be level based. P:G advancement is skill based.

That alone is a fair bit of difference and I'm sure that won't be the end of it.
    kitaradTheDalaiBomba
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    I wonder how far it is from becoming a launch product.

• TheDalaiBombaTheDalaiBomba Member EpicPosts: 1,493
    kitarad said:
    I don't think they've added quests yet, so I'm thinking they've stoll got quote a bit of dev time.
  • TwoTubesTwoTubes Member UncommonPosts: 328
    kitarad said:
    They are still creating a vertical slice for the proof of concept stage.  A finished product is a long way off.