Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Steam Summer Sale 2022

DattelisDattelis Member RarePosts: 1,454
I'm sorry in advance if a thread like this was already created else where. I was just curious what games people already picked up or were potentially planning to pick up this sale. Just trying to get ideas for myself (while I wait for other games I want coming out later in the year like Spiderman and Persona 5) and maybe for other lurkers as well.

Comments

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    What would be interesting is a follow-up post from buyers on when they actually "finished" the games they bought, or even broke the seal on them.

I noticed yesterday I have 32 games in my Steam Library and I wouldn't be surprised if I've never even tried more than half of them.

Many of them have been in there since four or five years or so, being mostly single player games which I'm not really fond of or early access survival and multiplayer games which are in never ending early access.

ScotTokkenDattelisChampie

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• AndemnonAndemnon Member UncommonPosts: 179
    Steam summer sales, or any sales for that matter, if its a game you really wanted to buy then fine, i've got too many games in my Steam collection and i barely play any of them, its a bit like going shopping in a mall, you see lots of things that they are desperately trying to sell you, with offers claiming to be special deals and its a new shiny thing that you absolutely must have to make your life complete! So you buy them, but when you get home, you are left with something you probably wouldn't have bought because you have no real use for.  :D 
    KyleranTokkenDattelis
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    Yeah 300+ games haven't even played 50 + I think.
    KyleranDattelisKidRisk
    Chamber of Chains
    Torval said:
    I played both Tiny Tina's (PS5 splitscreen) and Remnant (GamePass for PC) before I bought them. I know what I'm getting into and that I like them. Whether I'm able to finish them or not isn't a consideration for me. I'll try, but if I can't or don't, then I don't. I like them and am playing them. That is what matters to me now.

[Deleted User]

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    Bought "Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous" for half price.
    DattelisKyleran

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    edited June 2022
    Kyleran said:
    What would be interesting is a follow-up post from buyers on when they actually "finished" the games they bought, or even broke the seal on them.

I noticed yesterday I have 32 games in my Steam Library and I wouldn't be surprised if I've never even tried more than half of them.

Many of them have been in there since four or five years or so, being mostly single player games which I'm not really fond of or early access survival and multiplayer games which are in never ending early access.

I had the same problem... I would buy games and never play them. That's why I am so picky about buying games now. I wish I could get my money back for some of the "impulse" buys I have done. I have deleted some of the games from my steam account. I mainly buy MMO's now because I like playing with others. 
    Dattelis[Deleted User]KyleranChampie

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• DattelisDattelis Member RarePosts: 1,454
    Tokken said:
    Kyleran said:

I had the same problem... I would buy games and never play them. That's why I am so picky about buying games now. I wish I could get my money back for some of the "impulse" buys I have done. I have deleted some of the games from my steam account. I mainly buy MMO's now because I like playing with others. 

I'm still in the same bought. Oddly enough, I still have this 'itch' to buy stuff at times, I guess cause I'm currently in a lul period with games. By that I mean, with Lost Ark I'm kind of waiting for at least arcanist to drop and I know that I can build up my sorc more while I wait but honestly it doesn't make me want to play that much now. Only reason I've been playing Smite so much is because its so easy to jump in and put down, no real investment needed. So while I wait for Spiderman and Persona 5 to drop, there kind of hasn't been anything that makes me just want to 'invest' in I suppose. Just looking at some ideas here to see if I over looked anything.

I did break down and buy Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate for about $15 cause I'm a sucker for Spawn in any video game (which I think is rare):

Tokken
  • fineflufffinefluff Member RarePosts: 561
    I bought Guild Wars 1. I’ve been thinking about giving it a try for a while and I don’t think it goes on sale very often.
    Dattelis[Deleted User]eoloe
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    What usually happens is I don't find what I want in the sale, but the week after I will find 3-4 that look great but are now full price....I dont have any unplayed games and I often refund them if they dont grab me in first two hours (which seems to happen alot).....
    [Deleted User]TokkenDattelis
  • UNH0LYEV1LUNH0LYEV1L Member UncommonPosts: 571
    Steam sales definitely arent what they used to be. The selection of significantly discounted games is poor the last few years. Still, i picked up the Yakuza series and am looking forward to playing them for the story.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

I have a possible or two (one is not a game but a program) but so far I have bought nothing.
    I am working my tail off lately (getting crunchy on a couple of projects)
    and off hours ESO is commanding my attention so I am ok with that

Yeah, but you probably own what, 500 plus games you can go back and check out again?.

;)
    [Deleted User]Dattelis

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Torval said:
    Kyleran said:
    Torval said:
    I played both Tiny Tina's (PS5 splitscreen) and Remnant (GamePass for PC) before I bought them. I know what I'm getting into and that I like them. Whether I'm able to finish them or not isn't a consideration for me. I'll try, but if I can't or don't, then I don't. I like them and am playing them. That is what matters to me now.

I know right? Like I did some research, tested the games out, and decided to buy what I liked. Most people just buy something because the cover art is cool.

Tokken said:
    This is just one of the reasons I like GamePass for PC so much. I used to buy a lot of games blindly and hoped for the best. Now I can try out a lot of games before deciding. Often I just play the entire thing on GamePass and call it done. It has saved me a lot of money.

AI: The Somnium Files is an interesting visual novel I might have bought on this sale but it's on GamePass so I just installed it there.
    I wasn't poking fun at buying games you like, just the idea of not finishing them.

I'm OCD compulsive when it comes to finishing things that I started, novels, TV series, games, always only one at a time, always to the bitter end before moving on.

Even when I play MMOS, I never create an alt until any previous character is at max level plus and I've more or less done it all on it.

You remember how my main in FO76 was well over level 500 before I started a 2nd alt, and I still only have two characters in 18 months of steady playing (mule characters not withstanding)

"I need to finish."

TokkenDattelis

• UwakionnaUwakionna Member RarePosts: 1,139
    edited June 2022
    Kyleran said:

I have apparently "completed" 303 of the games in my steam library.

Out of 1,436. >_>

EDIT: In my defense...I got nothin'. Some times it's humble bundle stuff or just errant collecting, a good chunk of the time it's a game I want to just look at a particular mechanic or concept from.

Only part of the time is it a game I actually wanna play through just for fun.
    TokkenDattelisKyleran
  • eoloeeoloe Member RarePosts: 864
    finefluff said:
    I bought Guild Wars 1. I’ve been thinking about giving it a try for a while and I don’t think it goes on sale very often.

One of my favorite game. However, it is better with people and I am afraid about the size of the current population (or lack thereof).
    [Deleted User]DattelisKyleran
  • shetlandslarsenshetlandslarsen Member UncommonPosts: 203
    None for me. Stopped buying when I found out I had about 40 games I have not played yet.

Besides jumped back in lotro a few days ago. Looks like it will keep me occupied until Starfield releases. One can hope at least.  :) 
    DattelisKyleran
    I am a scizo misanthrope. So one day I may go BANZAI on your post.
    Have not yet though. Maybe there is hope?
    Nah there is really none for me or the human race. 
  • DattelisDattelis Member RarePosts: 1,454
    "If I do hit a wall and don't finish, or put it on hold, I'm okay with that too."

I do like this point and it probably resonates the most with me when I was playing Star Ocean: The Last Hope. There was just a point in the game, probably close to the end, where I felt okay just stopping and never looking back.
    [Deleted User]
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Torval said:
    Kyleran said:
    Torval said:

I know right? Like I did some research, tested the games out, and decided to buy what I liked. Most people just buy something because the cover art is cool.

Tokken said:

AI: The Somnium Files is an interesting visual novel I might have bought on this sale but it's on GamePass so I just installed it there.
    Just bought that one in a Switch sale for 8 bucks, interesting game to say the least.

Just looked through my Steam Wishlist. Most is on sale, I just don’t have the urge to buy anything. I did quit playing Diablo Immortal though. Still a good dozen or so games in my library I really want to play, too much good stuff, too little time.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    [Deleted User]Dattelis
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 927
    edited June 2022
    Sometimes we need fantasy to survive reality 
    https://biturl.top/rU7bY3
    Beyond the shadows there's always light
    I picked up Shin Megami Tensei III Nocturne HD remaster. I cannot recall why I forgot to get it when it came out but there was a good discount so I got it.

Craftopia.

Legend of Keepers for now.
    Dattelis
    Chamber of Chains
  • TheDalaiBombaTheDalaiBomba Member EpicPosts: 1,493
    I bought Pathfinder: WotR, and wish I hadn't.  I've never seen more terrible combat difficulty pacing than in that game.  Like, things don't even make sense based on what the game developers are telling you via their UI tutorials.  I've no idea how it scored so highly.  It's a prime example of a studio not keeping their heads on their shoulders and realizing that, in the end, they're making a video game, not a tabletop campaign.  Playing that game is like playing with a DM who both doesn't know what he's doing, and who is an asshole.
    Tokken
    I bought Pathfinder: WotR, and wish I hadn't.  I've never seen more terrible combat difficulty pacing than in that game.  Like, things don't even make sense based on what the game developers are telling you via their UI tutorials.  I've no idea how it scored so highly.  It's a prime example of a studio not keeping their heads on their shoulders and realizing that, in the end, they're making a video game, not a tabletop campaign.  Playing that game is like playing with a DM who both doesn't know what he's doing, and who is an asshole.
    I loved Pathfinder WotR but only because I restarted 4 times after a few hours and I thoroughly checked out builds. So my play through was relatively painless after I understood what was going on and I was very slow and methodical. 

The harder bits I would use turn base and easier ones real time with pause. I also managed to force my party to make it through many areas to almost the point of exhaustion. I felt sorry for the party. 

You cannot play these games in my opinion without some idea of what works until you get a good grasp of the mechanics. I found the game really good but encountered a terrible bug halfway through and I decided to wait for a patch to fix it.

Some battles took almost 90 minutes to complete.
    KyleranTokken
    Chamber of Chains