Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo Immortal $10K NZD: No 5 stars gem :)

124»

Comments

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,991
    Aori said:
    Really? You support the streamer who manipulates his viewership by gambling money from a company doing predatory practices? You think he was doing it for the good of the people and industry? He was doing it for business.

Gambling on twitch is big business and is causing a lot of people to fall into gambling themselves, maybe you should focus your efforts on that problem. Unless of course you still believe the community isn't part of the problem.
    Gambling is a big business on Twitch, unfortunately for gaming DI fits right in.
  • DjijinDjijin Member UncommonPosts: 108
    *sits back watches the lemmings justify this industry*

/popcorn
    Kyleran
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • AAAMEOWAAAMEOW Member RarePosts: 1,605
    If he deleted his account, he probably didn't make that much from the stream audience.  Quite curious how much he made/lost after donation.  
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    edited June 2022
    Now you too can get a 5/5 star gem with the Rift Simulator:

https://dimi777.github.io/diablo-rift-simulator/

:)

TheDalaiBomba
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Aori said:
    Iselin said:
    Now you too can get a 5/5 tar gem with the Rift Simulator:

https://dimi777.github.io/diablo-rift-simulator/

:)

While neat, I hate it, it gives people a false sense of hope they can get good rolls. I bet Blizzard made it and secretly sent it out.
    Seriously doubt it. If you watch the video that Uwakionna posted here, they're saying the average from many people trying it is about $4,000 per gem. Hardly the kind of message Blizzard would want to promote.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    I saw this video which was hilarious. I mean it wasn't really hilarious I just found it funny because it was this chap who loves Blizzard and he was trying so hard to play Diablo Immortal in the PvP fights and getting completely annhilated.

He spoke of the crafting system which takes 52 years (yea real time) to get one 5 star gem so it is a worthless sytem. Asmongold who was watching it quipped that that was why it was called Diablo Immortal because you had to be immortal to play it. Throughout that video it was one sad point after another and that player Raxxanterex was genuinely so sad.

Apparently Ted Cruz of all people knows enough about gaming , he spoke of microtransactions and the game Ready Player One which he said he has watched several times. He was quite honestly the very last person I would have associated to gaming. He says he even spent $20 on a loot box. He does agree that kids shouldn't be playing these games and that it is gambling.
    Chamber of Chains
  • KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,172
    cheyane said:
    I saw this video which was hilarious. I mean it wasn't really hilarious I just found it funny because it was this chap who loves Blizzard and he was trying so hard to play Diablo Immortal in the PvP fights and getting completely annhilated.

He spoke of the crafting system which takes 52 years (yea real time) to get one 5 star gem so it is a worthless sytem. Asmongold who was watching it quipped that that was why it was called Diablo Immortal because you had to be immortal to play it. Throughout that video it was one sad point after another and that player Raxxanterex was genuinely so sad.

Apparently Ted Cruz of all people knows enough about gaming , he spoke of microtransactions and the game Ready Player One which he said he has watched several times. He was quite honestly the very last person I would have associated to gaming. He says he even spent $20 on a loot box. He does agree that kids shouldn't be playing these games and that it is gambling.

There are several full five star gems for sale in the auction house of the main server I play on, so 52 years is a bit of an exaggeration, unless you mean done strictly through f2p alone where it may well be possible.

As far as dropping one to begin with, it cost me $0 to do so, and it happened with the free purple crest you get when doing the Elder Rift tutorial on a new server with my first ever go at it. What are the chances of that? Random is indeed random.

It's a fun game to play, such that one could easily justify spending a bit on it for the entertainment it provides. But the many, many ways one could spend on it make it a bad choice for any that can't control their spending.

Also, while pushing a character to perfection was a fine goal in buy to play versions of the game it's not really a viable one in DI if one wishes to play the game for free or at a modest cost. On the other had it offers a fair amount of opportunity for social play, what with the clans and warbands, which may interest some.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    Kyleran said:
    Iselin said:
    Aori said:
    Iselin said:
    Aori said:
    Iselin said:
    Aori said:
    beat a large whale clan because they got careless.
    Nice to see that the old standard refuge of dolphins in P2Win games "But we can beat the wales 'cause we have skill!" is alive and well. :)

Enjoy it while it lasts. You'll soon enough run into wales with enough skill to one-shot you.
    Can you not take 1 sentence to be snarky with. I didn't mention anything about our skill, I said they got careless. Also our clan is Minnow at best, most are F2P. We don't even have dolphins. I'm well aware of the wall we will eventually hit, I also know that there is at least 2 clans on the server we have 0 chance of defeating if they can use a braincell.

I'm just pointing out, the industry is a lot lot worse than what we see in Diablo Immortal. This isn't a justification that D:I's systems are fine just that this is the norm not the outlier. 
    I'll stop when you stop hand waving stuff away explicitly or implicitly :)
    What am I waving away? The guy thought this is the worst the industry has to offer. I'm saying there is a lot worse and in greater frequency. 
    When we're talking about Blizzard, not Joe Schmoe Inc., doing it with one of their iconic franchises, and the response is "Guys, guys, settle down, this is not even as bad as mobile games get," that is a form of hand waving, is it not?
    Blizzard is actually more of a Joe Schmoe company these days, their golden age lies far behind them.

He's not wrong, you should read some of the RMT complaint threads in LA Forums, almost terrifying to see how many people routinely pay big money, thousands a month and they could be considered dolphins compared to some.

The biggest complaints is why AGS won't come down harder on players who RMT (3 day bans they say),  makes no sense to pay 5 or 10 times more from official store.

In one example someone showed how getting 20 gold Grudge skill books would cost about a grand using the offical store to purchase crowns to convert to gold, while same gold can be bought illicitly for $244.

Nevermind that in either case this is to make a minor enhancement to a single ability, could easily spend $10K or more trying to round out a single character, nevermind the stable of high level alts many maintain.

So yeah, Blizzard sux and all, but they are probably small time players in this mobile market space.

Blizzard is living off their past.....People still look up to them because of name recognition....They used to make good games, now its just cash grabs so Bobby K can get his 30 mil.