Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PvPvE Shooter The Cycle: Frontier Launches Free-To-Play Today On Steam, Epic Games Store

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited June 2022 in Videos Discussion
Post edited by lotrlore on

Comments

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    edited June 2022
    Let the ganking and griefing commence! Good luck to those that are still into that kind of fetish gameplay. :P
    elveoneDarkages
  • ElvocElvoc Member RarePosts: 546
    edited June 2022
    Such a waste, gameplay is fun, lots of the things you can do in the game but once again the PVP trolls have taken over and all they are doing is just ganking people after they drop and taking their stuff. Why cant developers understand that you cant just have open world PVP without some limitations? And to say this is a PVPVE is a longshot, its PK fun for those that like it..
    bcbullyelveone[Deleted User]Kyleran
  • DattelisDattelis Member RarePosts: 1,457
    "....players will be bringing their gear with them into the world..."

Now sure how good that will be in the long term
    elveone
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    edited June 2022

Dattelis said:

"....players will be bringing their gear with them into the world..."

Now sure how good that will be in the long term

"Thier gear" hahahahahhaha Yagers gear... time to stop that nonsense in it's tracks

Still I like the concept.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • losthewarlosthewar Member UncommonPosts: 74
    Game is worse then the original.
    elveone[Deleted User]
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    One of those "free" games where if you buy all the DLCs you will spend $163....This is why I am not a fan of DLCs.....and then I get to get ganked and have all my stuff taken too? Wow how can that go wrong?
    JeroKanebcbullyKyleran
  • elveoneelveone Member RarePosts: 426
    They had a great original concept for this game and abandoned it to create this Escape from Tarkov clone abomination in spite of all the feedback they got that their new concept sucks.
    [Deleted User]Kyleran
  • ultimateduckultimateduck Member EpicPosts: 1,269
    I don't know why people that don't like PvP games comment on PvP games.

I kind of like the concept. It's a little harsh. It reminds me of a mix between Fortnite and Eve Online.

My only concern with this game is how they will make money. Are the DLC modules the only way to make cash or will they start selling items making it P2W. What will happen if someone gets killed 20 times in a row, which is easier than it sounds, and runs out of loot and money? Will they need to spend real money to keep playing?
    [Deleted User]
  • DEXA88DEXA88 Member UncommonPosts: 175
    Really bad tarkov clone thats what this is !
  • TheDalaiBombaTheDalaiBomba Member EpicPosts: 1,493
    Isn't this a session-based competitive multiplayer shooter first and foremost?

My understanding was the PvE existed specifically to facilitate and enhance the PvP experience, not merely exist alongside it.

Is that wrong?
    [Deleted User]
  • ultimateduckultimateduck Member EpicPosts: 1,269

My understanding was the PvE existed specifically to facilitate and enhance the PvP experience, not merely exist alongside it.

Is that wrong?
    You are not wrong. This is why I referred to it as a mashup of Eve and Fortnite, because it is a competitive shooter but it's also about quests for resource gathering, loot and acquiring money for quest completion that can be lost to other players in PvP. To help combat this loss you can insure your gear. It has elements of both.

[Deleted User]
  • TheDalaiBombaTheDalaiBomba Member EpicPosts: 1,493

Is that wrong?
    You are not wrong. This is why I referred to it as a mashup of Eve and Fortnite, because it is a competitive shooter but it's also about quests for resource gathering, loot and acquiring money for quest completion that can be lost to other players in PvP. To help combat this loss you can insure your gear. It has elements of both.

It definitely sounds to me like it was built from the ground up to have PvE interact with the PvP element.

It wouldn't work with a lot of heavy rules on how players engage in PvP.  Maybe if you wanted to split the players into teams for an extra game mode.

I was just wondering reference the gankbox criticisms.  This doesn't seem like a valid criticism considering it's the point of the game.
    [Deleted User]ultimateduck