Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Profane Has Updated Their Roadmap for May and Things are Shaping Up!

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599

Comments

• theGnadetheGnade Member UncommonPosts: 147
    This game most likely will be major flop. The idea of full loot MMO is already niche. At one point they could figure it out ( if they already havent ) and then try to turn it into MMORPG and then this will be New World all over again, just low budget one. It is not impossible to do full loot MMO, just my money is on that they will get it wrong.
    maskedweaselIsilithTehrothashiru_1978
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    If we're going to get a 'Roadmap for May', it would be nice to get it before May 28.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355
    edited May 2022
    Mendel said:
    If we're going to get a 'Roadmap for May', it would be nice to get it before May 28.
    You assume that a "Roadmap for May" means May 2022.

More seriously, it sounds to me like what it really means is "update during May of long-term roadmap", not "roadmap for what to do in May".  It looks to me like they're not putting dates of which work will be done when on the roadmap, but just trying to explain what they've done and what remains to be done.
    maskedweaselMendel
  • ashiru_1978ashiru_1978 Member RarePosts: 818

theGnade said:

This game most likely will be major flop. The idea of full loot MMO is already niche. At one point they could figure it out ( if they already havent ) and then try to turn it into MMORPG and then this will be New World all over again, just low budget one. It is not impossible to do full loot MMO, just my money is on that they will get it wrong.

I have a feeling something like this will happen. Having a roadmap is nice to get a general idea how far into development the game is in, but I think that the things on the roadmap are unimportant for me as to what makes an interesting MMORPG.

I think the current trend for MMORPGs is to try and make some kind of a "sandbox" with some old school mechanics, before that it was the Korean action combat craze, before that it was the WoW clone craze and only 1-2 games from each period really stuck, the others were forgotten or shut down and completely gone. I believe the same will happen with this "old school sandbox" craze too - all these games will fail miserably and be forgotten.
  • ultimateduckultimateduck Member EpicPosts: 1,269
    Full loot PvP usually equates to a shallow, garbage loot system. Nobody wants to lose their pimp gear because they got zerged.

Fractured has a decent alternative. You can loot bags but not items that are equipped.
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Quizzical said:
    Mendel said:
    You assume that a "Roadmap for May" means May 2022.

More seriously, it sounds to me like what it really means is "update during May of long-term roadmap", not "roadmap for what to do in May".  It looks to me like they're not putting dates of which work will be done when on the roadmap, but just trying to explain what they've done and what remains to be done.

That would make it more a Status report than a roadmap in my eyes.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.