Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Elder Scrolls Online Dives Into The History Of The Systres Archipelago Ahead Of June's High Isle

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited May 2022 in Videos Discussion
Post edited by StevenWeber on

Comments

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,986
    edited May 2022
    The video is short, only two and a half minutes, but to be fair I have seen MMOs release with videos of less length covering the entire lore of their MMO.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    It's actually a very good addition to the game if you just focus on zone stories, location, environments, etc.

The scale of the islands on the world map and when you're actually there are wonky as hell. I would guess that the playable area included in this smallish locale is actually on par with either Vvanderfell or Summerset despite their world map footprints that appear to be 5X the size.

The big "extra" with this chapter, the card game, is still a big WTF for me. Not only does it seem like a pretty random activity to add to the game, it is lacking integration with other game systems and feels more like "this other weird thing you can also do over there."

It's totally the opposite of Archaeology in that sense. Scrying and excavations are hooked in to the core game by the possibility of finding mythic gear items that serve a basic game powerful items when fighting mobs or other players. The card game has nothing like that to tie it into the core game.

At any rate, based on my light peek at it on the test server (deliberately avoiding quests and stories on the islands so as not to spoil it for myself) the main stories and quest loops of the new zone seem excellent even though the chapter as a whole is lackluster.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,172

Iselin said:

It's totally the opposite of Archaeology in that sense. Scrying and excavations are hooked in to the core game by the possibility of finding mythic gear items that serve a basic game powerful items when fighting mobs or other players. The card game has nothing like that to tie it into the core game.

At any rate, based on my light peek at it on the test server (deliberately avoiding quests and stories on the islands so as not to spoil it for myself) the main stories and quest loops of the new zone seem excellent even though the chapter as a whole is lackluster.

The card game does provide rewards related to other elements of the game. What hasn't been said as of yet is the full details on those rewards. Without that information there is no way to say how it stacks up to Archaeology and how much it will contribute to the game overall. We'll see, when full information is provided. Perhaps we can at least wait until then to judge it.
    Scot