Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lost Ark: April's Patch and Current State of the Game | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599

imageLost Ark: April's Patch and Current State of the Game | MMORPG.com

Developer Smilegate and publisher Amazon Game Studios launched the first major update patch for the action MMORPG Lost Ark NA version in April. Kevin has played through the new area of South Vern, tinkered with the Glaivier class, and looked at the new Super Express event. Read on about his thoughts on the current state of the game.   

Read the full story here

Comments

• KerethisKerethis Newbie CommonPosts: 4
    Roxx banned me because we criticized them in the forum. I am a person who believes that this should be carried on social media, and all of your statements are correct. The game has been designed with a focus on P2W. You can get rid of the persecutions by paying money or with 8 sub-characters.
    I don't really care, frankly. They cannot silence people with their actions. Boots, limited materials, West dead zone. We just watch what they say. Good watching to them from now on. Now a lot of things have become frustrating, I love this game, Not AGS.

If I was saying something wrong, he should have said it. We work for Bots. We do not give limited materials. We'll save West. They cannot write any of them. However, they silence it by banning it.
    Drius75maskedweasel
  • JakobmillerJakobmiller Member RarePosts: 674
    edited May 2022
    I've had an upswing again with this game and enjoying it. I am not a fan of several tiers of game pass, especially in combination with the subscription. If you are used to paying $15 as a monthly fee, you now might end up paying $50 per month just to get the stuff I feel should be received from one subscription option.

But money money money... It is what it is...
    KyleranNanfoodle
  • SaruomoSaruomo Member UncommonPosts: 140
    edited May 2022
    WoW is ten times worse. Makes it impossible for you to make gold so you pay a monthly sub and buy gold with real money. AND pay for expansions. LA is completely free now and forever including expansions.
    viron93
  • tremmortremmor Member UncommonPosts: 80
    edited May 2022
    LA is so boring... so many useless quests... those stupid tiers and finally pathetic honing... I spent over 60 hours just to get to tier 2 and lost interest
    defroststarRyukan
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Saruomo said:
    WoW is ten times worse. Makes it impossible for you to make gold so you pay a monthly sub and buy gold with real money. AND pay for expansions. LA is completely free now and forever including expansions.
    If people are playing Lost Ark completely for free they are doing it wrong, IMO anyways unless they are under house arrest or something.

Sure, one doesn't have to pay, but I value my free time too much to totally waste it.

Not sure I'm willing to go $50 a month though, I'm paying for the aura ATM, on top of my initial Plat pre-order.

I suppose I can waste a bit of time, nothing at the end worth going full whale to rush to except for...

[Deleted User]

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    tremmor said:
    LA is so boring... so many useless quests... those stupid tiers and finally pathetic honing... I spent over 60 hours just to get to tier 2 and lost interest
    The only thing I truly loath in LA is their cryptic currency and conversion systems, almost as bad as trying to understand P2E money making schemes.

Almost. 

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610

I've had an upswing again with this game and enjoying it. I am not a fan of several tiers of game pass, especially in combination with the subscription. If you are used to paying $15 as a monthly fee, you now might end up paying $50 per month just to get the stuff I feel should be received from one subscription option.

Have to say, I was looking forward to this one but with everyone playing say so much of the same thing. I dont think I will put any time trying it, even if its free to try. Im getting old and my time is more and more precious.
  • DAOWAceDAOWAce Member UncommonPosts: 432
    edited May 2022
    my free time for the day has now become work.

This has been modern gaming over the last 5-7 years.

For people like me who have no other option to do things in life (disability), our only form of entertainment has become the opposite.

Until governments actually start getting involved and regulating things like this (lootbox/gacha, heavy chance based activity (ie; honing), excessive monetization, etc.), things will only continue to get worse, as they have been. I'm not sure they ever will.
    [Deleted User]NanfoodleKyleran
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610
    edited May 2022
    DAOWAce said:
    my free time for the day has now become work.

This has been modern gaming over the last 5-7 years.

For people like me who have no other option to do things in life (disability), our only form of entertainment has become the opposite.

Until governments actually start getting involved and regulating things like this (lootbox/gacha, heavy chance based activity (ie; honing), excessive monetization, etc.), things will only continue to get worse, as they have been. I'm not sure they ever will.
    When a game is no longer fun, I dont play it. If I find the grind is not enjoyable, I walk away. I find allot of Asian games, the grind is a plague, no thought to making the grind fun. Maybe thats just me? This game seems the grind is there to get you to pay more. Thats not acceptable.  

Nanfoodle said:

Have to say, I was looking forward to this one but with everyone playing say so much of the same thing. I dont think I will put any time trying it, even if its free to try. Im getting old and my time is more and more precious.

Unless they provide free repairing in dungeons/raids for all players, I would not recommend the game, unless you are willing to pay the monthly sub.

With that said, if you are good at farming currency, you can within a week pay for a monthly subscription and get the benefits that way. Thinking about it, I should probably start prioritising this myself :)

Sadly, this is where botters are extremely beneficial and punishing for fair players. They inflate the market with collectables and erase the competition.
    NanfoodleKyleran
  • WordsworthWordsworth Member UncommonPosts: 164
    I finally stopped playing.

It just gets more time-consuming the deeper you get into it.

Then, the obscene number of bots devalues all that time I spent.

The worst part is that the social aspect is practically non-existent. Then again, that's a problem with most MMORPGs now.

ScotKyleran

I finally stopped playing.

It just gets more time-consuming the deeper you get into it.

Then, the obscene number of bots devalues all that time I spent.

The worst part is that the social aspect is practically non-existent. Then again, that's a problem with most MMORPGs now.

This is the first time in about 10 years that I socially play an MMORPG. I am running the guild and "enforcing" discord, so there are usually people hanging out in there in the evenings and we have started doing raids together during the weekends.