Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

how many people do u now that play EVE online

elitestriderelitestrider Member Posts: 180

how many people do u now that play EVE online

Comments

• DinionDinion Member Posts: 879

What do you mean? People I know personally in RL? None. (other than myself)

----------------------------------
    MMOs Retired From: Earth and Beyond, Project Entropia, There, A Tale in the Desert, Star Wars Galaxies, World of Warcraft, Eve Online, City of Heroes/Villains.

MMOs Currently (worth) Playing: None.

MMO hopefuls: Age of Conan.

• pittbull1pittbull1 Member Posts: 108

I know at least 3 ppl from rl that play this::::40::

If pitbulls could lock their jaw the first pitbull would still be hanging on

• scaramooshscaramoosh Member Posts: 3,424

3 RL people

Although 2 left and went to WOW.

---------------------------------------------
    Don't click here...no2

• ElnatorElnator Member Posts: 6,077

None
    Well.. ok... 1
    Me
    That's it

In game I know a ton of people who play though :)

Currently Playing: Dungeons and Dragons Online.
    Sig image Pending
    Still in: A couple Betas

• elitestriderelitestrider Member Posts: 180

i meen in real life

• pyrofreakpyrofreak Member UncommonPosts: 1,481

Why did you post this in every forum?

Now with 57.3% more flames!

no jsut the games im intrested in

• ireulireul Member Posts: 2
    30, fanspots

ireul
    eve online

• ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

Myself and my boss. I know what a sci-fi roleplay nut he is and continually waved the bait in front of him for weeks til he finally snapped. So now we do missions at lunch. ::::20::

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

• frankyz669frankyz669 Member Posts: 50

In my area I have family that numbers over 50 people.

I have friends from all walks of life.  Peeps that I hang and bang with at bars/clubs, shows, movies, dinner parties, bbq's, holiday get togethers, etc.

And out of ALL those people I only know of 3 people that play online games - and NONE of them play EVE.  2 of them play WoW (one has quit as of this post), 1 of them plays EQ (the first one)...

And that is why I am amazed that there is such a massive glut of games on the market.  Most of the people I run into don't play (or maybe won't admit) video games.  Many of them tell me that played Atari as a kid.  So how are these games making $$$$? image

Where are all the peeps?  I want to find more people that play these games I love.  A major caveat of course is that I have to like them.  That always poses a problem.  image

For the record I played DAoC (will probably go back soon) and currently am involved w/ EVE.

"I have live my life by these nine simple words: It sounded like a good idea at the time."
    --Livingston Taylor

• ElnatorElnator Member Posts: 6,077

Make that 2
    Me and now a friend of mine is trying it.

Currently Playing: Dungeons and Dragons Online.
    Sig image Pending
    Still in: A couple Betas

Originally posted by Fadeus
    Myself and my boss. I know what a sci-fi roleplay nut he is and continually waved the bait in front of him for weeks til he finally snapped. So now we do missions at lunch. ::::20::

its good to play with ur boss ... is there a difference in ur pay cheak ? lol

• hicks26hicks26 Member Posts: 142

15 people from Real Life I know play this game, 12 of those me and my mate got into playing EVE. The other 3 we met in game and became good friends, constantly talking on Teamspeak and generally bugging each other with good natured banter ^_^

HQ - Aedald VIII - Moon 5 - Republic Military School
    Office - Lustrevik III - Moon 2 - Quafe Company
    Warehouse

• solesole Member Posts: 78

hm 40 -100 people irl I know of play eve online.

my staff play EvE Online.

We mine during work hours.

• KnightblastKnightblast Member UncommonPosts: 1,787

I know probably about 20 people or so that play, but this is because I have met in real life the people I play with in the game, so it's no longer divided that way for me any longer.

• AgamaAgama Member Posts: 9

EVE is great as it appeals to so many people that MMO's normally wouldn't.

I have managed to recruit 12 friends into playing EVE and they all love it and inturn recruited some more of their friends. :)

Compared to some other MMO's I have played....
    I love City Of Heroes but alas only 4 friends play it.
    I also tried WoW because 3 of my friends played it....but after a month I grew a little bored of it (mind you this is after playing EVE for about 4 mths). Don't get me wrong WoW is really pretty and all....but wasn't my cup of tea.

• zendadaistzendadaist Member UncommonPosts: 22

*runs out of fingers to count on* ::::39::

About... 25 although some of them are not currently playing for one reaosn or another. Many of them were my fault for I seem to have the effect of recruiting people. Might having something to do with showing them the game in action and most going googly over the ships...

::::08::

• ErectuZErectuZ Member Posts: 2

I know one other person in rl that plays eve. Although he is slowly leaning over to WoW ::::21::

• Enslaver2k3Enslaver2k3 Member Posts: 8

I know 4 people in RL that play EVE, but... Working on it ;)

• SajuukaSajuuka Member Posts: 3

Nobody i know. Just recruiting one of my friends and soon he will play ;)

• Spe6meNSpe6meN Member Posts: 3

I know 13 peoples in RL that play eve :)

• KapacsKapacs Lord of the Rings Online CorrespondentMember Posts: 17

I am proud to say i know about 15 people in RL that know to play eve well. Here were in quite close knit groups which gather and play together most of the times. It actually is more beneficial for you if you play along others in RL, aids you a lot in the game and gets a load off of trouble. image

Even as a cat, one must be a cat with dreams.

• pirrgpirrg Member Posts: 1,443

Originally posted by ErectuZ
    I know one other person in rl that plays eve. Although he is slowly leaning over to WoW ::::21::

Let him go, hell be back within a month. I know i was. I tried to get two of my mates to play it but both lost interest during or before the tutorial ::::07::

• t0r0t0r0 Member Posts: 11

Originally posted by frankyz669

...I am amazed that there is such a massive glut of games on the market.  Most of the people I run into don't play (or maybe won't admit) video games.  Many of them tell me that played Atari as a kid.  So how are these games making $$$$? image
    Where are all the peeps?  I want to find more people that play these games I love... 

You hit the nail on the head when you said "maybe won't admit". I think most people are afraid of bad things other people are going to say or think about them if they reveal too much about playing games online. It seems like it comes down to what the general public finds acceptable- consoles are ok, but computers are the other end of a double standard.