Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SOLO's The Firestone Legacy Update Is Now Live, Brings New Classes, Free-To-Play And More | MMORPG.c

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited March 2022 in Videos Discussion

imageSOLO's The Firestone Legacy Update Is Now Live, Brings New Classes, Free-To-Play And More | MMORPG.com

The long-awaited update to Swords of Legends Online, The Firestone Legacy, is now live today. With the update, the MMORPG shifts to free-to-play, brings new zones, and more to players eager to explore the eastern MMO.

Read the full story here

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,515
    This game has a bigger player base than New Shit World
    Dekahn

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• PetitSoldatPetitSoldat Member UncommonPosts: 133
    This game is undeniably good. With a large playerbase (now thanks to F2P) and keeping off P2W, there is a real chance to stay healthy for several years to come. I'm optimistic!
    JakobenBuschkatzeVidahr
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    This game does not give you a choice if you don't want to engage in PvP so I cannot check it out.
    JakobenBuschkatzecheyane

• ashiru_1978ashiru_1978 Member RarePosts: 818

kitarad said:

This game does not give you a choice if you don't want to engage in PvP so I cannot check it out.

Sucks for you for limiting yourself like that. People are saying that PvP was never popular and some played for 100s of hours without ever encountering PvP. Also I hear there is a system that greatly discourages PKing. I'm gonna play it for a bit and see if I like it, but the PvP part doesn't scare me at all even though I hate forced PvP. The game so far seems decent enough that I might consider adapting to its crap factor, unlike Bless Unleashed, which had UI and controls so bad that nothing justified playing it.

kitarad said:

Sucks for you for limiting yourself like that. People are saying that PvP was never popular and some played for 100s of hours without ever encountering PvP. Also I hear there is a system that greatly discourages PKing. I'm gonna play it for a bit and see if I like it, but the PvP part doesn't scare me at all even though I hate forced PvP. The game so far seems decent enough that I might consider adapting to its crap factor, unlike Bless Unleashed, which had UI and controls so bad that nothing justified playing it.
    100's hours without encountering PvP sounds promising.

• RienniRienni Member UncommonPosts: 36
    About 6 months ago, Bless Unleashed went FTP and I had fun with it for about 6 weeks. I am going to give this a try too.
    Sovrath
  • ashiru_1978ashiru_1978 Member RarePosts: 818

Mensur said:

This game has a bigger player base than New Shit World

As of right now, Sword of Legends only has 15% the population of New Shit World. :(

It's entirely possible for New World to drop to 2000 players too. Amazon are making sure at least that the downhill trend continues.
  • VidahrVidahr Member UncommonPosts: 115
    I was suspicious to buy this game, but I've been playing rigorously since f2p dropped and I'm actually having a lot of fun.

Cash shop is still only cosmetics, which is a great thing to see.

World feels alive with a lot of players checking out f2p. Raids are choreographed heavily like FFXIV. Combat is a hybrid system very similar to GW2.

So far, so good.

I mean it's F2P so it's always worth the look IMO.
  • VidahrVidahr Member UncommonPosts: 115

kitarad said:

kitarad said:

You can turn it off.. Just press K in-game and change faction mode to off. No more PvP.
    Vidahr said:

kitarad said:

kitarad said:

You can turn it off.. Just press K in-game and change faction mode to off. No more PvP.
    Seriously oh wow great thanks.