Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EVE Online Talks Upcoming Mining Addition To New Player Experience In Latest Pulse Video | MMORPG.co

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited March 2022 in Videos Discussion

imageEVE Online Talks Upcoming Mining Addition To New Player Experience In Latest Pulse Video | MMORPG.com

EVE Online's latest Pulse, CCP Games takes a look at the upcoming changes being brought to the New Player Experience, specifically the new mining tutorial.

Read the full story here

Comments

• KroxMalonKroxMalon Member UncommonPosts: 608
    More of a job than a game. Fun tho.
  • JakobmillerJakobmiller Member RarePosts: 674
    I mean, a job game is not necessarily a bad thing. Just look at the sim market. There are about 7x the amount playing Euro Truck Sim 2 than EVE Online on Steam and if that is not work than I don't know what is.
    Kyleran
  • DEXA88DEXA88 Member UncommonPosts: 175
    They wont stop till Jita is Beijing and game plumits like china under comunism !
  • AlverantAlverant Member RarePosts: 1,320
    Given how long EVE has been around and the PvP nature of the game, I'm just not sure how a new player can integrate into it without getting pwned or griefed to oblivion. I respect EVE for all it's done, but it's not my type of game.
  • MadBomber13MadBomber13 Member UncommonPosts: 116
    Alverant said:
    Given how long EVE has been around and the PvP nature of the game, I'm just not sure how a new player can integrate into it without getting pwned or griefed to oblivion. I respect EVE for all it's done, but it's not my type of game.
    I think that's the bigger issue and how most "average" gamers feel. By average I mean your every day Joe MMO enthusiasts that has job, family and other real world commitments and has a few hours of week of gaming time available. EvE just feel to daunting an obstacle to get a started with. I really would like to see data on new player retention rates.

I did enjoy my time with it back in the day but I just can't muster the energy or enthusiasm to get back in the game. 
    KyleranAlverant
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Alverant said:
    I think that's the bigger issue and how most "average" gamers feel. By average I mean your every day Joe MMO enthusiasts that has job, family and other real world commitments and has a few hours of week of gaming time available. EvE just feel to daunting an obstacle to get a started with. I really would like to see data on new player retention rates.

I did enjoy my time with it back in the day but I just can't muster the energy or enthusiasm to get back in the game. 
    I definitely feel like this, played for 10 yrs, quit over 5 yrs ago.  I think it was the need to be situationally aware on a constant basis along with the "work" necessary to achieve my target goals which finally wore me out.

Besides, too hard to watch Netflix and game in EVE....

;)
    [Deleted User]Alverant

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon