Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New World Team Invites You to the Great February Bug Hunt, Issues Compensation for Lost Housing Taxe

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited February 2022 in News & Features Discussion

imageNew World Team Invites You to the Great February Bug Hunt, Issues Compensation for Lost Housing Taxes | MMORPG.com

The New World team is enlisting the community's help in identifying additional bugs to fix in the game. They've also compensated for housing tax losses due to a bug early this month.

Read the full story here

Comments

• hivemind9000hivemind9000 Member UncommonPosts: 7
    I'd prefer a hunt for more endgame content
    Scot[Deleted User]
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Insult Gesture Finger Middle Hand Sign Symbol
    Mensurkitarad[Deleted User]
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    I really feel this should read:

"AGS graciously offers you the opportunity to do pro bono quality assurance work on our product, NW.  We will grudgingly acknowledge your efforts with a free shout out on our forums (we do have unpaid interns to do that kind of thing, right?), in lieu of providing our product in an 'as is' state.  We sincerely appreciate your money, and intend to use your suggestions and comments to fix this mess to further our goals of divesting as many others as possible from their money, too."

TwistedSister77kitarad

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551
    It would be nice if they would add more PvE content. Sheesh.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• jtckline3jtckline3 Member UncommonPosts: 60
    edited March 2022
    Maybe if it was a better game, but this s*** game still got the shameless galls to tell people do their dirty work
    TwistedSister77
  • BrainyBrainy Member EpicPosts: 2,038
    People can hunt and find bugs all day long, it doesn't really help unless Amazon is willing to actually fix them.  Even when they try to fix the bugs they create more bugs doing it.  They really need some competent QA.  I am sure there are lists and lists of bugs already reported that are just sitting waiting to be fixed.
  • TwistedSister77TwistedSister77 Member EpicPosts: 1,144
    edited March 2022
    Like the dupe bugs found in beta by lagging... and then denied it was in launch... 

Yeah, we have the dev responded threads on those whoppers.  ?

Or ignoring PTR (test server feedback)... when many called out exploits and gamebreaking bugs... 
    Brainy
  • slowz2secretslowz2secret Member RarePosts: 407
    I was thinking this was a joke lol
  • MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,515
    What a shit show of a studio and game..
    [Deleted User]

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    The article's title is just sooo New World. 
    [Deleted User]Mensur
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726
    A better title is "HELP, WE HAVE NO CLUE WHAT WE'RE DOING!" How can one of the most powerful corporations in the world that controls more than half the internet struggle so hard to make a video game?
    Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
  • olepiolepi Member EpicPosts: 2,829
    It sounds like New World has finally entered beta test.
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]

------------
    2024: 47 years on the Net.

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459
    Maybe... Possibly... Perhaps... they should have listened to us a LOT earlier ?
    [Deleted User]
    Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    edited March 2022
    [mod edit]

If your map doesn't look this you are doing something wrong 

My server is great .. 

Best game in 10 years ..

Etc etc etc ..   lol
    Post edited by Vaross on
  • DattelisDattelis Member RarePosts: 1,458
    edited March 2022
    Test server....what happened to it? Or has the live game been the true test server all along? I'm sorry but this is just unprofessional. I do like that they've been trying to do something about the problems even though it does feel like they are just playing wack-a-mole, but given how much money they have, there needs to be a standard set. Right now this just feels like a tactic that indie devs would use, which is fine for them, but not a billion dollar company.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754

I remember them saying when they released the game that it was really stil la couple years away from being ready....Problem is in 2 years how many will stil lbe around?
    [Deleted User]
  • JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679
    Ah, all this negativity......What this game needs is a manufactured Superfans video to talk about all the different character creation options.
    Never mind game play, that's just a minor distraction.

[Deleted User]