Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New World Provides Detailed List of Fixes for February Update | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited February 2022 in News & Features Discussion

imageNew World Provides Detailed List of Fixes for February Update | MMORPG.com

Are you wondering when Amazon Game Studios (AGS) will get around to fixing some of those New World bugs you've been experiencing? You may just be in luck, as AGS has been hard at work squashing bugs in the February update, which intends to fix over 100 issues. Is your most annoying bug on the list?

Read the full story here

Comments

• VidahrVidahr Member UncommonPosts: 115
    The list of bug fixes is impressive, but it still does nothing to keep people playing. The endgame loop is still boring and uninspired.
    achesomaKrisConway[Deleted User]SamhaelJeroKane
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Sometimes we need fantasy to survive reality 
    https://biturl.top/rU7bY3
    Beyond the shadows there's always light
  • achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726
    My hot take.

1. Get rid of Azoth. It's such a completely boring and arbitrary barrier to content. About 3/4 of the game is running to content.

2. Get rid of tuning orbs. Another completely useless and arbitrary barrier to content.

3. Add a group finder. It's ridiculous that a modern mmo doesn't have a match making system in a group oriented game. It's almost like they don't want people running their dungeons.

TokkenOldKingLog[Deleted User][Deleted User]Samhael
    Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
  • OldKingLogOldKingLog Member RarePosts: 564
    Deathkon1 said:
    Does the list of fixes include the list of bugs the fixes will make?

FEATURES man, FEATURES!!!
    [Deleted User]
  • OldKingLogOldKingLog Member RarePosts: 564
    achesoma said:
    My hot take.

1. Get rid of Azoth. It's such a completely boring and arbitrary barrier to content. About 3/4 of the game is running to content.

2. Get rid of tuning orbs. Another completely useless and arbitrary barrier to content.

3. Add a group finder. It's ridiculous that a modern mmo doesn't have a match making system in a group oriented game. It's almost like they don't want people running their dungeons.

I would personally liken these NW features to sexual intercourse without the ability to reach orgasm. Its just a hectic fiddly grindy mess with no big payoff for the effort provided.

I'm not sure what kind of gamer they had in mind when they created these in game speed bumps, but I'm guessing they envisioned the kind of masochistic whack job that likes to scourge themselves with a belt, to repent from finding any bit of joy in life. "Thank you sir! May I have another!!??"

What's going to be the next "game" from this brain trust? Stuck in Rush Hour Traffic Simulator? Get your shit together Amazon. Somewhere in that unholy mess is a good game crying out to be free but you've managed to hamstring it all to hell with stupid in game fun roadblocks. Your supposed to be a game studio, not the Fun Police.
    achesoma[Deleted User]
  • jtckline3jtckline3 Member UncommonPosts: 60
    I don't see anything about fixing invuln or duping or other exploits. Guess they don't wanna talk about that stuff anymore.

Theres no point anymore, its already too saturated with dupes, past the point of no return. If they clamp down hard, they will lose the players who cheated and are still playing.

Its either fresh start servers or let time decide the fate of the game.
  • achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726

I don't see anything about fixing invuln or duping or other exploits. Guess they don't wanna talk about that stuff anymore.

Don't have to worry about exploits if no one is playing your game.
    [Deleted User]Kylerankitarad[Deleted User]
    Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    achesoma said:

Don't have to worry about exploits if no one is playing your game.
    When this game was released I never thought that these types of jokes would be made about it. Oh how far they have fallen.

• ItsThatGuyItsThatGuy Member UncommonPosts: 29
    [Deleted User]
  • JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679
    edited March 2022
    March update - fixing the fixes of past fixes whilst road mapping future fixes. - *Disclaimer: Accuracy of bug fixing is directly proportional to our Rings of Power series reflecting the original JRR Tolkien lore.
    [Deleted User]TwistedSister77
  • MadBomber13MadBomber13 Member UncommonPosts: 116
    I would add, "Fix game not being fun" to the list but that's just on man's opinion...