Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lost Ark Server Info, Pre-Download, Head Start and Launch Details Revealed | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited January 2022 in News & Features Discussion

imageLost Ark Server Info, Pre-Download, Head Start and Launch Details Revealed | MMORPG.com

Prepare to start your journey in Lost Ark, as Amazon reveals server details, pre-download, and Head Start info leading to launch.

Read the full story here

metalslugx3

Comments

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    Well… what’s the word on this one?

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    Kadan sounds very good and me and my friends will play there.

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• oriya9oriya9 Member UncommonPosts: 65
    edited February 2022
    Gonna be too busy playing PoE.
    Too bad, I really wanted to give this one a shot.
    Well, the game's not going anywhere I guess. I will probably check it out after like 2 months into PoE's new league.
  • OldKingLogOldKingLog Member RarePosts: 564

Just seems like another bog standard Asian grinder to me, only with isometric view this time. If you've enjoyed such games in the past it might be your cup of tea, but for me I'm giving it a pass.

Just seems like another bog standard Asian grinder to me, only with isometric view this time. If you've enjoyed such games in the past it might be your cup of tea, but for me I'm giving it a pass.
    Not usually into Asian converted games but I do like ARPGs...

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,405
    edited February 2022
    Going to give it a try but only keep playing it if I can get it working well via controller. Tried it in beta with kb n mouse and hated it, not a fan of right or left click to move. https://thegamescabin.com/lost-ark-controller-support-guide/

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• GatsuZerkGatsuZerk Member UncommonPosts: 137
    Just another P2W F2P Korean MMO. Don't know why people get so hyped over such non-sense these days.
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,405
    GatsuZerk said:
    Just another P2W F2P Korean MMO. Don't know why people get so hyped over such non-sense these days.

People like to try news things, it not really that all of us are  all hyped up.  Trying new things can be fun and exciting.

This is the way.
    KrisConwayKyleranmeerclar[Deleted User]LeiHngWeionemorecupcakecheyaneWaanSovrathbamwallaand 1 other.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626
    Steam reviews from Beta are surprisingly very positive. I'll at least check it out.
  • DoctorhooDoctorhoo Member UncommonPosts: 235
    It will be FTP Feb 11, 12 noon EST.
    Its 2nd most active online game after LOL in Korea from my understanding
    eoloeKyleran
  • DattelisDattelis Member RarePosts: 1,456
    "If a dungeon is supposed to open at 7 p.m. server time UTC, it will open up seven hours later for US West to make it happen at a time when the most players are likely to be active."

If I'm understanding this correctly, certain events are time-locked and not active all day when you gain access to them?
  • KratierKratier Member RarePosts: 626
    only thing that can go wrong will be whatever amazon fucks up, I'm sure first 3 days early access will be nothing but login screen and queues. And then even more of that after full release.

cant even be bothered to argue with the stupid shit being said here any more, "bog standard" right dude.
    Asm0deusKrisConway
  • wytchen1wytchen1 Member UncommonPosts: 4

Its not an ARPG
    wytchen1 said:

Its not an ARPG
    My understanding is its a hybrid ARPG/MMORPG
    ConstantineMerusbamwalla

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    wytchen1 said:

Its not an ARPG
    Yeah, it really is...from their web site

WHAT KIND OF GAME IS LOST ARK?

Lost Ark is a free-to-play MMO ARPG in the fictional world of Arkesia.

Don't get lost in the MMO part, most of the content is done solo or in very small groups.

200 person raids this ain't.

ConstantineMerus

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Lost Ark is an MMOARPG, with elaborate crafting and raiding. Combat is fast paced and classes are really fun. It doesn't require that much of a grind, it is sort of like the old WoW, with a rather challenging end game.

My only critic of the game is that zones are just corridors, it is like Diablo 1 a bit in that regard.

Dungeons are very well designed and boss fights are very smart. 

A lot of my mates love it for its PvP but for me it is one of the best PvE games. 
    Kyleransschrupp[Deleted User]
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685
    edited February 2022
    It's more ARPG than MMO, really.  There's no auto battle junk either and a lot of the battling really does require reflexes and action.  ...possibly too much, maybe (but not as harsh as Wildstar raiding at least, I imagine)
    Kyleran
  • swarmdieswarmdie Member UncommonPosts: 67
    I'll wait until I can both move and attack from same mouse key like every other ARPG in existence.
    KyleranDarkpigeon
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Still not available in the Netherlands.

• k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,503
    This game has been around for a while. People are acting like this is a new game and they don't understand why people are so excited. The game has a good following already and many are excited that it is finally coming to the west. They can play without using VPN's and fan translations.
    bamwalla
  • k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,503

It's more ARPG than MMO, really.  There's no auto battle junk either and a lot of the battling really does require reflexes and action.  ...possibly too much, maybe (but not as harsh as Wildstar raiding at least, I imagine)

I got jumped on for saying that in another forum. The MMO crowd didn't like that I said it was more ARPG even though I had been playing for a while now.
  • BC_AnimusBC_Animus Member UncommonPosts: 115
    No idea why folks are so hyped for this one. Zero interest on my end. It's gonna be popular though, early on at least, since I'm sure there will be Twitch drops available.
  • TwistedSister77TwistedSister77 Member EpicPosts: 1,144
    edited February 2022
    Best PVE games are co-op or solo... within an (gasp) amazing writing.  

The others can be good, just not impactful as a dedicated game.

For every MMO PvE game, I can give 5x in return that are far better and you'll remember.

That said, for fans of this game... enjoy B)
    Darkpigeon
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited February 2022
    Lost Ark is NOT an ARPG in the sense you understand it, because when you think of it you'll think Diablo-like, or PoE-like, and in that sense it's not on the same lines, it shares the top down view but the game mechanics and so forth embed much more the traditional MMO mechanics.

That's the main thing about the ARPG discussion, it's because people perceive its gameplay is going to be like Diablos and PoEs and is far from that.

Beyond that is an impressive game, strong PvE content, strong PvP content, even stronger endgame content, good gameplay (yes you grind it baffles me one raises that argument about an MMO it's kinda the point lol). This game is mostly attacked due to the fact the developers are Asian, the 101 stereotypes, as it overcomes the usual "Asian MMO bad" wall like FFXIV did, people will move focus into having fun playing it ;)

Smilegate as a developer would teach lessons to most western MMO devs on how to actually listen to their community, dev process engaged with that playerbase, and make an MMO multiply its numbers years after launch. It's almost always the opposite scenario.
    armageddonx911cheyaneKyleran[Deleted User]
  • MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,512
    Ill pass for now. I am enjoying Broken Ranks to much atm :-)
    strawhat0981

mmorpg junkie since 1999