Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World Of Warcraft Is Adding Cross-Faction Instances, Bringing Alliance And Horde Players Together |

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited January 2022 in News & Features Discussion

imageWorld Of Warcraft Is Adding Cross-Faction Instances, Bringing Alliance And Horde Players Together | MMORPG.com

One of the defining characteristics of World of Warcraft has been its faction divide. Horde and Alliance players separate, competing against each other for the most part throughout the life of the MMO. However, in a new blog post, Blizzard is starting to do away with that, bringing cross-faction instances to the MMORPG.

Read the full story here

Comments

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    That's fucking Horrible , I'll never play it again ..
    znushuDekahnSaruomoMallyx
  • StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779

Scorchien said:

Zenislav said:

This new team without Blizzard veterans has destroyed everything that made WoW kinda unique and fun. Shadowlands so far was worst expansion that happend to WoW.

Cant wait to see how they will top it with next one.

It's needed! This will fix the balance issues with Horde classes being the dominate races over Alliance. Not enough Alliance players to fill rosters and PVP queue times.
    MallyxSensai
    MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459

Scorchien said:

Zenislav said:

This new team without Blizzard veterans has destroyed everything that made WoW kinda unique and fun. Shadowlands so far was worst expansion that happend to WoW.

It's needed! This will fix the balance issues with Horde classes being the dominate races over Alliance. Not enough Alliance players to fill rosters and PVP queue times.

Fuck me. I agree with Scorch. The world is coming down.
    ScorchienDekahnScotUngood
    Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914

Scorchien said:

Zenislav said:

Fuck me. I agree with Scorch. The world is coming down.

Woah .. the End is near:)
    ScotTheodwulf
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120

Scorchien said:

Zenislav said:

While understandable, this is Blizzard fault. I mean, it wasn't needed for the last ..18 years, yet suddenly, after 2 major fail X-Pacs and other internal problems, its needed.

This feature will ruin WoW for many, me included. People are already asking for "Guild Shared Factions" which is even worst.

I guess .. WoW indeed ended with Lich King and that's the expansion i will play or BC or even Classic.. since 10.0 is made by the same guys who made BfA and Shadowlands, so chances for it to be good is .. 1 in 10.

Oh well, I hope things will change in the future, under Microsoft.
    znushu

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

edited February 2022
    IceAge said:

Scorchien said:

Zenislav said:

While understandable, this is Blizzard fault. I mean, it wasn't needed for the last ..18 years, yet suddenly, after 2 major fail X-Pacs and other internal problems, its needed.

This feature will ruin WoW for many, me included. People are already asking for "Guild Shared Factions" which is even worst.

I guess .. WoW indeed ended with Lich King and that's the expansion i will play or BC or even Classic.. since 10.0 is made by the same guys who made BfA and Shadowlands, so chances for it to be good is .. 1 in 10.

Oh well, I hope things will change in the future, under Microsoft.

To be honest, I made the decision to never give a cent for WoW again way before this annoucment. When they turned World of Warcraft into World of Wokecraft, by removing a lot of jokes, fun stuff and other "sexed" content that the "woke" culture disagreed with.

I would usually tend to agree and enjoy such a feature. But here, it's just the follow up of the fatal downgrade of what once was the best game of the genre.
    Post edited by The_Korrigan on
    DarkpigeonMallyxWalkinGlennUngood
    Respect, walk
    Yes, they are back !

• DattelisDattelis Member RarePosts: 1,458

Scorchien said:

Zenislav said:

You could already queue as a mercenary, for bgs at least, since around Legion I believe. You have to do it in the place underground in new dalaran though I think.
    Apridise
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    It sacrifices lore and faction pride for the sake of QOL gaminess with faster queues. ESO did this for PUG dungeons years ago, long before "One Tamriel" and it did improve dungeon queues tremendously. It sounds like it's also an optional toggle. /shrug.

The_KorriganScorchien
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

edited January 2022
    Iselin said:
    It sacrifices lore and faction pride for the sake of QOL gaminess with faster queues. ESO did this for PUG dungeons years ago, long before "One Tamriel" and it did improve dungeon queues tremendously. It sounds like it's also an optional toggle. /shrug.

Would it have been done 10 years ago I would agree.
    My problem is that it's just half assed. Many races (for instance Tauren) have a ton of reasons now to stay away from the Horde.
    Hell... even Thrall himself has a ton of reasons to stay away from the horde.
    Ungood
    Respect, walk
    Yes, they are back !

• znushuznushu Member UncommonPosts: 18
    this just makes me glad I don't play WoW.
    SaruomoBrotherMaynardMallyxTheodwulf
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    I'll stay with classic then.
    The_Korrigan[Deleted User]IceAgeMallyxScot
    Chamber of Chains

cheyane said:

What do you think Classic will develop into?
    [Deleted User]Scot
  • emperorhades1emperorhades1 Member UncommonPosts: 310
    Um, the faction divide is more than just playing on a different side. These players have two totally different mentalities. Its like dating the cat lady when you have 3 dogs.

Um, the faction divide is more than just playing on a different side. These players have two totally different mentalities. Its like dating the cat lady when you have 3 dogs.

That makes no sense! You can date a cat lady while having 3 dogs.
    [Deleted User]Apridise
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    edited January 2022

cheyane said:

What do you think Classic will develop into?
    The classic servers however will remain the same though for now and they may stop at Wrath like most predict.

Season of Mastery is not doing that well at all. So I doubt they are going to go beyond Wrath. So things may stay like they are now.

Chamber of Chains
  • oriya9oriya9 Member UncommonPosts: 65
    edited February 2022
    Things are going that bad for them, eh?
    Theodwulf
  • SaruomoSaruomo Member UncommonPosts: 140
    edited February 2022
    You can ONLY do it in the form of premade groups. Think of it, what kind of premade activities are there? Usually the harder content so m+, rated PvP and raiding. So all automated queues like LFR raids and heroic dungeons and normal PvP won’t support cross faction play.
  • emperorhades1emperorhades1 Member UncommonPosts: 310

That makes no sense! You can date a cat lady while having 3 dogs.

Your not getting my number.
  • OldKingLogOldKingLog Member RarePosts: 567
    Oh no no no disaster!!! ... Er wait, I don't play Wow, haven't for a few years, and have absolutely no desire to ever return. This news has no effect on me what so ever. WTF did I even come in here? ... sorry folks, senior moment. Catch you all in threads about games I still give a single crap about.
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

Scorchien said:

Zenislav said:

horde classes being the dominant races?

a) classes are no races
    b) did you watch the mythic shit? everyone was running elves bc... they are sooo weak. right.

lemme guess, you are alliance?
    etlar

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• fineflufffinefluff Member RarePosts: 561
    Good change, and good that they made it opt-in only. Anyone that only wants to play with Alliance or Horde can still do so. It solves the big problem of massive faction imbalance for end game. Hopefully a sign of better things to come. Maybe wow will be worth playing again one day.
    ApridiseMallyx
  • fearufearu Member UncommonPosts: 288
    edited February 2022
    Great change! Shoulda gone further and made it part of the RDF too as well as has cross faction guilds. Hell, they should let you join multiple guilds too.

Mallyx
  • ApridiseApridise Member UncommonPosts: 72

fearu said:

Great change! Shoulda gone further and made it part of the RDF too as well as has cross faction guilds. Hell, they should let you join multiple guilds too.

They should definitely let us join more than one guild, it's one of the features I've like about ESO, some guilds just die after a point and it's nice when you have another one still to play with.
    achesoma
  • achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726
    People that no longer play WoW will be really upset by this decision.
    cheyane
    Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    Do housing next.
    etlar