Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Elder Scrolls Online Reveals High Isle Chapter, Coming This June | MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    YashaX said:

CirroseBR said:

Best MMORPG right now.

The PvP is an absolute joke in the game - where a level 1 player can end up in PvP against some 40 year old fat sweaty basement dweller no-lifer who plays the game more than he sleeps and the level 1 simply gets 1-shot.

You have to be level 10 to enter Cyrodiil or do bgs.  
    I doubt he has ever set foot in Cyrodiil. Sounds like the stereotypical PvP hater.
    YashaX[Deleted User]
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    ESO for me is like old blue jeans, full of holes and patches but I wore them so long that they're a perfect and comfy fit.

I saw that their last chapter with the companion system was on sale very cheap so yesterday I decided to pull the trigger and went back to it for the first time (other than a couple of days a few months back) since the Skyrim chapter.

Decided to roll a new magicka necro to get reacquainted with the game, figured out where I had to go to get a companion (Mirri the Dark Elf Nightblade) and am having fun just leveling through the original story line in Auridon (it also like an old pair of jeans.)

No idea how long I'll last this time but I'm enjoying myself for now.

I've already run a few dungeons as my usual magicka healer/DPS hybrid. Queuing as healer is an instant PUG dungeon pop - much faster than I've ever seen it, TBH. Maybe they finally got the group finder working properly? :)

SovrathYashaX[Deleted User]
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• McSleazMcSleaz Member RarePosts: 280

Nastimus said:

Love the setting but it just sounded underwhelming honestly. Probably going to skip it until it goes on sale.

I've learned patience in my middle agedness, I always wait for the sale, No more hype for me :)
  • QuarterStackQuarterStack Member RarePosts: 546
    edited February 2022

It is a pain, and currently the biggest issue with the game in my perspective. That's why I would like an option added during creation to have the content presented to that character in and orderly and cohesive manner. That would allow the player to choose between that story led focus and the freedom to approach content as desired. I feel that would be a helpful and well received addition to the game.

Yeah, an option to progress through the content in chronological "release order" would be great, so it's a no-brainer. I've spoken to a number of folks, streamers, etc who would *love* that. The whole "all stories at once" thing is a barrier to them 'cause they're never sure what they should do next. Some people like to have that guidance, especially in story content.

I get that they don't want people to feel like they have to go through everything in order before they can do the content they want. It's a good idea. A lot of people find it annoying having to go through all the stories in XIV in order, so I get it.

Just wish they chose a better, less conflicting implementation. Either the "focused story" way I suggested, or yours, to do them in order, would both be great options.

Sadly, for me, too much else about the game has become too paint-by-number and crown store focused. So, if they did implement something like that, it wouldn't necessarily even be enough of a draw on its own anymore for me.

I had some fun in it, though, for a while. It was my favorite go-to MMO for a few years.
  • RungarRungar Member RarePosts: 1,132
     Iselin said:
    YashaX said:

CirroseBR said:

Best MMORPG right now.

The PvP is an absolute joke in the game - where a level 1 player can end up in PvP against some 40 year old fat sweaty basement dweller no-lifer who plays the game more than he sleeps and the level 1 simply gets 1-shot.

You have to be level 10 to enter Cyrodiil or do bgs.  
    I doubt he has ever set foot in Cyrodiil. Sounds like the stereotypical PvP hater.
     eso/daoc style pvp is the only kind I really like.  The others always turn into a shitshow/gang warfare/gankfests. Nobody can get those rules right and in light of that the 3 opposing factions in dedicated lands model works the best overall. 

but like all things eso the combat system drags it down. 
    .05 of a second to midnight
  • MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,268
    CirroseBR said:
    Best MMORPG right now.
    Dark times for the genre then. 
  • RungarRungar Member RarePosts: 1,132
    MikeJezZ said:
    CirroseBR said:
    Best MMORPG right now.
    Dark times for the genre then. 
    pretty much though i do agree with both of you. 
    .05 of a second to midnight