Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Red Village - Behind The Scenes - Champion Animation

bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Comments

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203
    Like all other rational people, I'll hard pass on this drivel.
    shetlandslarsenWalkinGlenn
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    edited January 2022
    Dibdabs said:
    Like all other rational people, I'll hard pass on this drivel.
    For other knowledgeable people who joined this project 2 months ago, it has been an unbelievable experience.

From the fostering of community to transparency, to roadmap execution. Truly top notch.
    Post edited by bcbully on
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982
    No posts about the "Mystic Drop"?

I'm actually kind of surprised.
    bcbully

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Been waiting to do an entire thing after public mint tomorrow. I got whitelisted and minted Red Village Bones today. The bones will drop the Mystics in a couple days. Basically a 2 for one. Both have value.
    [Deleted User]
    bcbully said:

Been waiting to do an entire thing after public mint tomorrow. I got whitelisted and minted Red Village Bones today. The bones will drop the Mystics in a couple days. Basically a 2 for one. Both have value.
    You speak in strange tongues my friend.
    bcbully[Deleted User]Kyleran

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

bcbully said:

You speak in strange tongues my friend.
    Whitelist - A select group of people from out the entire group. Usually determined by raffle, who get to mint first, and are guaranteed at least 1 mint.

Public - anyone who is not whitlisted . Public mints are first come first sever. Gas fees tend to be higher and mint is not guaranteed. If it sells out before you mint, you lose.

Red Village Bones - Bones are the second utility token. They are similar to Blood Portals in that they will always have value over the life of the game. Be that whitelist, special tournament ect. Having the bones in your wallet gets a Mystic champ dropped to that wallet.

Slapshot1188[Deleted User]Kyleran
    edited January 2022
    Stizzled said:
    Was asked my opinion in another thread, figured I'd give it here. 

Yeah, they're alright, better than I expected. I'll give them that.

Still not great, especially when you consider the gameplay will likely be 95% just watching these animations play out. If you also consider the amount of money they're raking in prerelease I'd think they could have pushed release back a little and gone for some decent mocap.

Watching these animations over and over and over won't be an A1 experience, not in my book. But, what do I know? I like New World. (somewhere the hairs on the back of scorch's neck just stood up)
    There might be a delay. it's coming down to the wire. 

Yeah I've heard a few graphics people say "these guys" know what their doing". 
    Post edited by bcbully on
    edited January 2022
    Stizzled said:
    bcbully said:
    Stizzled said:
    Was asked my opinion in another thread, figured I'd give it here. 

Yeah, they're alright, better than I expected. I'll give them that.

Still not great, especially when you consider the gameplay will likely be 95% just watching these animations play out. If you also consider the amount of money they're raking in prerelease I'd think they could have pushed release back a little and gone for some decent mocap.

Watching these animations over and over and over won't be an A1 experience, not in my book. But, what do I know? I like New World. (somewhere the hairs on the back of scorch's neck just stood up)
    There might be a delay. it's coming down to the wire. 

Yeah I've heard a few graphics people say "these guys" know what their doing". 
    Meaning what? There's absolutely nothing special about the models or the animations. 

Yes, these guys know how to use whatever 3D modelling software they're using. I would hope so, otherwise they wouldn't have a job.

You can still find better in asset stores, possibly even for free.
    Lmao a lot of people seem to disagree with you. 

So much hate. Better than you thought but the asset store is better gtfo lol

Just watched again, maaan looks damn good.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited January 2022
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • WalkinGlennWalkinGlenn Member RarePosts: 451
    Stizzled said:
    Huh, I guess that's why he never responded. That's a bummer. I was actually curious to hear his thoughts on that last link I posted, the Knight Inquisitor model.

That $30 model, on an asset store, has better texturing and animations than what I've seen so far from TRV.

Edit to include the video.

I mean he's pretty much just shilling and more of less spamming the same thing, then gaslights people as "hating" when they disagree.
    Sensai
    Stizzled said:
    Huh, I guess that's why he never responded. That's a bummer. I was actually curious to hear his thoughts on that last link I posted, the Knight Inquisitor model.

That $30 model, on an asset store, has better texturing and animations than what I've seen so far from TRV.

I mean he's pretty much just shilling and more of less spamming the same thing, then gaslights people as "hating" when they disagree.
    I dunno.   I mean he's honest.  Not sure he is doing anything that other fans don't do for their game.  His just includes weird Crypto stuff.

Never once have I felt he was intentionally trying to lie about this stuff... just not my thing to mix Crypto and gaming.

[Deleted User][Deleted User]

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Stizzled said:

As long as people are polite about it, these are good debates and discussion for the community to have imho.

I don’t know why bcbully received a ban so I can have no personal judgment on the validity of the ban.

bcbully is a gamer and a pvper at heart.

I hope the ban isn’t for long. 
    [Deleted User]Slapshot1188[Deleted User]

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• WalkinGlennWalkinGlenn Member RarePosts: 451
    edited January 2022
    Replies above, Fair enough
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    Some companies are walking back on NFTs . The backlash has been real.

• RungarRungar Member RarePosts: 1,132
    what a joke.  I almost feel bad for BC now. I wonder how much money he lost so far?
    kitarad
    .05 of a second to midnight
    Dunno but wish he were back so we could find out

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Seems like a good place to drop this news nugget (since I don't really want to start yet another NFT thread)

"The NFT marketplace is rife with people buying their own NFTs in order to drive up prices, according to a report released this week by blockchain data firm Chainalysis. Known as “wash trading”, the act of buying and selling a security in order to fool the market was once commonplace on Wall Street, and has been illegal for nearly a century. But the vast, unregulated NFT marketplace has shown to be a golden opportunity for scammers."

https://www.engadget.com/nft-wash-trading-scams-chainanalysis-report-202537095.html

You think maybe something similar would happen in NFT games? :smile:

BLNX[Deleted User]MendelOldKingLog[Deleted User]
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Stizzled said:
    Iselin said:
    Seems like a good place to drop this news nugget (since I don't really want to start yet another NFT thread)

"The NFT marketplace is rife with people buying their own NFTs in order to drive up prices, according to a report released this week by blockchain data firm Chainalysis. Known as “wash trading”, the act of buying and selling a security in order to fool the market was once commonplace on Wall Street, and has been illegal for nearly a century. But the vast, unregulated NFT marketplace has shown to be a golden opportunity for scammers."

https://www.engadget.com/nft-wash-trading-scams-chainanalysis-report-202537095.html

Community members selling these limited NFTs to each other to artificially pump the value hoping to dump it all on some new unsuspecting chump in the community is the main game here.

Nobody actually cares about watching these things in TRV waddle around and fight. Anyone claiming this looks awesome is just trying to get new chumps to buy in and keep the scheme rolling.

That has seemed like a major point of these NFTs all along.  Mint some NFTs, trade them among the 'early adopters', drive the prices up, create interest, lure in new money to buy the now limited commodity.  You can only have a chance of 'earning' if you buy in early.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,178
    edited February 2022
    Mendel said:
    Stizzled said:
    Iselin said:

Community members selling these limited NFTs to each other to artificially pump the value hoping to dump it all on some new unsuspecting chump in the community is the main game here.

Nobody actually cares about watching these things in TRV waddle around and fight. Anyone claiming this looks awesome is just trying to get new chumps to buy in and keep the scheme rolling.

That has seemed like a major point of these NFTs all along.  Mint some NFTs, trade them among the 'early adopters', drive the prices up, create interest, lure in new money to buy the now limited commodity.  You can only have a chance of 'earning' if you buy in early.

That's not really how it works for gaming nfts though. 

Mainly because there's no reason to shift money around an NFT with utility.  You have a bigger impact and make more money by either reducing the availability of items,  or increasing the value of items. 

For example, for art NFTs people attempt to buy and sell as a commodity, and only base the value on comparative items of value. How can you do that? Easy. You look at what it sold for. So to manipulate the market you can buy your own items and pump the price and market. 

But in games this doesn't work. Not unless you own the majority of the item market already. Rather, it's easier to attempt to manipulate the cost by buying as many of a limited item. This actually does happen.  

But you also run into a second issue in games and that's the utility. Why does it matter if you corner the market on an item that is generally worthless to someone playing anyways? Even worse, if you buy an item as an investment but the value is based on the mint number or evolution of the item (such as leveling of the item or character history) then it doesn't matter if the you buy your item a zillion times and pretend to pump the value, people will flock to the rarer mints and items with history. 

What players need to be more wary of isn't that gamers are buying their own NFTs in games, it's that they are buying many if not all of the items on limited mint runs. 

Just like how BC said he lost out on his purchase, it's the PS5 XBSX thing all over again, when you limit the number of items you're going to get the loophole asshats that find a way to get 20 of them when you end up with zero, even if you're there at the moment it drops. 

500 of an item can sell out in less than 30 seconds. If you're then stuck with buying from a speculative non-gamer you're screwed. You could pay 100% to 1000% more. And that, my friends, is where gamers should really worry about this trend. 

• OldKingLogOldKingLog Member RarePosts: 564
    Mendel said:
    Stizzled said:
    Iselin said:

Mainly because there's no reason to shift money around an NFT with utility.  You have a bigger impact and make more money by either reducing the availability of items,  or increasing the value of items. 

For example, for art NFTs people attempt to buy and sell as a commodity, and only base the value on comparative items of value. How can you do that? Easy. You look at what it sold for. So to manipulate the market you can buy your own items and pump the price and market. 

But in games this doesn't work. Not unless you own the majority of the item market already. Rather, it's easier to attempt to manipulate the cost by buying as many of a limited item. This actually does happen.  

But you also run into a second issue in games and that's the utility. Why does it matter if you corner the market on an item that is generally worthless to someone playing anyways? Even worse, if you buy an item as an investment but the value is based on the mint number or evolution of the item (such as leveling of the item or character history) then it doesn't matter if the you buy your item a zillion times and pretend to pump the value, people will flock to the rarer mints and items with history. 

What players need to be more wary of isn't that gamers are buying their own NFTs in games, it's that they are buying many if not all of the items on limited mint runs. 

Just like how BC said he lost out on his purchase, it's the PS5 XBSX thing all over again, when you limit the number of items you're going to get the loophole asshats that find a way to get 20 of them when you end up with zero, even if you're there at the moment it drops. 

500 of an item can sell out in less than 30 seconds. If you're then stuck with buying from a speculative non-gamer you're screwed. You could pay 100% to 1000% more. And that, my friends, is where gamers should really worry about this trend. 

And this exactly why many gamers don't want this horse shit anywhere near their games. Sadly however since the NFT sellers and speculators will make money off this trend, no one is going to care what the poor chump gamer wants.
    KyleranTwistedSister77
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,178
    edited February 2022
    Mendel said:
    Stizzled said:
    Iselin said:

And this exactly why many gamers don't want this horse shit anywhere near their games. Sadly however since the NFT sellers and speculators will make money off this trend, no one is going to care what the poor chump gamer wants.
    I agree, mostly. I think it's stupid to create an artificial mint number, instead I prefer timed mint intervals. Some games allow for that, like anyone can buy as many of an item over the course of a week or two or even if it's just 48 hours. 

It invalidates the users who attempt to buy out a limited item. In that situation players can all buy the item at the developer price, and afterwards if you don't buy players can choose to sell to other players for real money. 

But most nft game developers don't like to do that, because it dilutes the rarity and therefore they don't make as much money on the inflated costs of player to player transactions. 

But if they want nfts to take hold at all outside of the speculators they need to adopt a fair playing field.  

I know what you're thinking... fat chance.. and you're right. Because of that developers are going to shoot themselves in the foot for the next decade because of greed. 
    OldKingLog

• OldKingLogOldKingLog Member RarePosts: 564
    Mendel said:
    Stizzled said:
    Iselin said:

I agree, mostly. I think it's stupid to create an artificial mint number, instead I prefer timed mint intervals. Some games allow for that, like anyone can buy as many of an item over the course of a week or two or even if it's just 48 hours. 

It invalidates the users who attempt to buy out a limited item. In that situation players can all buy the item at the developer price, and afterwards if you don't buy players can choose to sell to other players for real money. 

But most nft game developers don't like to do that, because it dilutes the rarity and therefore they don't make as much money on the inflated costs of player to player transactions. 

But if they want nfts to take hold at all outside of the speculators they need to adopt a fair playing field.  

I know what you're thinking... fat chance.. and you're right. Because of that developers are going to shoot themselves in the foot for the next decade because of greed. 

I watched several collectible communities go through the same thing over the past three decades. Stamps, comic books, sports and other card collectibles, and various arms and militaria groups. Once the speculators get involved the true hobbyists are priced out of the mid to high range market, buying or selling. And what you're left with is a just a small group of disinterested assholes holding all the toys.
    maskedweaselKylerankitaradMendel