Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VR MMORPG Zenith: The Last City Is Set To Launch On January 27th | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited January 2022 in Videos Discussion

imageVR MMORPG Zenith: The Last City Is Set To Launch On January 27th | MMORPG.com

Zenith: The Last City is set to launch on January 27th across all major VR platforms, Ramen VR stated today in a press release. This, however, does have the caveat with the titles pending their final QA verification, however. To start to prep for the release later this month, the VR MMORPG is hosting its next closed beta test starting tomorrow, January 13th.

Read the full story here

Comments

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    I am so excited for this. I cannot wait!
    Asm0deusbcbullyv_VeAvanahkeithian

Joined - July 2004

• AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    My Birthday is next week and I'm getting an Oculus Quest 2.
    My first purchase will be Zenith. So excited. :)

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,507
    Err, where are the NFTs?  Pfft, I'm out.

;)
    maskedweaselQuizzicalmeerclarolepiConstantineMerus

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• DigDuggyDigDuggy Member RarePosts: 641
    I'm almost ready to jump in the VR market...almost. I'm wondering about project cambria and how long it will be before it comes out.
  • LackingMMOLackingMMO Member RarePosts: 664
    I JUST got my headset working again! Cant wait to try this now!
  • slowz2secretslowz2secret Member RarePosts: 407
    I mean, playing a mmorpg on vr is that good? since mmorpg need sooo much time to farm and do things, imagine the whole day without sitting in your chair just playing, moving your hands and walking in your room, that's annoying
  • ShutaraShutara Member UncommonPosts: 140

I mean, playing a mmorpg on vr is that good? since mmorpg need sooo much time to farm and do things, imagine the whole day without sitting in your chair just playing, moving your hands and walking in your room, that's annoying

So you think sitting your ass down in a chair whole day is better for your health or at least less annoying?
    keithian
  • olepiolepi Member EpicPosts: 2,829
    edited January 2022
    I'm interested in VR, but won't use Occulus, since I don't have a Facebook account. What's the best VR set, not counting Occulus?

------------
    2024: 47 years on the Net.

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    I love the VR combat in games like Blade and Sorcery. My problem is that I can only handle it for about a half hour before I need a break.

I'm not sure how this will translate into an MMO
    maskedweasel

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• TheDalaiBombaTheDalaiBomba Member EpicPosts: 1,493
    edited January 2022
    I'm still holding out on VR.  The Steam VR game of the year for 2021 was a cooking simulator...  Platform still seems like it has some fleshing out to do in terms of how well the technology is utilized for entertainment.
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    olepi said:
    I'm interested in VR, but won't use Occulus, since I don't have a Facebook account. What's the best VR set, not counting Occulus?
    Probably the vive. There's also a bunch of sets created by other manufacturers like hp and acer. Can't really speak to those.  Depends on how much you want to spend I guess. 

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    I'm still holding out on VR.  The Steam VR game of the year for 2021 was a cooking simulator...  Platform still seems like it has some fleshing out to do in terms of how well the technology is utilized for entertainment.
    I've got an 8k headset and I absolutely love it for things like MSFS. My record is a solid 2 hours with that headset on and I got pretty sweaty in the process ;)

I must say though:

I made a stormy landing through the mountains not too far from my home and it was the most immersive experience I have ever had on a computer.

With a flight yoke, rudder pedals and a throttle quadrant you don't even need a keyboard when your in game no matter how complex the aircraft.
    TheDalaiBomba[Deleted User]

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• slowz2secretslowz2secret Member RarePosts: 407

Shutara said:

So you think sitting your ass down in a chair whole day is better for your health or at least less annoying?

is less annoying sitting, and I'm not talking about anything of that, I'm talking about the comfy, but I see that your reading comprehension really bad.
  • ShutaraShutara Member UncommonPosts: 140

Shutara said:

is less annoying sitting, and I'm not talking about anything of that, I'm talking about the comfy, but I see that your reading comprehension really bad.

You asked if it's that good. I replied it is, from a health perspective. Simple as that. I don't have any comprehension problems, but You seem to have with English. Do I point out random shizz out of rudeness? No. You ask if VR playing is annoying. If you're a lazyass, it will always be, regardless of the game You're playing if it's not couch-based. Besides, You won't be able to play all day on VR anyway, since it usually requires a recharge every 2-3 hours depending on headset and if the game is battery-demanding.
  • DoctorhooDoctorhoo Member UncommonPosts: 235
    Looks Promising. 2 classes out with launch, looks like they have a 3rd class to be released later is what i've heard
  • keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    edited January 2022
    Videos on a flat screen never do justice for VR games that might look bleh on a youtube video, but amazing in a VR headset. I have an Oculus Rift-S and I'm excited to give this game a try because I like some of the social aspects, the flying, the cooking looks fun, etc. It might not break any new ground as an MMORPG, but it looks like it will definitely break new ground as a VR MMORPG and though this might sound trivial, I think playing something like this in VR could add back that excitement that many of us have been missing in an MMO.

On a side note for those concerned about the physicality of playing something like this standing up, play a support role instead. It will be far less tiring.
    Shutara

There Is Always Hope!

• AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615

olepi said:

I can't stand Facebook but love the Quest 2, so....
    I made a random Facebook account with a gmail just to play on the Quest 2. Nothing else.
    I don't log in to Facebook or anything. It's just used to verify you are using it to use the Quest 2, nothing else.
    Enjoy. :)
    maskedweasel

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."