Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Got a good pc setup but must say I love the PS5!

DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
Valhalla looks beautiful on a 4k tv

Pc is upstairs with 29inch 144fps monitor but 60 from the TV downstairs is enough for me.  <3

Sovrath

Comments

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,971
    Hmmm, did I make a news years resolution yesterday to not to wind up console players so much this year?

Damn it I did. :)
    Dragnelus[Deleted User]Kyleranircaddictsmadazz
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Welcome to the club mate. It is you and me now. @Scot is not going to harass us anymore according to his new year's resolution. So we're good for now. But, we should recruit more people! 
    ScotDragnelus
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Yeh single player games I play on the PS5 now in the livingroom with a nice soundbar and 55inch tv and mmo I play upstairs on the pc. 

Wife don't want the pc case and noise in the living room! 
    ConstantineMerus

• shetlandslarsenshetlandslarsen Member UncommonPosts: 203
    Well each to his own. For me PC is the master race. I have an uber rig with a 49" ultrawide. May also have something to do with that I suck with a controller ;)

And yes i know you can get mouse and keyboard but it is just not the same.
    ScotKyleranBrainy
    I am a scizo misanthrope. So one day I may go BANZAI on your post.
    Have not yet though. Maybe there is hope?
    Nah there is really none for me or the human race. 
  • CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    In my view, a great PC is not necessary. People often overlook the display and sound which will affect you much more as a player. Most games will play just fine at 1080p on 5-year-old hardware. It's when you start moving into 4k/8k 120 fps when you need something beefier. An OLED TV/monitor is a much better investment than an RTX 3090.
    ConstantineMerusAsm0deusircaddicts
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,407
    edited January 2022
    I love to game and play where the content lives. I have a gaming PC and all major consoles and iPad. I game on all of them. 
    To me there is no race. Master or otherwise. Game on the platform(s) you can afford and enjoy. 

Indeed for me while PC can be an investment in the long run it cost me lots less to play game

Also my PC is my media center and I do lots more than just play games on it.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• LackingMMOLackingMMO Member RarePosts: 664
    Love my gaming pc as well as my ps5, just need to find the new xbox! Switch has its moments as well but my pc and ps5 are the most used.
    edited January 2022
    Yeh, I got them all I think, Nintendo, PlayStation and pc I don't feel the need for Xbox as you can play it on pc.

For console I like playing single player games on it on pc I like the play multiplayer games.
    Post edited by Dragnelus on
    ConstantineMerus

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    If I ever take the console plunge it would be on a PS5, should it ever be possible to buy one at normal retail without having to jump through hoops.

My son finally got one 2 days before XMAS at a GameStop drop, after watching numerous sites for months hoping to land one.  

Still, I admire his dedication, he and his roommate showed up at the store at 5 am (they were 3rd in line) so definitely got one when the store opened at 10 am.

Unfortunately, he had to spend about $900 even at retail as GS bundled extra controller, controller charger, 3 games and a warranty on the premise it discourages the scalpers from buying them all up.

Silly...
    Scot

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran said:
    If I ever take the console plunge it would be on a PS5, should it ever be possible to buy one at normal retail without having to jump through hoops.

My son finally got one 2 days before XMAS at a GameStop drop, after watching numerous sites for months hoping to land one.  

Still, I admire his dedication, he and his roommate showed up at the store at 5 am (they were 3rd in line) so definitely got one when the store opened at 10 am.

Unfortunately, he had to spend about $900 even at retail as GS bundled extra controller, controller charger, 3 games and a warranty on the premise it discourages the scalpers from buying them all up.

Silly...
    PS would be the only choice, Xbox just has too many of the same titles as the PC from what I gather. If I ever shift to "playing from a couch" I may well get a PS5 then, the idea of playing PC games sitting on a couch rather than my "gaming" seat still seems really strange to me. :) 
    KyleranBrainy
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Dragnelus said:

Pc is upstairs with 29inch 144fps monitor but 60 from the TV downstairs is enough for me.  <3

I absolutely love modern consoles, but I don’t know what kind of PC’s your talking about ;)

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

laserit said:
    Dragnelus said:

I absolutely love modern consoles, but I don’t know what kind of PC’s your talking about ;)
    Good for me is, Rx 5700xt, Ryzen 5 3600 and 12 gb ram 3000mhz

Here a PS5 screenshot  <3

laserit

• JungleHeartJungleHeart Newbie CommonPosts: 23
    Scot said:
    Kyleran said:

Silly...
    PS would be the only choice, Xbox just has too many of the same titles as the PC from what I gather. If I ever shift to "playing from a couch" I may well get a PS5 then, the idea of playing PC games sitting on a couch rather than my "gaming" seat still seems really strange to me. :) 

PS5 definitely for the exclusives. The next Horizon and God of War games are absolutely good reasons to get a PS5. Xbox is for Game Pass and amenities like backward compatibility. I'm an Xbox person myself, have a Series X but I still wish I could get my hands on a PS5.

And you nailed it on the head with playing from a couch. There's just something about sitting back and being a potato while playing games. On other hand, sitting on a PC chair never worked for me because I somehow associate it with work haha.

Oh and btw, going back to PS5 exclusives, they just have to seem more over the Xbox: https://blog.playerauctions.com/others/best-games-2022/

Sovrath
    "Even at his most powerless, man's existence is never without meaning"
    —Suikoden I

Weapons of choice: Series X and Switch
  • AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085
    edited January 2022
    The only reason to own a PS5 (or any other console) when you already own a PC is that you absolutely hate your money and want to get rid of it.

madazz[Deleted User]
    The only reason to own a PS5 (or any other console) when you already own a PC is that you absolutely hate your money and want to get rid of it.

Some people like to play the exclusives. Or they can't afford an expensive PC. Or they like to chill and lay back on their coach after a hard day and play. People have different reasons. I don't think hating their money is any of them mate. 

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung

Some people like to play the exclusives. Or they can't afford an expensive PC. Or they like to chill and lay back on their coach after a hard day and play. People have different reasons. I don't think hating their money is any of them mate. 
    Indeed, but it is because we love our money that we get a proper gaming PC, it is like buying a thoroughbred horse or sports car; you know it is money well spent. ;)
    ConstantineMerus
    Scot said:

Indeed, but it is because we love our money that we get a proper gaming PC, it is like buying a thoroughbred horse or sports car; you know it is money well spent. ;)
    Scot, The Console Stalker XD
    Scot

• madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,107
    edited February 2022
    Console/platform wars are so outdated. It's like a right of passage for 13 year olds though.

Have fun with your PS5! I hope to get one someday too. I'm in no rush at all. I'm going to wait for a special edition to release when they've got their supply going smoother.
    ConstantineMerus
  • PuroieoPuroieo Newbie CommonPosts: 2
    From this point of view, Guo Wengui's so-called "exclusion of Chinese people" is nothing more than always thinking about how this can continue to smear the image of overseas Chinese and incite the already rampant wave of "exclusion of Chinese".
  • PuroieoPuroieo Newbie CommonPosts: 2
    Guo Wengui's selfish thoughts and untruthful remarks about making money have also led to many overseas Chinese being discriminated against by people in various countries who do not know the truth because of the "virus China theory". Some innocent Chinese compatriots have even been lined up in the street because of the rumors spread by Guo Wengui. Chinese thugs beat.