Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2021 Year-in-Review for Pantheon's Development

2021 has come to an end, and next month is the 8th anniversary of Pantheon's Kickstarter announcement. If you're on this forum you're probably wondering, is it really any closer to release than it was a year ago? For many people, it’s been a chaotic year, both in and outside of the gaming world. So I really can’t blame you if you missed some things that happened with Pantheon’s development. The developers have actually been quite transparent about their process this year, but even if you have been following it closely, it can be really easy to lose sight of the big picture by getting too caught up in the details. So I put together this 2021 year-in-review video for Pantheon's development to recap all of the important events in about 20 minutes:
[Deleted User]

Comments

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    edited December 2021
    Perhaps its in the video, but since you are here maybe you can answer the more important question:

What's left to do?  And how long will that take?

Honestly, I am overly numb with developers who make constant "progress" but we never get closer to the end.   

PS: You do a good job in covering them, but personally... I have been buried in "progress" by all these games but it seems like we are progressing on a treadmill.  I jumped to the 2022 section and it seems like the big takeaway is that by the end of 2022 we will believe that it's a real game and will be coming out someday...  Dunno about you but after 8 years I am looking for more than that.
    BrainyTwoTubesKyleranMensur

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• nate1980nate1980 Member UncommonPosts: 2,063
    Thank you for taking the time to create this video. I remember the initial kickstarter and I've seen a couple of game play demo over the years, but I haven't actually followed the game due to how long it's taking. However, this video has me excited for the release, although I know it'll still be a while. 

It's very important, and I know they know this, to release a finished product. The game will be niche as it is. They can't afford to alienate their target audience with an unpolished product. I can wait. I just hope it releases before I'm too old to play it. I started my MMO journey in 2001 with DAOC at age 21. Now my hands hurt playing MMO's for too long lol. Anyways, thanks again for the video.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited March 2022
    Here's the thing, they don't have the money to complete this game in a reasonable time frame. (They are the ones who said so)

Until you hear differently, the only thing you can hope for is they keep making progress with the funding they have until they have enough to show for their efforts that someone, investors, new backers etc. decides to give them more, much more.
    [Deleted User]svannTwoTubes

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    Shame the OP just popped in to hype his video and not actually engage in a discussion.
    Kyleran

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Iz OK, I didn't watch the video either, never do unless they come with some commentary.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• GamerCrippleGamerCripple Newbie CommonPosts: 5
    This is the frustrating thing for me, this game as BEST can tell in the last week of looking again at what is out there and what to come, is a perfect fit. I want to try it out. BUT I hate to say it putting money into games has bit me in the ass on several occasions, even when swore to myself it was a safe bet. (Everquest Next seemed an easy bet to try...damnit!)

I want to keep this one as a possibility, but it's hard since most MMO's I can find similar to it in feel, are over 10 years old and as we all know...it's hard to join or rejoin a game after so long and find your spot in a community.
    Ungood
  • Castekin1999Castekin1999 Newbie CommonPosts: 3
    Perhaps its in the video, but since you are here maybe you can answer the more important question:

What's left to do?  And how long will that take?

Honestly, I am overly numb with developers who make constant "progress" but we never get closer to the end.   

PS: You do a good job in covering them, but personally... I have been buried in "progress" by all these games but it seems like we are progressing on a treadmill.  I jumped to the 2022 section and it seems like the big takeaway is that by the end of 2022 we will believe that it's a real game and will be coming out someday...  Dunno about you but after 8 years I am looking for more than that.

Hi Slappshoot

The link below will answer both your questions.

https://www.gamebanshee.com/news/114929-pantheon-rise-of-the-fallen-2015-plans-outlined.html#disqus_thread

Within the article visionary realms clearly state that they want pantheon to be in beta by 2016, so I would assume 2017 release?

So that means all we have to do is get into our time machines and go back in time about seven years and we will be right on schedule.

In other good news the ascendant pledge is still going for 10K.  Have you made your pledge for the day Slappshoot hmmmm, well have you? ;)

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/pledge/

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085
    Within the article visionary realms clearly state that they want pantheon to be in beta by 2016, so I would assume 2017 release?

So that means all we have to do is get into our time machines and go back in time about seven years and we will be right on schedule.

Five years, actually, not seven years.