Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Let's Talk Arcane Part 2 [Spoiler Rich Thread]

AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432
So... With Season 1's cliffhanger ending, what is the speculation of what Season 2 will be about? Read no further if you don't want spoilers!
===========================================================================================================================

============================================================================================================================

How about the ending scene? What's with Medl's "shiny gold glowing outfit?"

Jayce can't die. He's in the game. Unless an alternate LoL reality?

I know nothing about LoL, but I've learned more in the past weeks then I did at the start of watching Arcane. (Watched for the third time this past weekend...) Lots of theories about where Arcane go. Many speculate that Season 2 will wrap up the Piltover arc and get the Piltover/Zaun(?) war going. Mel is from another "country(?)" that could be looked at more depth in upcoming seasons as well as many other areas.

There will be a year or two of waiting, so let's SPECULATE!

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
- FARGIN_WAR

[Deleted User]

Comments

• RungarRungar Member RarePosts: 1,132
    im pretty sure we already have weaponized hextech.. oh wait.. your talking about the show...
    AlBQuirky
    .05 of a second to midnight
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432
    That's some good speculation, Arterius!

I don't recall if Viktor was in the council hall at the end. He may have been and I missed it :)

I've seen some speculation that Mel (Jayce's Girlfriend) will become a hero in the game. Some point to where Mel's mother informs her that her brother died, opening up the possibility of Mel being dragged back to her own homeland.

I've seen few theories surrounding Vander. Specifically the short shot we see in Singed's (the undercity scientist) lab of the form of a man (with claws?) hanging from the ceiling. Apparently there is a werewolf hero (Warwick) in LoL  that people are pointing to as a possibility of Vander's "kinda sorta" return.

Jinx will be interesting to see where she goes. She's a smart cookie, on par with Jayce and Viktor. She developed on her own her shark gun, after all, using Jayce and Viktor's "Hextech" :)

Apparently, Caitlin and Vi are in League of Legends as a "team." One Arcane reviewer mentioned that, but I can't recall the team name. Something like "Piltover's Finest" or something?

I have to admit that this show is the first "game-based" show that has me looking forward to the next season :)
    [Deleted User]

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• Tuor7Tuor7 Member RarePosts: 982
    I think that they should largely ignore the game's lore and focus on telling the best story possible with the elements they've already developed. If they end up doing that to any degree, then that could open the door to some really awesome and unexpected situations down the line. 
    AlBQuirky
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432
    edited December 2021
    Arterius said:
    Tuor7 said:
    I think that they should largely ignore the game's lore and focus on telling the best story possible with the elements they've already developed. If they end up doing that to any degree, then that could open the door to some really awesome and unexpected situations down the line. 
    The thing is that they have been pulling from the lore so much already with every character. They can't really go back now. It would be weird if they did. The only thing they changed was that VI and Jinx were experiments which is why VI has her name under her eye. Its supposed to be the roman numeral for 6

Cool! I didn't know that :)

I had heard from some LoL players that Jinx's "lore" (like a brief description when you checked on her character) did not include a sister, nor did Violet's. Most of them say that the lore in game was quite brief in the character description in game so Arcane lots of room to fool around and wiggle quite a bit :)

I also think that in the game, Jayce and Viktor are not so "buddy-buddy" as they are in Arcane. If true, that relationship may implode/explode in season 2.

PS: "Young Vi" did not have that tattoo. That was after her stay in prison.
    [Deleted User]

- Al

- FARGIN_WAR

• Tuor7Tuor7 Member RarePosts: 982
    edited December 2021
    Arterius said:
    The thing is that they have been pulling from the lore so much already with every character. They can't really go back now. It would be weird if they did. The only thing they changed was that VI and Jinx were experiments which is why VI has her name under her eye. Its supposed to be the roman numeral for 6
    They've used some of the lore, but there is a lot of game lore that hasn't defined, and then there's some stuff that they've altered.  I'm just saying that they shouldn't enslave themselves to the game lore and force all the outcomes to mirror how things end up in the game (which takes place after these events).

There is no reason why they can't deviate from game lore, if doing so makes for a better story.  They can even follow the lore in some instances and not in others.  The idea is to make it so that knowing the game lore doesn't mean you know how *this* version of events will end up.  I think that sort of plot freedom will only make things more open-ended and unexpected.  Isn't that something to be desired?
    [Deleted User]AlBQuirky