Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Samsung G9 Neo utrawide

shetlandslarsenshetlandslarsen Member UncommonPosts: 203
So i am waiting for my new Samsung G9 Neo utrawide 49". Should arrive during the next couple of days. Fingers crossed pre Xmas chaos.

Only read good things about it. Which in turn makes me  think something is wrong  :)

Anyone here own one and have some insight and or tips?
I am a scizo misanthrope. So one day I may go BANZAI on your post.
Have not yet though. Maybe there is hope?
Nah there is really none for me or the human race. 

Comments

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,350
    I don't have one, but if you want some negatives, the aspect ratio will be all wrong for just about everything that you do on a computer.

It looks like it's basically two 27", 2560x1440 monitors next to each other, but without the bezels between them.  And you pay heavily to get rid of those bezels, as it would be a lot cheaper to just buy two monitors.  If you want to spread a game window across both monitors, then getting rid of the bezel is a huge deal, as having a bezel cut your character in half is quite a nuisance.  But if you're going to display two different things on the two different monitors, then I'd rather have two different monitors.
    shetlandslarsen
  • CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    If only the snap to center function didn't default to full screen. 
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    edited December 2021
    I'm currently gaming on one of Samsung's 1000R curved monitors, though mine isn't ultrawide. If you haven't used a curved monitor before, for the first couple of days the picture will feel weird and wrong. But after you get used to it a bit it'll start to feel much better than a flat monitor ever did.
    shetlandslarsen

• shetlandslarsenshetlandslarsen Member UncommonPosts: 203
    Thanks for the replies guys. And yes used to curved. On an asus 34" curved now. And will be used for gaming mainly so not worried about wanting 2 monitors.

Will also be used to post random rants on this forum too ofc.  ;)
    I am a scizo misanthrope. So one day I may go BANZAI on your post.
    Have not yet though. Maybe there is hope?
    Nah there is really none for me or the human race. 
  • CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    I had a 38" ultra wide I replaced with a 43" 16:9 ratio monitor. It was an even odder aspect ratio than yours, but most modern games supported it. So I don't see support being an issue. The contrast ratio will probably be decent. One of the bigger issues with this size and curved is glare in the screen, but it should be manageable.
    shetlandslarsen
  • RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383
    I don’t have a G9, but I do have an older OLED tv and this review gives me some basis of comparison 

https://www.theverge.com/2021/12/11/22815110/lg-c1-48-oled-samsung-odyssey-neo-g9-review-monitor-tv
    shetlandslarsen