Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FFXIV log in issues (update: 7 free days)

TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,167
edited December 2021 in Final Fantasy XIV

Seems they are having more issues than normal this time around. I was able to get on this morning, queue was 24. I got booted during lunch, came back and queue was over 2k. I waited waited 40 min, than it kicked me out of queue with a 4004 error than it logged me out now I get a 2002 error and can't even get to log in server without the game shutting down. Tried 3 times now, same result, kicked out of queue.

Apparently they are well away of this issues everyone is having; hopefully they are fixing it. Looks like I'm gonna have to give up for the night. This may be the one time I think they might need to do some compensation.

SWG Bloodfin vet
Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

Post edited by Tiller on

Comments

• DattelisDattelis Member RarePosts: 1,458
    edited December 2021
    Yeah, it wasn't really any better for me in game. I sat through a 5k queue earlier in the day, played for a hour and got booted then had to sit through a 3k queue, so I'm kind of waiting atm.

On a side note, I'd highly recommend against buying from gamestop if anyone is thinking about it (digitally at least). I had a couple of friends pre-order it there last week and still didn't get anything, so I just told them to refund and get it via GMG, which seems to be the better bet (I just bought mine full price via SE store a couple of months ago).
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,007
    Was insta last night and insta this morning then I made the mistake of logging out because I needed to sleep then I came back after lunch and couldn't get in since. (20 min wait from a 3-4k queue get kicked out half way with error 2002) 

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,167
    edited December 2021
    Akulas said:
    Was insta last night and insta this morning then I made the mistake of logging out because I needed to sleep then I came back after lunch and couldn't get in since. (20 min wait from a 3-4k queue get kicked out half way with error 2002) 

It's causing some real angst lol. People who play through steam are really losing it over this. I expected this, it's made worse by chip shortage as they can't add more servers. AFK time has  been lowed to 15min, but that's barely helping with over 5mil people trying to connect at once. At the moment you can't even connect to the data center at all due to the 2002 max connection lockout.

SWG Bloodfin vet

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,167
    Looks like they are handing out 7 free days for the issues. I have feeling this log in issue isn't going to subside anytime soon.
    [Deleted User]
    SWG Bloodfin vet

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Haven't got any problems so far. Login in the morning is instant, in the afternoon it's a long que idd but no disconnects. And when I need to go a bit afk I just remote control it on my mobile.  >:)

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,181
    Arterius said:
    Yeah, can't log in. I sit through a que of 6k people and than the lobby has an error or something. When I got in it kicked me from the server. Crazy times. 

If it's the 2002 error you should be able to get your place back in line if you reconnect quickly. 2002 just means they hit the cap for people in line.
    [Deleted User]
    Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• rosepetal870rosepetal870 Member UncommonPosts: 77
    didnot get the 7 days compensation and still getting errors . my subscription is running out on 29 december .i wont be renewing it till they fix this mess 
  • rosepetal870rosepetal870 Member UncommonPosts: 77
    Tiller said:
    Akulas said:

It's causing some real angst lol. People who play through steam are really losing it over this. I expected this, it's made worse by chip shortage as they can't add more servers. AFK time has  been lowed to 15min, but that's barely helping with over 5mil people trying to connect at once. At the moment you can't even connect to the data center at all due to the 2002 max connection lockout.

chip shortage is just a lame excuse . amazon during same time had opened up new servers for new world . square enix just didnot wanted to spend money .