Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Swords of Legends Online Adds Sparkwood Gardens Raid, and New Event Begins | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 7,110
edited November 24 in News & Features Discussion

imageSwords of Legends Online Adds Sparkwood Gardens Raid, and New Event Begins | MMORPG.com

Swords of Legends Online adds the first raid of the Forbidden Court, The Sparkwood Gardens, along with localization and bug fixes, and the beginnings of a new event.

Read the full story here

Comments

• blueturtle13blueturtle13 Member LegendaryPosts: 13,070
    awesome I plan to log in tomorrow and spend a few hours
    SovrathDattelis

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• ionxeelionxeel Member UncommonPosts: 318
    edited November 24
    The game's on 40% off sale right now on Steam, during the Autumn Sale, for the next week. I had my fun with it, and if you have nothing to play right now, I'd recommend it.
    Post edited by ionxeel on
    Dattelis
  • DeathboDeathbo Member UncommonPosts: 62
    Won a key from the sweepstakes and looking forward to giving it a try over the weekend.
    Dattelis
  • rosepetal870rosepetal870 Member UncommonPosts: 56
    see you all in the game .downloading the game now.
    Dattelis
  • DattelisDattelis Member UncommonPosts: 242
    edited November 24
    Yeah, I'm gonna wait until the weekend as well to get in there and try things out. Thanks again mmorpg.com for the key.
  • gastovski1gastovski1 Member UncommonPosts: 86
    is it worth to drop eso and play this instead?
  • hoenens1hoenens1 Member UncommonPosts: 235
    Game is dead... sadly
  • hoenens1hoenens1 Member UncommonPosts: 235

is it worth to drop eso and play this instead?

Nope
  • AoriAori Member EpicPosts: 4,232
    Got a free key, played an hourish? I can see why the game is dead, its intro experience is among the worst. It's all running around, a bunch of dialogue that the majorty won't care about.

Gameplay wise this feels like a mobile game without the autoplay. Like I was playing it thinking, sure would be nice if I could just click a button and it would just run and talk to all these people for me instead.
  • blueturtle13blueturtle13 Member LegendaryPosts: 13,070
    Aori said:
    Got a free key, played an hourish? I can see why the game is dead, its intro experience is among the worst. It's all running around, a bunch of dialogue that the majorty won't care about.

Gameplay wise this feels like a mobile game without the autoplay. Like I was playing it thinking, sure would be nice if I could just click a button and it would just run and talk to all these people for me instead.
    Game takes a couple of three hours to open up. It adds depth hour after hour. Much better game the higher you go. I didn’t like the first impression either. Glad I stuck it out. Fun game. 
    TorvalSovrathAori

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 21,580
    Swords of Legend is very hand-holdy for the first several hours. It starts opening up around level 20 maybe? There is a lot of information and systems in the game and it takes you through each of those.

There is also an interesting story steeped in Chinese lore and mythology. I recommend using the native Chinese voice-overs and reading the quest text instead of listening to the horrible English voice work and translations. The Chinese voicing is much more consistent regarding dialect, pronunciation, and is much more emotionally evocative. I find it adds a lot to the immersion and quality of narrative.

I'll be playing this and New World again after I power through the Fallout 76 season and No Man's Sky Expedition redux.
    Sovrathblueturtle13Remali
    traveller, interloper, anomaly, iteration

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,397
    ATM is just play it as an single player game. It's nice to see other ppl in the area tho. 

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,397

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 2,861
    Has really bad voice over and some parts aren't even translated. Doesn't break the game but it's kind of funny and out of place.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.