Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen Free Fly On through December 1st to Coincide With Aerospace Expo Event | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited November 2021 in News & Features Discussion

imageStar Citizen Free Fly On through December 1st to Coincide With Aerospace Expo Event | MMORPG.com

Free fly is back in Star Citizen through December 1st.  If you want to check out the game, which just had a major update that added new gameplay options, including medical and healing tools, you can play free during the special period.

Read the full story here

BabuinixWalkinGlenn

Comments

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985
    Say what you want about the game's development. Anyone who puts NEW money into this game certainly knows what they are getting. It gives anyone a chance to try before buying...

IceAgeJoeBloberScotAgent_JosephChampieLackingMMOKyleran

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,164
    EVE clone
    Slapshot1188blackdreamhunkircaddictsScotAgent_JosephWalkinGlennKyleran
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• blackdreamhunkblackdreamhunk Member UncommonPosts: 478
    edited December 2021
    No one on this planet can come to tell me star citizen is not a scam! 7k backer like my self only needs to look at the constellation phoenix and 890 jump. None of those ships isn't the ships that were advertised.

Still waiting on support to give me a refund. On the spectrum, you are not allowed to talk about what happens if star citizen fails. Chris Roberts and CIg game devs run away from hard questions. But yeah know it perfectly OK not to have a release date and to take 400 million backer money for game that have not released yet no questions asked. 

I wonder is the 400I the new party boat or useless ship? 400I went from pathfinder ship to touring ship!

CIG sold the idea  890 jump as a multi-role exploration ship. Then later CIg changed the 890 jump to a Touring ship claiming touring ships do both pathfinder and expedition in the exploration subcategories and now the 890 jump is just a touring party boat and the 890 jump is just a passenger transport ship.

1 out of 4 game devs can give you reason to own an 890 jump proof right here on this youtube video.

But some people will claim I twist words lol I can't wait to post a YouTube video on origin day sale people claiming origin ships are useless ships.

890 jump is a scam more proof right here people the calling the 890 jump curse liner transport ship here.. 890 jump not an exploration ship here.

Owning the 890 should be special

Cousin Crows gets their hands on a Jump... what variants would you see for it? (like the Kracken Privateer is a CC modded ship)

Here is a good quote

Understanding Our "Purchasing"

"If you pledge for https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Packages/UEE-Exploration-2950
    cig cannot turn around and give you https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Packages/Aurora-MR-Holiday-Starter-Pack-Warbond and pocket the 1060.00

C'mon, let's see you cite legal cases and in particular where "CiGs legal" trumps jurisdiction. Heck, lets see you cite where a CF has done precisely what you claim... We'll wait. C'mon, pony up.

You should note Kickstarter's statement in regards to this...
    "“Kickstarter’s Terms of Use require creators to fulfill all rewards of their project or refund any backer whose reward they do not or cannot fulfill. […] This information can serve as a basis for legal recourse if a creator doesn’t fulfill their promises. We hope that backers will consider using this provision only in cases where they feel that a creator has not made a good faith effort to complete the project and fulfill.”

p.s.

You might try reading the following...

https://justsoldit.com/broken-promises-when-a-brand-fails-to-deliver-on-its-commitments/

https://forpurposelaw.com/exactly-pledge/''

source link from the spectrum

Understanding our"Purchasing" by bear

quote" Also, disclaimers aren't free passes and don't override consumer laws, statutory rights and other applicable regulations. Cheers.'

EDIT: legal definition of purchase
    '"To buy; the transfer of property from one person to another by an agreement. Under the Uniform Commercial Code (UCC), taking by sale, discount, negotiation, mortgage, pledge, lien, issue, reissue, gift, or any voluntary transaction" https://dictionary.findlaw.com/definition/purchase.html

Post edited by blackdreamhunk on
    BabuinixircaddictsChampieKyleran
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    System said:
    Star Citizen Free Fly On through December 1st to Coincide With Aerospace Expo Event | MMORPG.com

Free fly is back in Star Citizen through December 1st. 

Free-Fly Event started November 19th and ends December 1st.

With that said performance has been pretty rocky with all the new citizens hammering the servers, SSD and 16gigs of RAM are still very much mandatory along with tutorial watching to learn the basics!

Kyleran

No one on this planet can come to tell me star citizen is not a scam! 7k backer like my self only needs to look at the constellation phoenix and 890 jump. None of those ships isn't the ships that were advertised.

Still waiting on support to give me a refund. On the spectrum, you are not allowed to talk about what happens if star citizen fails. Chris Roberts and CIg game devs run away from hard questions. But yeah know it perfectly OK not to have a release date and to take 400 million backer money for game that have not released yet no questions asked. 

I wonder is the 400I the new party boat or useless ship?

400I went from pathfinder ship to touring ship!

CIG sold the idea  890 jump as a multi-role exploration ship. Then later CIg changed the 890 jump to a Touring ship claiming touring ships do both pathfinder and expedition in the exploration subcategories and now the 890 jump is just a touring party boat and the 890 jump is just a passenger transport ship.

1 out of 4 game devs can give you reason to own an 890 jump proof right here on this youtube video.

But some people will claim I twist words lol I can't wait to post a YouTube video on origin day sale people claiming origin ships are useless ships.

Hey why don't you just sue them for your money back.
    BabuinixblackdreamhunkircaddictsKyleran
    SWG Bloodfin vet

edited November 2021
    Tiller said:

It will be the last resort right now waiting for a response. Right now nothing feels as great as really speaking my mind and how really feel about star citizens on different media sites. I know their mods and some people in the star citizen community are having a meltdown.

I am sure CIG mods reading my comments here are crying tears LOL

Ia m also thinking about selling my account too I sure I will get a lot.
    ircaddictsKyleran

Tiller said:

It will be the last resort right now waiting for a response. Right now nothing feels as great as really speaking my mind and how really feel about star citizens on different media sites. I know their mods and some people in the star citizen community are having a meltdown.

You should. Can't you just sell your ships? I see lots on ebay.
    Kyleran
    SWG Bloodfin vet

• JoeBloberJoeBlober Member RarePosts: 586

Tiller said:

EVE clone

Not only they are not clone but not even competitors.
    McSleaz

You are the guy claiming on every comment section CIG don't lesson about you. Fact is that you was expecting a Super-Yach to behave like a destroyer with extra exploration capacity. THAT WAS NEVER INTENDED!!

You are the one guilty of reading between lines. Your fault not CIG. I already ask you to show others backers disagreeing with 890 Jump purposes. Beside you, we can't those "people" supporting you lol. Even by looking through google, we can't find more than one thread out of thousands about SC...
    Agree you over extrapolate the purposes of a super-Yacht and move on. Melt it to get what you want or sell it through grey market.
    Batak_KillerMcSleazKyleran

Tiller said:

No one on this planet can come to tell me star citizen is not a scam!

I know their mods and some people in the star citizen community are having a meltdown.

Quote:"No one on this planet can come to tell me star citizen is not a scam!"
    Just 1 million individual backer say the opposite. 6 studios, +700 devs, quarterly patch adding new gameplay and contents... worst scam ever

About 890 Jump, you should start to read big bold disclaimer saying alpha and that change do happen.
    This ship have always been a super-yacht, the ship you are talking about with exploration capacity is named a Carrack. Just melt the 890 jump for a Carrack, problem solved.

Also Mods don't read all web sites to gather your opinion lol.... Some do check R/SC... You are the one unable to acknowledge you don't understand the meaning of alpha and refusing to get the ship you want by simply melting the one you have. Backers are doing that all the time. So get what you deserve and keep showing to others how uneducated you are :)
    Batak_KillerMcSleaz
  • Capt_SnugglesCapt_Snuggles Member UncommonPosts: 163

Tiller said:

Weren't you banned?

No ones having a melt down; you just act as a unifying topic for both anti and pro SC people - we're all laughing at sinking 7k in and having no clue on what you're backing.

And good luck selling your account - why would anyone want to buy a banned account, and one with your name against it. That and it's against the TOS. Unlike your threats, CIG's actually have weight.
    Batak_KillerKyleran[Deleted User]
  • xdave78xdave78 Member UncommonPosts: 106

nothing else left to say
    IceAgeBabuinix
  • gandlesgandles Member UncommonPosts: 84

xdave78 said:

nothing else left to say

Whats the point of this post? To show how much of a sarcastic dick you are?
    Kyleran
    edited November 2021
    History repeats its self on the spectrum with 400i. I highly recommend reading the thread called

"CIG has replaced the 400i's focus from Pathfinder to Touring"

In a few years, people will call the 400I a useless ship and not a pathfinder and also a party boat.

The 890 jump was done the same way just like the constellation phoenix. Did you know the original role of the constellation phoenix was armored transport ship or combat ship? it is interesting to watch Inforunners talking about the constellation phoenix now they full well the history of phoenix sold for a high price then had all its features removed and now it is also just touring ship. a very badly designed touring ship at that.

Some people even laugh at the constellation phoenix when it came out LOL

Oasis Frost clearly doesn't own the constellation phoenix feels it shouldn't be fixed

Constellation Phoenix is the limited ship nobody wants anymore. Count the number of Phoenix that gets sold.

Oh yeah, the mods at CIg and Chris Roberts can't handle criticism. They can't handle hard questions they don't have a backbone or think crocodile skin. I believe it is because star citizen is a scam. CIG mods hate it when you site laws or talk about laws on spectrum why? a scam that is why!

Youtube Camural is finding out the hard way! proof right here. CIG customer service for you.

mods there hate consumer laws, facts, and hard questions

CIg mods hate words like

bait and switch

false adverting

Don't dare talk about what happens if star citizen fails they will ban you for 10 years.
    Capt_Snuggles
  • GrindcoreTHRALLGrindcoreTHRALL Member UncommonPosts: 303
    Well man you can always melt down your ship or try selling it on the grey market. Other people have said it. Many ship concepts have changed over time. Hard to complain about this sorta thing when you are free to melt your ship down. I am kinda confused on how someone spent 7k on the game but doesn't understand this. While I do understand your disappointment, I hope you reassess the situation and approach it with more logic in the future.
    BabuinixKyleran[Deleted User]
    edited November 2021
    Well man you can always melt down your ship or try selling it on the grey market. Other people have said it. Many ship concepts have changed over time. Hard to complain about this sorta thing when you are free to melt your ship down. I am kinda confused on how someone spent 7k on the game but doesn't understand this. While I do understand your disappointment, I hope you reassess the situation and approach it with more logic in the future.

I shouldn't have to go through all trouble to get my money back for a game that may not ever come out in my life time. I own the carrack as well as the 890 jump.

If star citizen fails and it is looking that way fails to deliver I think it will be epic and damage a lot of companies and gaming general. I wonder if Chris Roberts will face congress if star citizen fails? that is what I asked in spectrum lol. Maybe that is why Chris Roberts moved to Britain. The smartest move for me to make is not to buy anything with new money for  Star citizens.

I will wait for a response then make my move after that response. I honestly think the way CIG is going I doubt they can finish this game in another 5 maybe 6 years realistically another 10 years for the MMORPG. Star citizen is still in very much early alpha when you really think about it.

maybe another 2 to 3 years before sq42 comes out?

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited November 2021
    I shouldn't have to go through all trouble to get my money back for a game that may not ever come out in my life. I own the carrack as well as the 890 jump.

If star citizen fails and it is looking that way fails to deliver I think it will be epic and damage a lot of companies and gaming general. I wonder if Chris Roberts will congress if star citizen fails? maybe that is why Chris Roberts moved to Britain. The smartest move for me to make is not to buy anything with new money for  Star citizens.

I will wait for a response then make my move after that response. I honestly think the way CIG is going I doubt they can finish this game in another 5 maybe 6 years realistically another 10 years for the MMORPG. Star citizen is still in very much early alpha when you really think about it.
    It's your choice to pledge for a concept where changes both visual and stat-wise are disclaimed on their own store pages. If you're not being given guarantees you should have that in mind when making decisions.  Trying this hard to make yourself feel like you were personally wronged by the dev is not doing you any favors.

I wouldn't be buying in at a concept phase, which is exactly what it is, a general idea of something very much in flux, without assuming the risk implied by that that is: it might not be the exact translation of concept art & description.

Your solution is as simple as do not buy anything in concept, melt what you did that you aren't happy with or sell it on the grey market if you want cash on it, as you can sell store credit for cash too.
    blackdreamhunkKyleran[Deleted User]
    edited November 2021

MaxBacon said:

I shouldn't have to go through all trouble to get my money back for a game that may not ever come out in my life. I own the carrack as well as the 890 jump.

If star citizen fails and it is looking that way fails to deliver I think it will be epic and damage a lot of companies and gaming general. I wonder if Chris Roberts will congress if star citizen fails? maybe that is why Chris Roberts moved to Britain. The smartest move for me to make is not to buy anything with new money for  Star citizens.

It's your choice to pledge for a concept where changes both visual and stat-wise are disclaimed on their own store pages. If you're not being given guarantees you should have that in mind when making decisions.  Trying this hard to make yourself feel like you were personally wronged by the dev is not doing you any favors.

I wouldn't be buying in at a concept phase, which is exactly what it is, a general idea of something very much in flux, without assuming the risk implied by that that is: it might not be the exact translation of concept art & description.

Your solution is as simple as do not buy anything in concept, melt what you did that you aren't happy with or sell it on the grey market if you want cash on it, as you can sell store credit for cash too.

It is not my choice to have my pledge product changed after 5 years of waiting where I can't get a refund.

legally a pledge is a promise or contract. constellation phoenix and 890 jump is a broken contract. The 890 jump is that final straw where I say no. it is like all the cool features and cool promises about the 890 jump were removed because the current game devs hate or dislike origin ships. That is the impression I got from the spectrum forums.

The 890 jump on the Chair man's pledge page plus advertising stated what cig will do with the 890 jump for real-life cash. OK so the 890 jump got bigger I understand the reason why. But you don't go from an exploration ship to a useless party boat a few years later. You will not find the word touring or even passenger transport in the chairman's letter at 28 million but you will find the words exploration.  You are right with your comment. It is a lesson learned for me. Right now I feel scammed. My experience with star citizen mods and service is horrible.

Letter from the Chairman: $28 Million!
    source link

Quote from Merriam Webster dictionary

"Definition of pledge

(Entry 1 of 2)

1a : a bailment of a chattel as security for a debt or other obligation without involving transfer of title
    b : the chattel so delivered
    c : the contract incidental to such a bailment
    2a : the state of being held as a security or guaranty
    b : something given as security for the performance of an act
    3 : a token, sign, or earnest of something else
    4 : a gage of battle
    6a : a binding promise or agreement to do or forbear
    b(1) : a promise to join a fraternity, sorority, or secret society
    (2) : a person who has so promised"

source link here

in fact, google" what is pledge legally"what is the definition of pledge legally?

MaxBacon said:

It was your choice....

You had the choice not to pledge. It was all clear at the time of pledging. Your failure to read isn't CIG's - it's yours.

Start owning your mistake and resolve it yourself, rather than looking to blame others.

Why on earth would Chris Roberts have to go up infront of Congress because you decided to give him money? What a stupid statement to make.
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    On a more esoteric note, why would a game about deep space worry about an aerospace expo?  The top Aerospace company in the world is Boeing, and they mostly operate within the atmosphere.

Champieblackdreamhunk

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985

Don't dare talk about what happens if star citizen fails they will ban you for 10 years.
    Well look at it this way... your ban will be over before the game fully launches... so all is well?

WhiteLanternKyleranChampie[Deleted User]Shaigh

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• olepiolepi Member EpicPosts: 2,829
    I think I'll try the free fly event, but the download appears to be huge. At my dismal internet speed, it will take days it looks like. How big is the final download?

Is it true the game really has to be on an SSD? If so, I have to start over, sigh.

------------
    2024: 47 years on the Net.

olepi said:

I think I'll try the free fly event, but the download appears to be
    huge. At my dismal internet speed, it will take days it looks like. How
    big is the final download?

Is it true the game really has to be on an SSD? If so, I have to start over, sigh.

Highly recommend an SSD.

Not sure on the size; haven't downloaded the full game in a while with incremental patches. But I (personally) hugely recommend giving it a try.

If you can, reach out to other players - it makes the experience far better. And if you do think of backing, use this code on setting up your account.

STAR-JQ5S-KRMR
    edited November 2021

Well look at it this way... your ban will be over before the game fully launches... so all is well?

As a 7 k backer and consumer, it is my right to ask these kinds of questions anyway.  I am just wondering are you suggesting I should blindly follow what CIg and Chris Roberts are doing? Are you suggesting I didn't have the right to ask that kind of question on the forums? are you suggesting you don't believe in freedom of speech?

Ask yourself why would I want to ask that kind of question. I have put a lot of time, money, and energy into the star citizen community. It is my right to ask those kinds of questions. Only people who are into a scam would run away from those kinds of questions.

How does it benefit me if a star citizen goes fails? I am sure there will be all kinds of new laws made If star citizen ever fails. I am also certain If star citizen fails it would hurt the Gaming Industry as a whole. Sorry I follow CIg financially. For a very long time, Cig has been operating under red numbers.  I read people's comments on the spectrum, I read star citizen Reddit community, and Reddit the refund page. I am not going to blindly follow Chris Roberts or the star citizen community.

If you want I can start to site consumer laws right here and show CIG does false adverting, bait, and switch marketing. When I talk about these please give example to me of how I am hurting CIg as a company. 

O k after 10 years I don't even have a game. There is no gameplay for a lot of ships I own.

I was misled by marketing over the constellation phoenix and 890 jump.

There are certain people who harass me and cyberstalk me for my views over products I own on the spectrum

this only proves that CIG and star citizen is a scam. It also says the mods and star citizen community is very insecure with such subjects. I have a lot more to say and show Here but right now kinda busy right now so I will be back later to talk about the Origin ship sale yesterday. I was busy working so I kinda didn't have time to reply.

lastly what makes you think I will wait around 10 years more for this game that is still in per-alpha state?

I might be dead or dye in the future and never see this game come to light.
    Kyleran
    edited December 2021
    MaxBacon said:

where is my game at? that I pledged over 10 years go please humour me I can wait!

Letter from the Chairman: $28 Million!
    source link

Where does say the 890 jump is a transport ship, please
    Where does it say that 890 jump is just touring  ship, please
    Where does it say the 890 jump is curse liner, please
    Where does it say the 890 jump is a useless ship
    where does it say the 890 jump is just a role-playing ship, please.

I am just warming up here with my thoughts.

you sir are 100% right I should have never ever trusted Chris Roberts that is how I see your comment.

someone even gave a picture of an advertisement of the 890 jump being an exploration ship without me on the spectrum

there are star citizen backers who make confessions here the 890 jump was always an exploration ship.

890J Exploration Role

So how come the star citizen community on Reddit could not make that confession but downvoted me and called me a lair?

How come these CIg game devs can't make the confession the 890 jump has the role of exploration here?

However, I am banned and told I twist words?

I am wondering how much money did you put into star citizen?

EDIT: legal definition of purchase
    '"To buy; the transfer of property from one person to another by an agreement. Under the Uniform Commercial Code (UCC), taking by sale, discount, negotiation, mortgage, pledge, lien, issue, reissue, gift, or any voluntary transaction" https://dictionary.findlaw.com/definition/purchase.html

quote," Btw, a brochure that includes technical specs qualifies as sale documentation, and "subject to change" disclaimers don't allow everything. That's why many companies including Apple (misleading 4G Ipad ad) have been fined in the past."

source of qoute

Kyleran
This discussion has been closed.