Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rift Getting First Major Update in Years in 2022, New Details on Gamigo's Mystery MMO and More | MMO

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited November 2021 in News & Features Discussion

imageRift Getting First Major Update in Years in 2022, New Details on Gamigo's Mystery MMO and More | MMORPG.com

In the future-looking details in MGI's latest financial report are some hints for the future. Looks like Rift will get its first major update in years in Q1 2022, and there's info on upcoming events, and Gamigo's mystery MMO.

Read the full story here

Comments

• urriel1970urriel1970 Member UncommonPosts: 120
    wow..could it be...is it possible...do dreams come true.....
    BrokenSilence
  • renegeedrenegeed Member UncommonPosts: 55

wow..could it be...is it possible...do dreams come true.....

Better hope that dream doesn't become a nightmare, it's Gamigo we are dealing with after all.
    Strizzy12
  • TimBerzzTimBerzz Newbie CommonPosts: 6
    The update may be the Planar Incursions gear grind that was on the Public Test Realm back in Jan. 2021. The player feedback was not very positive. One player summed it up as "TONS of farming (90k notoriety is back!) for neglectable gains and no fresh gameplay options."

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-discussions/public-test-shard/514159-planar-incursions-phase-1-feedback-thread.html

[Deleted User]doomex
  • BrokenSilenceBrokenSilence Member UncommonPosts: 321
    The only reason Gamigo gives two shits about Rift now is because they lost the license for Archeage/Archeage Unchained.

I am happy for those who love and play Rift though. I hope the change in focus doesn't come with horrible changes to the game.
    doomexStrizzy12
  • Skavak70Skavak70 Newbie CommonPosts: 2
    you know as well as i do this will turn rift into a s,,t show
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    expect a update to the cash shop is gamigo afterall
    GreatnessStrizzy12
  • rosepetal870rosepetal870 Member UncommonPosts: 77
    probably an expansion for rift ? and this new mmorpg they are talking about i dont see it coming to console .it will get burned down on pc as we all know how gamigo is. gamigo proved even bad for archeage then trion was .
  • rosepetal870rosepetal870 Member UncommonPosts: 77

The only reason Gamigo gives two shits about Rift now is because they lost the license for Archeage/Archeage Unchained.

I am happy for those who love and play Rift though. I hope the change in focus doesn't come with horrible changes to the game.

well you have to factor this that they own rift . they didnot own archeage . they were leased or licensed archeage .
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    I still remember playing this at launch. It was such a great experience. I truly enjoyed it especially the busy rifts and everyone being there it was what an MMORPG experience should be like. The soul system was very clever. I loved it.
    TokkenTacticalZombeh

• MalathoosMalathoos Member UncommonPosts: 199
    Still love Rift tons of choices and love the Rift mini events. wish the game got some real love

• PieladyPielady Newbie CommonPosts: 2
    edited November 2021
    Some of us never left Rift. :D Very exciting news.
  • titanofdoomtitanofdoom Member UncommonPosts: 263
    Played it since the 6 close beta tests...not for some time however, this ol' classic needs some love!
    Perennially extricating the extraneous