Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Change of Contracting Entity (Blizzard)

etlaretlar Member UncommonPosts: 855
edited November 2021 in The Pub at MMORPG.COM
Hi Guys

i Recieved this mail from blizzard today, im not an active player of any blizzard games, but i was a little confused about the statement in the email.

i will copy it here, can someone tell me what it actually means?  :)

"
Notification of Change of Contracting Entity
Dragonreborn,

As part of the change in our distribution, the Blizzard games you play and services you use, including Battle.net, (“Platform”) will be provided by Activision Blizzard UK Limited after 31 December 2021 . Therefore, the End User Licence Agreement (EULA) and the Terms of Sale with Blizzard Entertainment SAS will terminate. Your account, games’ level, achievements, rankings and history, as well as digital content and services will still be available to you unchanged. Going forward, your relationship will be with Activision Blizzard UK Limited from 1 January 2022 and your new EULA and Terms of Sale will remain the same.
AlBQuirky

Comments

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203
    What's complicated about it?  The services are changing to a different entity, apparently within the same overall company, and as such the EULA will end with the current entity.  The new entity will continue to provide the services and that requires acceptance of a new EULA, since the old one pertains to the original company entity.  The EULA could be, and likely will be, 100% identical to the previous one.  It's a technicality.
    AlBQuirkyetlar
  • etlaretlar Member UncommonPosts: 855
    edited November 2021
    Thank you, i had just woken up, and posted it as the first thing, sorry if i didnt quite get it, and yes, it seems rather simple when you put it like that.

And speaking of EULA's if you read Amazonz Eula, in point 42.10
    it will tell you the amazon own lumberyard, unless the world is being eating by zombies, then we can use it, litterally ;)

here it is : 

42.10. Acceptable Use; Safety-Critical Systems. Your use of the Lumberyard Materials must comply with the AWS Acceptable Use Policy. The Lumberyard Materials are not intended for use with life-critical or safety-critical systems, such as use in operation of medical equipment, automated transportation systems, autonomous vehicles, aircraft or air traffic control, nuclear facilities, manned spacecraft, or military use in connection with live combat. However, this restriction will not apply in the event of the occurrence (certified by the United States Centers for Disease Control or successor body) of a widespread viral infection transmitted via bites or contact with bodily fluids that causes human corpses to reanimate and seek to consume living human flesh, blood, brain or nerve tissue and is likely to result in the fall of organized civilization.

i had a laugh when i read this ;))