Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Taking My Own Advice

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• RungarRungar Member RarePosts: 1,132
    players laziness is often worse than the developers. Sadly. 
    AlBQuirky
    .05 of a second to midnight
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    I hit 50 then stopped playing for a plethora of reasons. It has so many good stuff and I wish for all the people who enjoy it many happy hours. I knew it wasn't going to be the kind of game I'd like to play in the long run, it was just there and I played it. 
    laseritAlBQuirky
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2021
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    Gone are the days when shopping for new gear was a literal full day process of running, or in the case of SWG planet hoping. I don't think that many players these days have patience for old school sandbox mechanics. Back in the day it was the way it was and you dealt with it, now people know there are other options and that complaining works.

As for me when I shopped in this game I just paid whatever local prices where. I rarely went around looking for the best deal since most items where under priced anyways. Maybe this system just can't work in a mainstream MMO unless it's some kind of super mega server with all players on one server like EVE.
    AlBQuirky
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Wargfoot said:

In New World  the are combining all the trading posts so any sense of regional trade has just been destroyed.
    Instead of making changes that make trade more interesting they just flattened it to one big open market.
    Apparently, the community found merchants running back and forth between outposts to be an offensive way to make gold.

Running back and forth wasn't the problem. The azoth cost of fast travel was - that was what needed fixing, not the amalgamation into one server-wide AH.

It's not an issue when you're low level and your playable world is the first 4 territories, Running from Windsward to Everfall is no biggie to get your garlic cheaper. First Light to Ebonscale to get iron hide is a different proposition. Not many would walk that and the azoth cost after you're loaded up would be close to 200.

I'm not crazy about that particular change either but I see where they're coming from.
    KyleranAlBQuirky
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    My feel is Amazon is more interested numbers over game quality. When they saw that a pure PvP game was not getting the traction they hoped, they switched over. Every move they have made, has been to get a larger share of players. My guess, this will continue. To be honest, I love ESO but the trading system drives me nuts lol. IMO, this change makes NW look more interesting too me.  
    AlBQuirky
    eso trading system is more like a mafia than a system. 
    NanfoodleKyleranAlBQuirkyklash2defcheyane
  • KidRiskKidRisk Member UncommonPosts: 8
    Iselin said:
    Wargfoot said:

In New World  the are combining all the trading posts so any sense of regional trade has just been destroyed.
    Instead of making changes that make trade more interesting they just flattened it to one big open market.
    Apparently, the community found merchants running back and forth between outposts to be an offensive way to make gold.

Running back and forth wasn't the problem. The azoth cost of fast travel was - that was what needed fixing, not the amalgamation into one server-wide AH.

It's not an issue when you're low level and your playable world is the first 4 territories, Running from Windsward to Everfall is no biggie to get your garlic cheaper. First Light to Ebonscale to get iron hide is a different proposition. Not many would walk that and the azoth cost after you're loaded up would be close to 200.

I'm not crazy about that particular change either but I see where they're coming from.
    Greetings,

Long time lurker of these forums. 

I see the complaint about Azoth and fast travel a great deal. 

Do you play the game? And by this I mean: faction missions, town board quests, take some time to take out corrupted invasions? I do these things while using fast travel heavily and its very rare for me to run out of Azoth. 

I see corrupted invasions' in most of the zones and watch players just run by them, ignoring them. That's Azoth waiting to be harvested. You may not like the amount, but its far from "impossible" to earn Azoth.

Kid
    NanfoodleKyleranAlBQuirky
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2021
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    KidRisk said:
    Iselin said:
    Wargfoot said:

Greetings,

Long time lurker of these forums. 

I see the complaint about Azoth and fast travel a great deal. 

Do you play the game? And by this I mean: faction missions, town board quests, take some time to take out corrupted invasions? I do these things while using fast travel heavily and its very rare for me to run out of Azoth. 

I see corrupted invasions' in most of the zones and watch players just run by them, ignoring them. That's Azoth waiting to be harvested. You may not like the amount, but its far from "impossible" to earn Azoth.

Kid
    Yes I do know the sources for farming azoth and I use them but the fact that azoth has a low cap of 1000 and is also used in crafting makes its consumption very relative and personal depending on what you do.

I use a lot of mine not for shopping for good deals but rather for traveling to towns that have the particular crafting station leveled up enough for what I need to craft.

Once your crafting is leveled up enough and with invasions being poorly defended more often than not, resulting in random crafting stations losing a level, there is a lot more far away travel involved than if you just park yourself in an area and grind elites or portals.
    KyleranAlBQuirky
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
     shut up Scorch
    KidRiskConstantineMeruslaseritAlBQuirky
    Scorchien said:
     shut up Scorch
    No, i want to hear it...err read it..lol..
    AlBQuirky
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Wargfoot said:
    Scorchien said:
     shut up Scorch
    Your analysis of New World was the ranting of a lunatic.
    My thoughts are well reasoned poetry.

Hmm .. .. Nooo noo no ... nn    n ,...n n n n n n n  NOOOOO
    KidRiskAlBQuirky
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Funny, I'm a well reasoned lunatic. We all 3 should hang out and share our rants and poems. 
    ScorchienAlBQuirky
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    You're a poet, and did not know it.  You're a ranter and I like your banter.
    KyleranConstantineMerusAlBQuirkyScot

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

Funny, I'm a well reasoned lunatic. We all 3 should hang out and share our rants and poems. 

There once was a girl from Nantucket ...

bahh n/vm .. thats a ban
    ConstantineMerusAlBQuirky
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432
    Scorchien said:

There once was a girl from Nantucket ...

bahh n/vm .. thats a ban

Now you're on MY intellectual level! :lol:
    Scorchien

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    I just hit lvl 60 and i knew by about lvl 20 or so that im only playing to hit level 60.

Game is nice but shallow, no redeeming quality, no innovation, kind of soulless to be honest. 

So you hit 60, grind for some nicer gear and then what?
    AlBQuirky
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    edited November 2021
    The idea it was too much bother to use fast travel to check out other markets shows you where we are today in MMOland. New World does have a special problem here though, the launch was so bad they feel a need to give the players something. That's always a problem for developers, players don't actually always know whats best for the game but the design team feel they have to listen, here far worse as pandering to whatever the vocal part of the community says makes it look like they are doing something amidst the storm of launch.
    AlBQuirkyBrainyMendel
  • KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,166
    Much the same happened in Shroud of the Avatar. At first each bank was independent of the others, and fast travel was quite limited. The idea was that regional economies would develop due to that. That too fell to the wayside, replaced by universal banks and quick and easy fast travel to just about everywhere.
    AlBQuirky
  • Hawkaya399Hawkaya399 Member RarePosts: 620
    edited November 2021
    I used to struggle with things like this in MMORPGs. I was also big on sandbox and 'non-linear' stuff. Oftentimes others who didn't like what I liked would just label it grind. And I argued with them until I learned to walk away.

There IS a middleground where we can all meet. There're ways for a game to give us all something to do without stepping on too many toes. It might mean a few compromises, but lets stop for a moment and rmember the biggest reason we CONTINUE playing is for the friends we make and the memories we make together.

How do I say this? I feel like that's all we really have. All our money and wealth and possessions are lifeless. But a brother or sister, or mother or father? A friend? That's something. Thinking back on the MMO's I played, it's the players and the guilds I remember most, not the sword or the armor item or the extra armor class I worked hard for. Sure I can remember those things, but alone they're dead.

Post edited by Hawkaya399 on
    AlBQuirky
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Tiller said:
    Gone are the days when shopping for new gear was a literal full day process of running, or in the case of SWG planet hoping. I don't think that many players these days have patience for old school sandbox mechanics. Back in the day it was the way it was and you dealt with it, now people know there are other options and that complaining works.

As for me when I shopped in this game I just paid whatever local prices where. I rarely went around looking for the best deal since most items where under priced anyways. Maybe this system just can't work in a mainstream MMO unless it's some kind of super mega server with all players on one server like EVE.

WoW changed all that and spoiled the players to a point of no return.....Everything had to be fast and easy....IF there was any work or tedium involved then the players throw a fit.....
    TillerAlBQuirky
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    Tiller said:

WoW changed all that and spoiled the players to a point of no return.....Everything had to be fast and easy....IF there was any work or tedium involved then the players throw a fit.....

I literally remember just spending a whole day doing tasks people would consider boring in games now. Like running point for one of my guildes who speced all his pool points into action stats so he could grind crafting traits for JTL. He had no health pool or mind pool to fight mobs off while he ran around our city on Lok; going back and forth between his workshops and harvesters spread all over. Or spending the whole day on Dath grinding Baz Nitches for hours to fill a prof out. The Warren was a good place too; then again most of the Warren you jut set a macro and sit back and BS with the guild. To be honest I'm not even sure I would have the patience these days for it.  
    AlBQuirky
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter