Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I would like Eve except....

kaibigan34kaibigan34 Member Posts: 1,508

No chase cam that I can find. I hate having to continually adjust the view.

-and-

No direct pilot controls. The AI does the flying.

Other then that I actually liked it. But sorry not worth it to me. However it does look awesome. Nothing negative to say about it except the above.

Kai

Comments

• scaramooshscaramoosh Member Posts: 3,424

Well chase cam wouldn't be very good for the game seeing as u need to look around.

The point and click move around thing suits the game well, seeing the nature of the game it's nothing like SWG space.

---------------------------------------------
    Don't click here...no2

• ElnatorElnator Member Posts: 6,077

It's not entirely my cup of tea either but it's better than dealing with the constant bungling of the SWG Dev team :)

Currently Playing: Dungeons and Dragons Online.
    Sig image Pending
    Still in: A couple Betas

• IcoGamesIcoGames Member Posts: 2,360

Don't worry, Eve tends to grow on you. ^_^
    I've played casually for a few weeks now and have started to really enjoy the game. My only gripe is in the method of gaining skills really.

Ico
    Oh, cruel fate, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones. It bones for thee.

• pistolierpistolier Member Posts: 91

it takes a while to get into but other than that it is the best mmorpg around.

by the way elnator why did you stop playing swg?
    i know it was because of some nerfing or the other but no one was really clear on what was actually nerfed.

Patch 22 was the final straw for me. Basically I have never been a 'fanboi' of any MMO I play. I play them till they're not fun anymore. SWG crossed over with all the changes to my chosen profession. I didn't like the changes to the mission terms for BH at all. Hiding the names till getting the droid was plenty. Hiding the payouts killed it for me. Not for the typical reason though. Once they hid the payout I had no way of avoiding killing padawans.

I was never a BH to grief people grinding Jedi. I was a BH because I enjoyed the challenge of fighting Jedi Knights (or Padawans with very finished templates). I *never* took a mission under 190k (and usually not under 220k). The changes to the BH terms decreased my fun dramatically. The 'boss mob' encounters added were kind of cool. Then they put in patch 22 and that was my 'final straw'.

They backed it out but then announced the new mini expansion (which you have to pay for) which is 100% catered to Jedi and that pretty much killed it for me. I've long felt that Jedi shouldn't be in the game, or at least should suffer permadeath and sabre tef. They're making it Star Wars Galaxies: Jedi Wars more and more and I just didn't sign up for that.

So I left. And I'm not going back unless they open a jedi-free server at this point. Jedi just imbalance the game for every other profession. If I wanted to play Jedi-Wars I can fire up Jedi Academy and play it online.

Sig image Pending

So far I enjoy EVE. I'm finding the skill system pretty annoying though. I really don't like that you can only learn 1 skill at a time. How realistic is that? The spaceflight used to reallly bother me back in Beta but I guess my perspective has changed over time because it really doesn't bother me anymore.

I think the only thing that I *dis-like* about EVE is the time-gated skill system. And even then it wouldn't be bad if you could train 2 or 3 skills simultaneously. It's not like it would harm the game at all. Hell even if you could train 3 skills at a time it'd still take years to train every skill to max... YEARS.

My only other annoyance that I can think of is a minor one: Travel takes a bit too long. It's not a big deal for journeys shorter than 4 or 5 jumps. But once you get up to 6+ it starts to get really annoying. Especially in slower ships. They could fix that by just having autopilot drop out of warp closer to the gates. 15km out is a bit much. I actually fell asleep during an 8 jump trip waiting for my ship to get where I was going.

Sig image Pending