Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Finally...proven a scam

HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
Watch the video before posting. Link

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

BabuinixKyleranbcbully

Comments

• BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    edited November 2021
    Hatefull said:

Fixed your link:

:D
    HatefulllaxieMensur
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,407
    Naw I'm not feelin it!

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355
    Hatefull said:
    No.  Claiming that watching a 22 minute video is mandatory before replying to an incendiary thread title is invalid.
    KyleranVrikaYashaXTalmienMendelHatefullScotbcbullyRoinConstantineMerusand 3 others.
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    Babuinix said:
    Hatefull said:

Fixed your link:

Damn can't argue with that :(
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,011
    ScotMensurRoin[Deleted User]
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • DjijinDjijin Member UncommonPosts: 108
    lol. Honestly, that says a lot about online opinions.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    Only way I'd ever watch a SC video...

Those backers be crazy...
    KidRiskYashaXBabuinixMensur[Deleted User]AngryElf[Deleted User]

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    "Finally"????
  • LackingMMOLackingMMO Member RarePosts: 664
    looks like a mix of mass effect and elite dangerous
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,407
    You can tell just watching a few minutes what the OP was doing...is quite funny tbh!
    Hatefull

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    lol I post this stuff because I love laughing at willful ignorance!

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,985
    edited November 2021
    I believe it will launch, just not sure you will get the game/s(?) you think is/are on the way. If anything I hold out more hope for SQ42 as its single player, just because they are easier to make. I see no sandbox open world MMORPG's that have survived even what ten years? Maybe you know one that has, not one that was reopened on private servers or anything one that's actually been here as long as WoW, Lotro or even ESO? That does not mean it cannot be a monetary success mind you, just not viable long term.

Bottom line I can't see SC as a open world sandbox lasting half as long as it has taken to create it. I hope I am wrong, we need a big WoW like success but just not seeing it.

klash2def
  • DattelisDattelis Member RarePosts: 1,457
    videos are supposedly monetized on youtube if they are over 8 minutes, so which one is the real scam I wonder....
    KyleranRoin[Deleted User]
    Hatefull said:
    lol I post this stuff because I love laughing at willful ignorance!
    And we love laughing at yo...err I mean with you...

:)
    DattelisWhiteLanternklash2def

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    Few years late on this bud
  • olepiolepi Member EpicPosts: 2,829
    I don't think of it as a scam. If you know up front that you aren't buying a game, and are really just voluntarily contributing to the effort to make a game, then it isn't a scam.

If you play whatever they have for a few hours or days, and had fun, then you probably got your money's worth if you contributed the minimum amount. $45 only buys a fews hours of entertainment anyway in a lot of cases.

To me it's not really a scam, more like a tragicomedy. The poster child for how not to run a large development effort.

But I think most of them are really trying.

KyleranTemp0klash2defHatefull

------------
    2024: 47 years on the Net.

• BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    Clearly a ScAm of the highest order :D

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Your link is dead, Jim.
    Kyleran
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• BrainyBrainy Member EpicPosts: 2,038
    Scot said:
    I see no sandbox open world MMORPG's that have survived even what ten years? Maybe you know one that has, not one that was reopened on private servers or anything one that's actually been here as long as WoW, Lotro or even ESO? That does not mean it cannot be a monetary success mind you, just not viable long term.

Bottom line I can't see SC as a open world sandbox lasting half as long as it has taken to create it. I hope I am wrong, we need a big WoW like success but just not seeing it.

What are you calling UO?
    Hatefull
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    Brainy said:
    Scot said:
    I see no sandbox open world MMORPG's that have survived even what ten years? Maybe you know one that has, not one that was reopened on private servers or anything one that's actually been here as long as WoW, Lotro or even ESO? That does not mean it cannot be a monetary success mind you, just not viable long term.

What are you calling UO?

EVE came out in 2003
    Hatefull
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,985
    edited November 2021
    Utinni said:
    Brainy said:
    Scot said:

What are you calling UO?

EVE came out in 2003
    You can steer me right then as I have played neither of those. I think UO split servers because the the open world PvP did not go down well, how did that work out? EVE has various ways of mitigating the open world aspect like safe zones?
  • klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949
    edited November 2021

You're right. Star Citizen is absolutely not a scam. I believe you.  
    FrodoFraginsChampieHatefull
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    edited November 2021
    Scot said:
    Utinni said:
    Brainy said:
    Scot said:

What are you calling UO?

EVE came out in 2003
    You can steer me right then as I have played neither of those. I think UO split servers because the the open world PvP did not go down well, how did that work out? EVE has various ways of mitigating the open world aspect like safe zones?
    Felucca is UO open world full loot pvp , and still pretty popular today with UO players .. It really worked out well for the UO  community imo , as players can come and go from Fel as they choose , I and my guild spend alot of time there.   It's fun and has some really good benefits
    Scot
  • JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Scot said:

When the suicide ganking started years ago in EVE Online, there is no longer any safe zone in EVE Online either.
    Kyleran[Deleted User]Hatefull
    JeroKane said:
    Scot said:

When the suicide ganking started years ago in EVE Online, there is no longer any safe zone in EVE Online either.
    Neither game would considered more than moderately successful in this day and age.
    ScotHatefull