Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WoW vs GW

2»

Comments

• LasastardLasastard Member Posts: 604

All this competition between WoW and GW players (or should I say "fanbois")...is so sickening, lol

You guys have really serious issues to define yourself through a game and placing yourself moraly above others because they play a game you dont like...

Thats just sick sick sick and incredibly sad

• LainLain Member Posts: 52

hmm.. comparing WoW graphics with GW is like nonsense.. WoW is cartoonish and GW from what I saw is realistic but that doesnt means WoW has lower graphics! WoW uses a new kind of 3D graphics that to be true, I hadnt seen in another MMORPG yet and I must say I'm quite happy with WoW. The more MMORPGs get developed, the more graphic realistic they'll get and sooner or later the player that now only judge a MMORPG by their graphics will start to understand that there is a little more then just that on a MMORPG..

In my opinion, you must have in mind what you expect from a MMORPG.. GW is all diablo2 style.. when you party outside town you only see those that are in your party.. so the only place in which you can actualy be with other players is inside cities.. soo, is this your defenition of a MMORPG? Not to me for sure.. if I wanted a game with no fee and with this kind of limitations I would simply play any good looking graphics single-player RPG in the market.

For me a MMORPG is a persistent virtual world, where you can interact with other player in very different ways, by helping out, by kidding around, anything. And GW kinda cuts your legs on that point.

I've been in Ragnarok Online for like 3years, passed to Final Fantasy XI Online and I'm now also playing WoW and I must say that at the beginning I also got like "waa.. kids graphics" but well, WoW has plenty more then that and the game's graphics kinda gets the player after awhile :P

WoW gives you movement freedom as you can get in whatever hole you want, even if you get stuck in a cliff in which you shouldnt be, just use the handy UNSTUCK option to get free. You can swim, jump, fall cliffes :P no "invisible safe walls" to prevent the player from going to certain places or from falling..

WoW is also PVP friendly ^_^ and I must say it's one of the best I've found!

To conclude, in my opinion GW has much right to be considered a MMORPG as Diablo2 has.. -_-U and all this over rating of GW is only due to one thing, kids dont like to pay-to-play and so, there is nothing better then a good-looking-realistic-no-fee game to catch all these fishies from the MMORPG world.

I kinda consider GW the net that gets those winners and quitters you sometimes see in MMORPGs outta there. ~_~ leaving some space for true MMORPGers :P

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

this thread is hillarious. the Guild Wars fanbois yelling "omg, your just a wow fanboi!11one". WoW a kids game? i call games like hello kitty and pokemon kids game's. not an mmorpg like WoW. and your comment "WoW has a cartoony style so it MUST be for kids!11" Guild Wars aims at realism, WoW wants to bring the warcraft and fantasy feeling with this style. WoW has more content then Guild Wars (if you do not realise this, then you can call yourself an official Guild Wars Fanboi) wich is normal, since you pay a monthly fee+the box, while guild wars only requires the box.

"OMG LOLOL! but teh guild wars gets teh expansions!11one"

yeah, and what makes you think WoW wont get any?

for the pvp, you can debate about this. "guild wars is aimed at pvp!!11".

so is WoW, but wow just also has a lot of more pve content added then GW does.

the community:

World of Warcraft's community is immature. lots of kids playing on their daddy's credit card.
    Guild Wars community is beyond words. all kids who are not allowed to pay to play come to Guild Wars. everytime i log in, there were people calling each other gay, told each other to stfu etc. EVERY time!. heck, they were even braggin about how long their...well, you know what and if logged in about 12~15 times.

and guild wars players don't brag about Guild Wars..? is this your first time at an online gaming forum or something? "OMG! Guild Wars is like the best game ever made!", oh how many times havent i seen this? and to the person stating all WoW players are kids..come now, how old are you? 14? 15? you consider yourself mature?

i'm not going to bother trying to explain to fanbois why WoW is better again. just remember this, you get what you pay for. if you have the money, or your parents will pay for you, then get WoW and notice the diffrence between quality. if you don't, then just have fun with Guild Wars.

• LainLain Member Posts: 52

^_^U I dont think there is a need to be so agressive Gameloading, personaly I hate GW for the reasons I stated before but well, I prefer to have these kids playing GW other then playing WoW :P Personaly I've never seen that kinda behaviour in WoW ^_^

I also cant imagine WoW with realistic 3D graphics other then the cartoonish.. I think that WoW with realistic graphics would have lost himself from the saga >_<

Now, about GW and WoW.. all I can say is, play and let play! If you luv GW, dont bother coming to WoW :P

Originally posted by Lain

^_^U I dont think there is a need to be so agressive Gameloading, personaly I hate GW for the reasons I stated before but well, I prefer to have these kids playing GW other then playing WoW :P Personaly I've never seen that kinda behaviour in WoW ^_^
    I also cant imagine WoW with realistic 3D graphics other then the cartoonish.. I think that WoW with realistic graphics would have lost himself from the saga >_<
    Now, about GW and WoW.. all I can say is, play and let play! If you luv GW, dont bother coming to WoW :P

yeah, maybe i was to agresive in that post. i'm just tired of it. on every mmorpg forum i come i see these "GW Vs this, GW vs That. threads and the "i give wow a 4 because it sux! and GW a 9 because it has better graphics! No, you give WoW a 4 because you can't pay for it, and GW a 9 because its f2p! or when somebody asks a question about WoW, immidiatly the fan bois charge in saying "GW is much better then WoW!". i personally have just too many bad experiences with Guild Wars players. please don't take my previous post offencive.
  • CaptainRPGCaptainRPG Member Posts: 794

Originally posted by Gameloading

this thread is hillarious. the Guild Wars fanbois yelling "omg, your just a wow fanboi!11one". WoW a kids game? i call games like hello kitty and pokemon kids game's. not an mmorpg like WoW. and your comment "WoW has a cartoony style so it MUST be for kids!11" Guild Wars aims at realism, WoW wants to bring the warcraft and fantasy feeling with this style. WoW has more content then Guild Wars (if you do not realise this, then you can call yourself an official Guild Wars Fanboi) wich is normal, since you pay a monthly fee+the box, while guild wars only requires the box.
    "OMG LOLOL! but teh guild wars gets teh expansions!11one"

yeah, and what makes you think WoW wont get any?
    for the pvp, you can debate about this. "guild wars is aimed at pvp!!11".
    so is WoW, but wow just also has a lot of more pve content added then GW does.
    the community:
    World of Warcraft's community is immature. lots of kids playing on their daddy's credit card.
    Guild Wars community is beyond words. all kids who are not allowed to pay to play come to Guild Wars. everytime i log in, there were people calling each other gay, told each other to stfu etc. EVERY time!. heck, they were even braggin about how long their...well, you know what and if logged in about 12~15 times.
    and guild wars players don't brag about Guild Wars..? is this your first time at an online gaming forum or something? "OMG! Guild Wars is like the best game ever made!", oh how many times havent i seen this? and to the person stating all WoW players are kids..come now, how old are you? 14? 15? you consider yourself mature?
    i'm not going to bother trying to explain to fanbois why WoW is better again. just remember this, you get what you pay for. if you have the money, or your parents will pay for you, then get WoW and notice the diffrence between quality. if you don't, then just have fun with Guild Wars.

Thank you, I was just  about to reply with the same thing.
  • ZeffyZeffy Member Posts: 11

OK, I don't like to pvp and I like to nearly always solo. Which game would suit me best?

if your looking for one of the new mmorpg's, then i would pick WoW and play on a PvE server. but if your looking for the best solo game would be Ragnarok Online (www.ragnarokonline.com)
  • jd269jd269 Member Posts: 225

As someone who has played both, rather than just looked at screenshots, I would rate them both very highly, and have to say that both cater to different players... GW is really all about PvP at this stage, the PvE only lasts a very short amount of time... WoW is great for both PvE and now with battlegrounds for PvP also, but if you're looking to get a game that you can step right into, not need to level to compete in PvP, or have only a short time to play, GW is your game. The PvP is quite different... in GW individual skill is much more important.

• SpiderSlayerSpiderSlayer Member Posts: 4
    Personally I Love GW I have played more than 200 hr. on this game so far and it is great. On the other hand WoW Is also one of the best MMORPG's on the market great graphics and many many people. Over all I prefer GW over WoW because, Even tho there both Very Very good games, I don't want to pay a monthly fee to have fun. That is just my personal opinion.image
  • VyavaVyava Member Posts: 893

I would rate WoW and Gw pretty close in value personally. YOU get more PvE in WoW and more story, but you pay more for it (in monthly fees). Yout get less exploiting in GW but it cost you dramatically less. There are games i prefer over both, and there are games i dislike more than either.

The difference is GW eeks ahead just because it is always up when other games are updating and has no fee. I have have been stuck at "authenticating" too many times on weekends and have had every update in wow take an average of 2+ extra hours to not take a monthly fee into account.

• mcrainmcrain Member Posts: 5

To be honest I think the WoW guys are mad because GW is rated higher on the main page thats all it is.

• PeeksPeeks Member Posts: 12
    I think Guild Wars is fun, but not for the average gamer (I do also belong to that class).

Originally posted by mcrain

To be honest I think the WoW guys are mad because GW is rated higher on the main page thats all it is.

i doubt it. everybody knows the game was/is overhyped. also GW isn't an mmorpg. so nobody really care's.
  • mcrainmcrain Member Posts: 5

To be honest I think the WoW guys are mad because GW is rated higher on the main page thats all it is.i doubt it. everybody knows the game was/is overhyped. also GW isn't an mmorpg. so nobody really care's.

See that is why they are mad. It isn't an MMORPG and it still got higher ratings then the biggest mmo out right now. If I was a WoW player I would be pissed. And trust me GW isn't goin anywhere but up. I'm not the kinda guy to come on here and bash a game, like it has been said both games are very different, it all depends on how you like to play. If you want excessive grind choose WoW if you want a game made for PvP choose GW it's that simple.

i doubt it. everybody knows the game was/is overhyped. also GW isn't an mmorpg. so nobody really care's.

See that is why they are mad. It isn't an MMORPG and it still got higher ratings then the biggest mmo out right now. If I was a WoW player I would be pissed. And trust me GW isn't goin anywhere but up. I'm not the kinda guy to come on here and bash a game, like it has been said both games are very different, it all depends on how you like to play. If you want excessive grind choose WoW if you want a game made for PvP choose GW it's that simple.

please reas my previous posts again.
    and if somebody would be pissed because his game is not on top of the list, then that person is just sad. really sad.
  • jeb2jeb2 Member Posts: 22

Originally posted by Sparks243

Have you ever heard the pharse you can't compare Apples to Oranges?
    Well that's like comparing WoW to GW, they are both online games, and they both have a lot of players, but they are different enough that you can not compare the two.

This is exactly how i see this comparison, both games are for different types of people.  End of Story.image