Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WoW vs GW

AseenusAseenus Member UncommonPosts: 1,844

Many people will say GW is a kids game, take a look at both there graphics and you make up your mind!

WoW looks like a kiddy cartoon with too much fantasy! GW looks real, and for those who are saying GW has bad graphics, your blinde ;)

Id rate WoW 6/10 where as Guild Wars 9/10

Dont come in here and flame about how bad GW's roleplaying is because its not role playing, its PVP based!

Comments

• CaptainRPGCaptainRPG Member Posts: 794

Originally posted by Aseenus

Many people will say GW is a kids game, take a look at both there graphics and you make up your mind!
    WoW looks like a kiddy cartoon with too much fantasy! GW looks real, and for those who are saying GW has bad graphics, your blinde ;)
    Dont come in here and flame about how bad GW's roleplaying is because its not role playing, its PVP based!

Here's my quote to a WoW topic.

"I wish people would stop making these "I know what's wrong with WoW" topics. There isn't anything with WoW people. It has 3.5 million subscribers so obviously it's doing something RIGHT for that many people to join. Guild Wars fans brag that GW is superior in everyway, yet GW only had 200,000 during beta and 4 months later only gained 400,000 more where as WoW amassed 500,000 players during beta and gain more 700,000 in the very same time period. Might I add that Guild Wars was rejected by the Asian Market, which widely accepts most MMORPGs.

Even though ANET made enough to successfully spawn a sequel; hopefully, the company has learned that gameplay with little content, can't keep players entertained for long. GWs updates, which have been so overhype, are nothing more than an attempt to fix the many bugs in the game. The game was half-ass and delievered with little content. If you don't believe me, look at the update archives. You'll see more "fix bug" updates then content updates. Their added content in the past has torn the game into pieces due to their poor testing ability of the added content and with the lack of in-game moderation, the game community make nigh unbearable for minority players to exist in such a game.

Again, if the "hardcore" players you speak for do not like what's going on in WoW, this game would be generating the same numbers as EQ2 and GW. If anything, a game with 300,000 players to 600,000 players is pretty average since most of todays top games open/sale up to 1 million players. So it's safe to say that you do not know what's wrong with WoW and moreover, what you are reflecting in your rant is just your a personal opinion."

• kleangkleang Member UncommonPosts: 25

Wow have many base customer from Warcraft (multi-million).   That's why they have many beta tester and many subscriber.   Every old fan of Warcraft want to try Wow, may love it or hate it but must try it.  While Gw is start from zero base customer. 

Also, Wow customized to many region (really customize, not just add language for chat).   They have more than 1 million from only China while Gw rarely support Asian.   But  Gw is one of best seller in Asian market.  It's already out of stock in Thailand as I checked yesterday and it's one of best seller game in Singapore.  Dont know where you got the information.

• Sparks243Sparks243 Member Posts: 271

Have you ever heard the pharse you can't compare Apples to Oranges?

Well that's like comparing WoW to GW, they are both online games, and they both have a lot of players, but they are different enough that you can not compare the two.

Originally posted by kleang

Wow have many base customer from Warcraft (multi-million).   That's why they have many beta tester and many subscriber.   Every old fan of Warcraft want to try Wow, may love it or hate it but must try it.  While Gw is start from zero base customer. 

When EQ started, the game had 300,000 between opening and beta where as GW had only 200,000 customers during it's time. And again, the name has nothing to do with it.

EverQquest and Lineage are well known names, but it didn't save them from utter failure with EQ2 and L2. EQ2 is around 200,000 to 250,000 players and steadily going to 300,000 now. Names have nothing to do with it.

Also, Wow customized to many region (really customize, not just add language for chat).   They have more than 1 million from only China while Gw rarely support Asian.   But  Gw is one of best seller in Asian market.  It's already out of stock in Thailand as I checked yesterday and it's one of best seller game in Singapore.  Dont know where you got the information.

Actually, 500,000 of the players games from America alone. 200,000 came up from Europeans and 120,000 to 200,000 more came from Asian in the beginning before Battleground. It grabbed 250,000 in the USA with the anticipation of BG. At one point it was being out sold in Europe by GW, but regain it's spot after a month after GW's launch, so I'm guessing it's still selling pretty high. Even if you removed the numbers from Asian, the WoW is selling 200,000 more than GW in both those countries combined.

Better question is, where are you getting your information from?

Oh by the way, Asia took GW off the market because they couldn't use the game in internet cafes as they have with other MMORPGs. GW has translation for Korean gamers (which were done poorly might I add), but it still didn't stop them from being removed.

Originally posted by CaptainRPG

When EQ started, the game had 300,000 between opening and beta where as GW had only 200,000 customers during it's time. And again, the name has nothing to do with it.
    EverQquest and Lineage are well known names, but it didn't save them from utter failure with EQ2 and L2. EQ2 is around 200,000 to 250,000 players and steadily going to 300,000 now. Names have nothing to do with it.
    Actually, 500,000 of the players games from America alone. 200,000 came up from Europeans and 120,000 to 200,000 more came from Asian in the beginning before Battleground. It grabbed 250,000 in the USA with the anticipation of BG. At one point it was being out sold in Europe by GW, but regain it's spot after a month after GW's launch, so I'm guessing it's still selling pretty high. Even if you removed the numbers from Asian, the WoW is selling 200,000 more than GW in both those countries combined.
    Better question is, where are you getting your information from?
    Oh by the way, Asia took GW off the market because they couldn't use the game in internet cafes as they have with other MMORPGs. GW has translation for Korean gamers (which were done poorly might I add), but it still didn't stop them from being removed.

I'm play Gw since WPE and Anet report that 500,000 player on WPE.  Also, did you know what's different between Gw Beta and other games image?  That's why beta player is limitted in GW.

I know Asian info. because I'm Thai that's why I wonder why you said Gw is rejected from Asian.  image

• AseenusAseenus Member UncommonPosts: 1,844

The reason WoW has so much more players is because of the name and company! Warcraft + blizzard are allready well known and Arena Net + Guild Wars is new :P

But you wait and see once word gets around GW will have much more players then WoW ;)

I'm play Gw since WPE and Anet report that 500,000 player on WPE.  Also, did you know what's different between Gw Beta and other games image?  That's why beta player is limitted in GW.
    I know Asian info. because I'm Thai that's why I wonder why you said Gw is rejected from Asian.  image

Thailand is all but a small area: http://www.mmorpg.com/showFeature.cfm/loadFeature/196

If the MMORPG decides to go all PvE, MORPGs like GW will suffer harshly because their PvE aspects suck and they mainly focus is PvP, despite the claims of fanboys. Even with GW 2 coming out, they aren't adding an enormous amount PvE content.

I know China new law but China is not Asian (do you know which country in Asian?) and this will effect every MMORPG game (bad news is WoW already open WoW China and will suffer from this law).

Thailand no.1 game have more than 1 million player (is this small?)  and if we count all Asian country I beleive more than 5 million player here.   Asian is 1 of 4 big online game communities in Asia.

Also, I just can told you that in my Guild (alway full with 100 people), 80% are GW PvE lover and play only PvE.    I'm one of Gw PvE fan and look forward to the next chapter (hope we will back to free Ascalon from Charr. image).

I know China new law but China is not Asian (do you know which country in Asian?) and this will effect every MMORPG game (bad news is WoW already open WoW China and will suffer from this law).
    Thailand no.1 game have more than 1 million player (is this small?)  and if we count all Asian country I beleive more than 5 million player here.   Asian is 1 of 4 big online game communities in Asia.
    Also, I just can told you that in my Guild (alway full with 100 people), 80% are GW PvE lover and play only PvE.    I'm one of Gw PvE fan and look forward to the next chapter (hope we will back to free Ascalon from Charr. image).

It's doesn't even matter if you like Toilet paper, if American games picks on China's policy and GW is pretty much done. GW is a PvP dominated game and 75% players are for PvP. Takes that aspect out and GW is pretty much through. Games like WoW, EQ and Star Wars are the only games that survive such as change whereas EvE and GW would crumble since the game serious lack in those areas.

"The proposed law would prevent minors from accessing any game which features the killing of other player characters - effectively banning under 18s from a whole range of popular online titles from overtly violent games such as Counter-Strike to less obvious ones like World of Warcraft."

Source: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=10566

This Law purpose is blocking all under 18 from online game although it's said only PvP content, but that's not the main purpose of this law.  image

• SilverShadeSilverShade Member Posts: 20
    i think ur right in sayin guil;d wasra has AWSOME graphics. WoW may have have 'odd' graphics it fels just funer. image  it just feels better to lvl up in Wow than in GW, Doesnt it !?!?

The Shade

• NimgulNimgul Member Posts: 1

I think both games are great, simply diferent. (I play both)

• Wizzard005Wizzard005 Member UncommonPosts: 2

Well,  I just went to the store today and got a copy of GW,  I am not happy at all with it, I feel as I waisted 49 bucks for this game. 

I have been playing wow since it came out and I wanted to try something different,  logged into GW and everything seems nice until i started walking around. You cant walk though plants,  cant swim, cant walk by people (it pushes you away)

I guess all and all  for a free mmpg game its ok,  to how people say its better then wow?   no clue..

stay away from GW

na

Originally posted by Wizzard005

Well,  I just went to the store today and got a copy of GW,  I am not happy at all with it, I feel as I waisted 49 bucks for this game. 
    I have been playing wow since it came out and I wanted to try something different,  logged into GW and everything seems nice until i started walking around. You cant walk though plants,  cant swim, cant walk by people (it pushes you away)
    I guess all and all  for a free mmpg game its ok,  to how people say its better then wow?   no clue..
    stay away from GW

Just dont expect to see WoW clone in Gw.  If you want to walk, climb, swim, jump(the best thing in WoW, IMO) - just play WoW.    Gw use different way for travelling and both have pro and con, just open your mind.   Many great game (diablo, ds2, and most MMORPG) can't climb, swin, jump but still great and fun.  So, this is not the issue to determine good or bad game.

Just dont expect to see WoW clone in Gw.  If you want to walk, climb, swim, jump(the best thing in WoW, IMO) - just play WoW.    Gw use different way for travelling and both have pro and con, just open your mind.   Many great game (diablo, ds2, and most MMORPG) can't climb, swin, jump but still great and fun.  So, this is not the issue to determine good or bad game.

Actually, it does. Say for example a game call DeesNutz came out and it featured the climbing, walking, swimming, jumping, a good economy, a lot of conent and a similar battle system to GW, a lot of players will flock to the game and may even cancel their subscription to GW.

may even cancel their subscription to GW.

What subscription?

• CelestianCelestian Member UncommonPosts: 1,136

All these "numbers" companies spread around about copies sold, active accounts/etc is meaningless.

Show us the numbers, show us how many people are online all the time.

I don't believe for a second WoW has 3.5 million active accounts. Maybe 3.5 million accounts total but active? I doubt it.

Anyway, the real test would be to see how many is online and the only company brave enough to do that is Mythic with DAoC.

Actually, it does. Say for example a game call DeesNutz came out and it featured the climbing, walking, swimming, jumping, a good economy, a lot of conent and a similar battle system to GW, a lot of players will flock to the game and may even cancel their subscription to GW.

As spark said, what's subscription image?    

If it actually does so you mean every games are bad if they have no climbing, swimmin, jumping?   Did you really think any games can success just clone some game and add these feature then everybody will buy it?

As spark said, what's subscription image?    

A purchase made by signed order, as for a periodical for a specified period of time or for a series of performances.

Or

An agreement to receive or be given access to electronic texts or services, especially over the Internet.

or

Acceptance, as of articles of faith, demonstrated by the signing of one's name.

Do yourself a favor and don't follow up on other people's sarcasm. It only makes you look just as stupid when they are wrong or foiled.

If it actually does so you mean every games are bad if they have no climbing, swimmin, jumping?   Did you really think any games can success just clone some game and add these feature then everybody will buy it?

LOL! How many times has this game been called a Diablo-Clone. I haven't played Diablo, but I have played NWN and this game plays a lot like NWN. So yeah, you can get buy with clones and trends. (Check out the movie business.)

Lol, can't believe you still not got what's the joke in subscription fee cancellation.image
    You can have a free subscription, asshat so it wasn't. It was Spark trying to be sarcastic and you look very dumb for follow up his joke.image

You can have a free subscription

But in the case of Guild Wars you can not open a menu and just cancel subscription, the best you could do is just uninstall.

You can have a free subscription, asshat so it wasn't. It was Spark trying to be sarcastic and you look very dumb for follow up his joke.image

Lol, just let people determine who very dumb in post.   I'm sure you know by yourself.  image

And congrat, at least you now know what's the joke in your post (and try to told everyone you still right).   Just hope you can debate till everyone beleive you about subscription cancellation in GW.  image

• zeboathzeboath Member Posts: 396

Originally posted by Aseenus
    Here's my quote to a WoW topic.
    "I wish people would stop making these "I know what's wrong with WoW" topics. There isn't anything with WoW people. It has 3.5 million subscribers so obviously it's doing something RIGHT for that many people to join. Guild Wars fans brag that GW is superior in everyway, yet GW only had 200,000 during beta and 4 months later only gained 400,000 more where as WoW amassed 500,000 players during beta and gain more 700,000 in the very same time period. Might I add that Guild Wars was rejected by the Asian Market, which widely accepts most MMORPGs.
    Even though ANET made enough to successfully spawn a sequel; hopefully, the company has learned that gameplay with little content, can't keep players entertained for long. GWs updates, which have been so overhype, are nothing more than an attempt to fix the many bugs in the game. The game was half-ass and delievered with little content. If you don't believe me, look at the update archives. You'll see more "fix bug" updates then content updates. Their added content in the past has torn the game into pieces due to their poor testing ability of the added content and with the lack of in-game moderation, the game community make nigh unbearable for minority players to exist in such a game.
    Again, if the "hardcore" players you speak for do not like what's going on in WoW, this game would be generating the same numbers as EQ2 and GW. If anything, a game with 300,000 players to 600,000 players is pretty average since most of todays top games open/sale up to 1 million players. So it's safe to say that you do not know what's wrong with WoW and moreover, what you are reflecting in your rant is just your a personal opinion."

You see... GW fans don't brag... they just want to be left alone. All of you WoWfanbois keep comming over to our boards and post s*** about GW and praise WoW. It's you who are bragging about your player size and the success of GW. Somehow you still want to flame GW and it's player. So I know what is wrong with WoW. It's fanbois who can't just be happy with their game.

--------------------------------------------

• Shab_NiguratShab_Nigurat Member Posts: 64

You see... GW fans don't brag... they just want to be left alone. All of you WoWfanbois keep comming over to our boards and post s*** about GW and praise WoW. It's you who are bragging about your player size and the success of GW. Somehow you still want to flame GW and it's player. So I know what is wrong with WoW. It's fanbois who can't just be happy with their game.
    I agree but dont forget who play WoW (kids above 13 years old) so they see that GW is better rated than WoW and they try to make people play WoW but not GW.