Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blocktopia Metaverse - Business and Entertainment Meet VR Gaming

bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
edited October 2021 in The Pub at MMORPG.COM
I've waited a couple week to start learning more about this one. What I've learned is really interesting. Blocktopia is a unique concept in gaming, and in the metavers. Here's why.

From what I've gatherd, blocktopia is a 21 floor building with thousands of parcels. Each parcel can/will house businesses. Each floor will have unique spaces for advertising and gathering, like stages and aditoriums. All this will be full VR. 

Blocktopia comes equpied with a SDK (Software Developer Kit) which will be used by creaters to build attractions/content. 

Imagine putting on a VR headset and walking into this building and seeing Mercedes, Dolcha Gabona, Rolex, Universal Music, Draft Kings, ect. while Bruno Mars is throwing a concert. All names that have been in one way or another nvloved with NFT and/or the metaverse. 

Here's the kicker the native currency of Blocktopia is called $Blok. $Blok is used to purchase everything in Blocktopia. It's also the payment method for content creators. Content creators will be paid by the impression, and paid quite nicely. Much better than a youtube or streaming service. 

Here's some in game footage. What are your thoughts? 

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"

Comments

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    edited October 2021
    If I could find a way to hate this more.. I would be impressed.

Everything about it makes my balls swell, from the colors, to the idea that you are playing inside a building.

MMO's have been vast open 3D worlds, been built for decades, and been set up to be the ideal breeding ground for all these features, With VR being the major one, but also with In game Currency (Often Gold/Silver/Copper Coins), as well as Cash Shop Token, and the tokens could easy be formatted into a Block Chain style currency,  as well as Expanded Systems, like crafting, building, and the like..

and when someone makes this game/system that is supposed to be great.. it looks like a Slut Row Minecraft Knock Off, that makes Boundless look like a work of Renaissance Art.

I swear this is like some kind of bad dream of everything I could hate to endure in a VR world.. and the Jake Paul Boutique and whatever the fuck, is like having my ass hairs waxed off for good measure.

My bad. Confused Jake Paul with Logan Paul.
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    edited October 2021
    LOL What trash.

A crypto shopping mall is a really interesting concept to you? For real? There isn't even any gameplay unless you count walking through a teleporter and pressing shift to run.

This is the trailer for this garbage.

Compare that to something with gameplay like Grand Theft Auto...

LOL Just Cause 2 from 11 years ago looks like 1000x the game this bloktopia crap will ever be.

Where exactly is the game play in these crypto "games"?

Talk about a cash grab...

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Ungood said:

Everything about it makes my balls swell, from the colors, to the idea that you are playing inside a building.

MMO's have been vast open 3D worlds, been built for decades, and been set up to be the ideal breeding ground for all these features, With VR being the major one, but also with In game Currency (Often Gold/Silver/Copper Coins), as well as Cash Shop Token, and the tokens could easy be formatted into a Block Chain style currency,  as well as Expanded Systems, like crafting, building, and the like..

and when someone makes this game/system that is supposed to be great.. it looks like a Slut Row Minecraft Knock Off, that makes Boundless look like a work of Renaissance Art.

I swear this is like some kind of bad dream of everything I could hate to endure in a VR world.. and the Jake Paul Boutique and whatever the fuck, is like having my ass hairs waxed off for good measure.

lmao ok now look at it not as dungeons and dragons mmorpg.

Look at it like you and a friend, whos across the country, putting on a VR headset and  going to a concert on a saturday night.

Can you see where this is going?
  • AmarantharAmaranthar Member EpicPosts: 5,797
    edited October 2021
    bcbully said:
    Ungood said:

Look at it like you and a friend, whos across the country, putting on a VR headset and  going to a concert on a saturday night.

Yes. 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKQfxi8V5FA 

Games, the internet, etc., are great within their context. 
    But people need to get out in the real world, too. Get some exercise and meet people face to face for real, personal growth. 
    The internet is the illusion, not life. 

Once upon a time....

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    I appreciate all this new info BC...Its kind of overwhelming really and Im not sure where I stand on it.....Im not into VR at all so that part does not interest me.....I just dont see myself gaming this way....
    Amarantharbcbully
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,348
    That's not really a game.  It's a way to look at ads if you want to.  Instead of having ads scattered around periphery of the screen like on most web sites, you can see the ads in VR.  And unlike the web sites that you visit, the ads are the point of blocktopia, not something that you put up with to get to the real content that you want.  Because there isn't any real content that you want in blocktopia.
  • ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,395
    So, Second Life without any of the cleverness?

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

Quizzical said:
    That's not really a game.  It's a way to look at ads if you want to.  Instead of having ads scattered around periphery of the screen like on most web sites, you can see the ads in VR.  And unlike the web sites that you visit, the ads are the point of blocktopia, not something that you put up with to get to the real content that you want.  Because there isn't any real content that you want in blocktopia.
    Metaverse, the intent is to mirror the real world. You're exactly right about the ads, in VR, higher engagement. 

The content will be made by the people. Expect to see anything you would see in the real world on an incredible scale. 

I invested in this one. The use case is why. Blocktopia is positioning itself as a next gen tool for business marketing. 

Yeah I know, deep in the woods again A lot of us here still think crypto is a bunch of shaddy super coders and money launderers ;) 

Anyways, the direction of things. 
  • katzklawkatzklaw Member UncommonPosts: 101
    so... its Second Life in VR?

hard pass
    Quizzical
    bcbully said:
    Ungood said:

I dunno, I mean, Second Life and Entopia did the whole "Social World" thing, better, IMHO, and I hate to say it, it never really kicked off.

I think, if someone goes online, they want something to do.

And, That's kinda why I play online Games, so my buddies and I, that Are across the country, we can play together, it gives us something to do together.

I mean, it might work for the people that want that, but, for me, that feels like steps back from where VR should be going. I mean, think about it, where are you more inclined to spend time and money, where you pretend to sit with someone while you watch Youtube, or where you work together to kill flying penis monsters dragons or something.
    Amarantharkatzklaw
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    edited October 2021
    bcbully said:

I invested in this one. The use case is why. Blocktopia is positioning itself as a next gen tool for business marketing. 
    SCAM ALERT:  Bloktopia presents wrong/outdated financial info on their website:

Bloktopia's website:
      "According to Zion Market Research, the global augmented and virtual reality market was valued at around USD $26.7 billion in 2018, and is expected to reach approximately $814.7 billion by 2025, at a CAGR of 63% between 2019 and 2025"
       https://www.bloktopia.com/

Zion Market Research website:
      "According to analysts at Zion Market Research, the global virtual reality market accounted for more than USD 10.85 Billion in 2020 and is expected to reach more than USD 52.03 Billion by 2028, growing at a CAGR of 21.9% from 2021 to 2028"
       https://www.zionmarketresearch.com/news/virtual-reality-market

Bloktopia is a VR so for them the Zion's VR research would be relevant info about their predicted market size and growth. But instead they present 2 years older estimation that is by now outdated and also includes the AR market to make their potential market look much larger than it is.
    UngoodQuizzical

edited October 2021
    Ungood said:
    bcbully said:
    Ungood said:

I dunno, I mean, Second Life and Entopia did the whole "Social World" thing, better, IMHO, and I hate to say it, it never really kicked off.

And, That's kinda why I play online Games, so my buddies and I, that Are across the country, we can play together, it gives us something to do together.

I mean, it might work for the people that want that, but, for me, that feels like steps back from where VR should be going. I mean, think about it, where are you more inclined to spend time and money, where you pretend to sit with someone while you watch Youtube, or where you work together to kill flying penis monsters dragons or something.
    This is happening right now in Decentraland., the first metaverse.

The lady Hilton takes the stage as her Genies avatar and introduces a very special guest. The final headline act of the Festival is LIVE NOW! 

www.twitch.tv/decentraland 

edited October 2021
    lmao the Paris Hilton thing is low key lit Make it rain emotes  :D :D I just checked on twitch.

My girl is logging in to go right now hahaha
    bcbully said:
    Ungood said:
    bcbully said:
    Ungood said:

The lady Hilton takes the stage as her Genies avatar and introduces a very special guest. The final headline act of the Festival is LIVE NOW! 

.. and seeing that.. I am going to go back and play DDO, and wait for a VR MMO

Ungood said:
    bcbully said:
    Ungood said:
    bcbully said:
    Ungood said:

.. and seeing that.. I am going to go back and play DDO, and wait for a VR MMO
     :D :D :D :D  We got to the Party late. Missed Paris! 
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,348
    I think that this is something that more or less makes sense to do, at least if you can do it well.  (Even the best of ideas on paper can flop if implemented badly.)  If you're going to make a successor to Second Life today, why not make it in VR?  That's the sort of genre where VR makes sense.  And if you're going to make your own currency for it that can be traded back for real money, then why not make it a cryptocurrency today as a successor to Linden dollars?

There is a real niche for this, and the sort of people who liked Second Life ten or fifteen years ago might like this if it's done well.  People who are into cryptocurrencies and/or VR might give it a brief look before moving on, too.  But it's not revolutionary unless you think that Second Life was revolutionary.
    Kyleran