Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Replacement Game

2»

Comments

• KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,122
    Wargfoot said:

PvE is abundant, but many dislike how combat feels in the game. If it turns out you are one of those people it may diminish your enjoyment.  Some find it so displeasing that they can't abide it and it causes them to stop playing.
    I really hated the combat.
    I quit already.  :)

Heh, that at least allowed you to quickly determine your disinterest.

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    Wargfoot said:

PvE is abundant, but many dislike how combat feels in the game. If it turns out you are one of those people it may diminish your enjoyment.  Some find it so displeasing that they can't abide it and it causes them to stop playing.
    Which class did you play? Combat feels quite different depending on your class and as Jean-Luc said, leveling up makes a big difference too.

Another game you could try is GW2- arguably has better looking/feeling class skills and ticks off all the other boxes you mentioned in the OP.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited October 2021
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • TwistedSister77TwistedSister77 Member EpicPosts: 1,144
    edited October 2021
    I think you should play non-mmorpgs till Amazon fixes the game... I think you really like the mechanics of NW ..but the issues with endgame, low auction house prices, gold shortages at high level, crafting near pointlessness for level 60s, broken pvp, and bugs are holding you back. 

Understandable, a lot have players have shelved to game for now (down to <400k concurrent players, most servers <50% peak player cap... and that will continue as more hit level 60 and realize these issues).

Luckily it's buy to play, so people will return when fixes are made and more endgame content released.

If you want to play a MMORPG.  ESO is great, but like others said, the world quests are super easy.  Everyone and their mother is playing Final Fantasy, so it's a healthy community.

Albion is the closest thing to NW, imo, but there are literal zero quests after the tutorial... sandbox.  But Albion announced they are going to implement PVE mechanics so the areas and dungeons that are auto flagged PvP... PvErs can enjoy those content areas.
    YashaX
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,517
    One of the things I would do to take a break from MMO's was to play some FPS, my go to before it closed down was Eternal Crusade. Loved that game, and would take breaks from MMO's to just get down and dirty and go forth and kill.

So maybe look into a good MMO or other style of multi-player game, like check out Survival Games, or even a game like Trove or Boundless, to try something really off the normal rails, and who knows, you might enjoy it.

I mean, just for me, when I left DDO, I was very into instance dungeons, because DDO had amazing instance dungeons, so when I went to GW2, I made sure they had dungeons.

Well their dungeons were decent, but it was their open world that was amazing, and I feel in love with that, so, my advice would be, to not so much look for a check box, but something you might enjoy playing for what it is, as it is.

Sometimes, the best games we ever end up playing, are games we never thought we would enjoy, and love them for the oddest and most asinine reasons...

"Oh no, the Aquatic Pork has found me"
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    Wargfoot said:
    YashaX said:
    Wargfoot said:

Which class did you play? Combat feels quite different depending on your class and as Jean-Luc said, leveling up makes a big difference too.

Another game you could try is GW2- arguably has better looking/feeling class skills and ticks off all the other boxes you mentioned in the OP.
    I tried the bow and it feels terrible compared to New World.
    The range is just laughable and it didn't feel natural at all.

In New World I've shot stuff that is basically a few pixels on the horizon - the bow is hard to use in New World but it has huge range.

I also tried the lightening staff and that felt odd.
    Don't care for the dodging/hold mechanic either.
    The first zone I entered (after the tutorial) seemed empty and dead to me.

I'll probably give it a more fair shot once I get tired of New World.

I believe ya'll that it is a good game so it probably deserves another shot.
    Oh yeah, the combat is completely different to NW. ESO's combat is more about using abilities, keeping up and stacking buffs/debuffs, and managing resources (stamina/magicka). You can't just side-step projectiles and melee attacks like you can in NW- you have to use active defenses (dodge or block) and you'll notice that enemy projectiles are like homing missiles that will follow you around corners and hit you even behind cover as long as they initiated the attack before you were in cover.

And I think that is one of the great innovations with NW's combat that sets it apart from most other mmos. That said, there are amazing things about combat in ESO. For example the skills can be impactful and exciting, the actual movement of your character is fast and more responsive than in NW, and the group combat sysnergies are much more robust imo. Even things like the ability to sneak and sprint in ESO bring a whole new dimension to combat (at least in pvp).
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,825
    Wargfoot said:
    Scot said:
    FF14 is like WoW... up to you to see if you like it or not.
    And realistic armor in final fantasy... please, give me a break ;)
    I agree about the armour but you have reminded me, NW had that fashion show with blah fantasy generic armour, anyone wearing it? ;)
    I really want to run around in the gear that I had when I washed up on the beach.
    I don't like all the fancy stuff.
    Beach bum roleplaying? :)
  • KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,122
    Wargfoot said:
    YashaX said:
    Wargfoot said:

I tried the bow and it feels terrible compared to New World.
    The range is just laughable and it didn't feel natural at all.

In New World I've shot stuff that is basically a few pixels on the horizon - the bow is hard to use in New World but it has huge range.

I also tried the lightening staff and that felt odd.
    Don't care for the dodging/hold mechanic either.
    The first zone I entered (after the tutorial) seemed empty and dead to me.

I'll probably give it a more fair shot once I get tired of New World.

I believe ya'll that it is a good game so it probably deserves another shot.

Attacking targets on the horizon isn't a thing in ESO, so that won't be something you do. Bow is commonly used as a back bar weapon for Stamina DPS characters. It generally has the bow AoE slotted and other buff/utility stuff used as needed, with the bars swapped to the front for primary DPS, either Dual Wield or Two-Handed.

If you intend to do DPS you should stick with either stamina or magicka and place all your stats according. Generally, most characters wouldn't be able to use both a bow and staff well as they do opposing types of damage (stamina and magicka respectively.)

Also, most races will do better with one or the other stat so it be wise to pick a race with bonuses suited to the damage type you want to do. The exceptions are Dark Elf and Khajiit as they can do well in either due to their racial bonuses being neutral in respect to damage type. Norns and Argonians make the best tanks, and Bretons the best healers.

You may have chosen to go to the starting area for one of the three political alliances which are essentially tutorial areas are generally less occupied. Blackwood is the latest area, but pretty much anywhere on the mainland will be busier than those locations.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.