Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CDPR Delays Next-Gen Versions Of Cyberpunk 2077 And The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 7,110
edited October 20 in News & Features Discussion

imageCDPR Delays Next-Gen Versions Of Cyberpunk 2077 And The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt | MMORPG.com

If you had hopes of playing Cyberpunk 2077 as it was meant to be played on your "next-gen" console here soon, CDPR has some bad news for you. In an incredibly brief and to the point update today, the Polish game developer announced that not only was 2077's next-gen upgrade delayed, but also the upgrade coming to The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.

Read the full story here

Comments

• ShutaraShutara Member UncommonPosts: 73
    A bunch of clowns at this moment...barely anyone will care especially after some juicy games get released aswell.
    IceAgeIselin
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,462
    There is more to this meets the eye of this PR spin..

There are several Class Action Lawsuits on OTGLF , and news will be coming ..
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 2,797

Scorchien said:

What are the ..Class Action Lawsuits again? Oh, investors which .. lost money? Investors always lose .. and win money. They will also lose this Lawsuit. Is a pathetic lawsuit btw.

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 16,419
    edited October 20
    Another thread with a piece of paper stuck to its back saying "Hate CP2077 and CDPR here! Being on topic not required."

:)
    Scot
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

Scorchien said:

So how are these impending class action suits that you apparently know all about but can't share details for some reason, affecting the postponement of next gen console versions of the two games by a few months, pray tell.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

Iselin said:
    Scorchien said:

So how are these impending class action suits that you apparently know all about but can't share details for some reason, affecting the postponement of next gen console versions of the two games by a few months, pray tell.

You go look up and read what you can , But i told you i spoke to some of the heavyhitters involved and  this was going to happen 4 days after 2077 release , and  was laughed at .. I told yas they were going to take a big hit  4 days after 2077 and was told Nahhh  ..

I told yas lawsuits were coming 5 weeks after 2077 release .. blah blah xxx sold all is fine .. ..

Now they have lost 65% of there market value ..

They only holders left are the 4 ...

And the lawsuits have lined up ..

The threads are here if you would care to go back 12/20 and read them .. I dont think you do tho ..

Scorchien said:
    Iselin said:
    Scorchien said:

You go look up and read what you can , But i told you i spoke to some of the heavyhitters involved and  this was going to happen 4 days after 2077 release , and  was laughed at .. I told yas they were going to take a big hit  4 days after 2077 and was told Nahhh  ..

I told yas lawsuits were coming 5 weeks after 2077 release .. blah blah xxx sold all is fine .. ..

The threads are here if you would care to go back 12/20 and read them .. I dont think you do tho ..

Yeah yeah but that still tells me nothing about how any of that impacts the grunts working on the next gen console version of the game and is causing a this delay.

Unless you're trying to say they've run out of money and needed to stop work. Is that what you're trying to say?

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

Iselin said:
    Scorchien said:
    Iselin said:
    Scorchien said:

Yeah yeah but that still tells me nothing about how any of that impacts the grunts working on the next gen console version of the game and is causing a this delay.

Unless you're trying to say they've run out of money and needed to stop work. Is that what you're trying to say?

well , ill stop there ..    There will be more news ..
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 3,682
    Shutara said:
    A bunch of clowns at this moment...barely anyone will care especially after some juicy games get released aswell.
    No this BS catering to consoles is what led to this BS release of cyberpunk...too much shitting above the hole I think....

They need to get back to their roots which is PC gaming get all that working fine then look to any console shit.
    TimukasScotrojoArcueid

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,573
    edited October 21

Asm0deus said:

Shutara said:

No this BS catering to consoles is what led to this BS release of cyberpunk...too much shitting above the hole I think....

They need to get back to their roots which is PC gaming get all that working fine then look to any console shit.

That is utter bullsh!t, since pretty much all modern game engines support all popular platforms seamlessly.

CP2077 failed for completely different reasons and it had nothing to do with consoles.
    That it ran crap on previous gen consoles, is just bad optimization on their part and hiding it via press embargo's till release day!

The game itself is just an empty shell of promised features. That is what most of the backlash was about. So much was missing in this game.

For me personally, I could care less about this so called Next gen update. They should focus adding the missing stuff.
    Post edited by JeroKane on
    RemaliMcSleaz
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 16,575
    edited October 21
    Isn't this the wrong way round? Surely newer gen consoles which can handle the game more easily should be looked at first? For the old gen consoles a version of the game is naturally going to take a lot longer to prepare?
  • JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,573
    edited October 21

Scot said:

Isn't this the wrong way round? Surely newer gen consoles which can handle the game more easily should be looked at first? For the old gen consoles a version of the game is naturally going to take a lot longer to prepare?

These Next Gen features were obviously scrapped too, to make release date.

Just more stuff to add on the pile of CDProjectRed Wall of Shame to show this game was not ready for release.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,680
    edited October 21

Asm0deus said:

Shutara said:

Even if the game was only made for PC, it was going to run as bad as it is now. Do you want to know why? because it would still have to run on the vast majority of lower end PCs that still run like a PS4 and XBOX One X.

OR do you think that they are going to waste their time only making the game run on a hand full of high end PCs? They could have only released the game on high end PCs and new gen consoles and have no issues with the game, but most PCs and most consoles (last gen) on the market can't run the game properly so they didn't like the idea of selling the game to a smaller number of people.

Their only mistakes were changing direction to focus on high end hardware while still making the game for old hardware, then lie about the whole thing.

TL;DR - They could have scratched last gen entirely, and still be held back by low end PCs, nullifying your point completely.
    Post edited by rojoArcueid on
    Asm0deus