Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So is this forum now a prop to inform us on current crypto currency trends

The user and all related content has been deleted.
Sometimes we need fantasy to survive reality 
https://biturl.top/rU7bY3
Beyond the shadows there's always light

Comments

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    edited October 2021
    Deathkon1 said:
    It seems to me its all about this forum tends to talk about besides the new world I find it quite sad at this point on the re occurring cancer of whats illegal in china and what the blockchains are ect:

Now watch the hate flow or at the very people saying its not all that and its just informative which still brings my point to a golden highlight 

crypto currency is talked about way to dam much XD  :D
    Yeah that china thread is a bit much. Move to lock.

Games, NFTs though, there will be more and more. 
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • mklinicmklinic Member RarePosts: 1,981
    Well, starting a thread discussing the discussions about crypto currency is a bold strategy for sure.
    bcbullyWhiteLanternKyleranAlBQuirkyTalmienScot[Deleted User]Roinmaskedweaselircaddictsand 4 others.

-mklinic

"Do something right, no one remembers.
    Do something wrong, no one forgets"
    -from No One Remembers by In Strict Confidence

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Could we define Crypto as an MMO?

Hmm..........
    bcbullyAlBQuirkyircaddicts

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355
    When one of the regulars on this site is a big fan of a particular game that is otherwise obscure, that can lead to a lot more discussion of that particular game than there would otherwise be here.  That's not necessarily a bad thing.  Bcbully wants cryptocurrencies and NFTs in his games, and hence, there's a lot of discussion of them.  It's not like we're not allowed to make threads about anything else.

If you think there aren't enough threads about some gaming topic that you want to discuss, then make one.  But instead, you just made one about cryptocurrencies.
    mklinicbcbullyKyleranAlBQuirkyScot[Deleted User]SovrathRoinmaskedweaselklash2defand 3 others.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    When I was growing up this is what Krypto was all about.

Sort of reminds me of how gamers here feel about modern "crypto."

;) 

bcbullyUngoodSensaiAlBQuirkyKidRiskSovrathircaddictsChampieLinif

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,532
    Deathkon1 said:
    It seems to me its all about this forum tends to talk about besides the new world I find it quite sad at this point on the re occurring cancer of whats illegal in china and what the blockchains are ect:

Now watch the hate flow or at the very people saying its not all that and its just informative which still brings my point to a golden highlight 

crypto currency is talked about way to dam much XD  :D
    Nahh.. just the flavor of the week.. we will go back to talking about ass physics in a little bit.
    bcbullyAlBQuirkyScot
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    The Best Crypto Memes That You Missed - Unoversity
    [Deleted User]IselinKyleranmklinicUngoodAlBQuirkyWhiteLanternKidRiskbcbullyScotand 7 others.

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432
    This seems to the "hot topic" of late.

I just skip those threads since I have zero interest in it all :)
    ircaddicts

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    AlBQuirky said:
    This seems to the "hot topic" of late.

I just skip those threads since I have zero interest in it all :)
    We all have an interest and that’s the problem imho.

I know you know the type of interest I’m talking about ;)
    AlBQuirkyircaddictsChampie

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    All you do to play is put in $50 of the cheapest currency that nobody buys and then wait 2 years. You either make $1000000 or lose $50. Isn't that how you play the game?
    bcbullyAlBQuirky

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355
    Akulas said:
    All you do to play is put in $50 of the cheapest currency that nobody buys and then wait 2 years. You either make $1000000 or lose $50. Isn't that how you play the game?
    The lottery will give you comparable odds without having to wait two years.
    AlBQuirkyMendel
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    Sometimes these new Blockchain / nft games don't last very long, this one about 5 hours.

https://kotaku.com/big-nft-project-cancelled-after-just-five-hours-1847906380
    bcbullyAlBQuirkykjempff

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran said:
    Sometimes these new Blockchain / nft games don't last very long, this one about 5 hours.

Renfail?
  • PoorOld_GamerGentPoorOld_GamerGent Member UncommonPosts: 25
    "So is this forum now a prop to inform us on current crypto currency trends"

Well, after the ban wave they might try to seek and set up new venues :D

But for the question, it's probably just a fad anyhow. It's just the current buzzword, which the devs/publishers of these experiments try to squeeze in to everywhere without the slightest concern about its purpose in the games even.
    Besides the obvious benefits of their own, of course (cough*Ponzi*cough).
    ScotAlBQuirky
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Deathkon1 said:
    Kyleran said:

;) 

omfg I remember the krypto the superdog cartoon when I was little lol I feel old 

You're not really old unless you remember Clutch Cargo.  (Caution: 20 minutes).

AlBQuirky

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• Jamar870Jamar870 Member UncommonPosts: 570
    I would say you're not really old unless you can remember the only kind of tv that you could watch  is BW tv(Black and White). Also Colonel Kody and the Zombies of the Stratosphere.
    You may correct me on Colonel Kody
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432
    Mendel said:
    Deathkon1 said:
    Kyleran said:

;) 

omfg I remember the krypto the superdog cartoon when I was little lol I feel old 

You're not really old unless you remember Clutch Cargo.  (Caution: 20 minutes).

Does it count if I saw it on Cartoon Network post 2010? lol

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    Kyleran said:

Probably tried to sucker in as many as quickly as possible and get out before deeper investigation......
    AlBQuirky
    Kyleran said:

Probably tried to sucker in as many as quickly as possible and get out before deeper investigation......
    you sound like your pfp
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    Xodic said:
    Deathkon1 said:
    Quizzical said:
    When one of the regulars on this site is a big fan of a particular game that is otherwise obscure, that can lead to a lot more discussion of that particular game than there would otherwise be here.  That's not necessarily a bad thing.  Bcbully wants cryptocurrencies and NFTs in his games, and hence, there's a lot of discussion of them.  It's not like we're not allowed to make threads about anything else.

If you think there aren't enough threads about some gaming topic that you want to discuss, then make one.  But instead, you just made one about cryptocurrencies.
    Freedom of speech within certain limits I'm fine with...
    There's no such thing as freedom of speech within certain limits...
    That's like saying you're free... within the limits of your jail cell.
    There is no such things as freedom without limits. That would only work if you lacked the ability to affect other people. But since you have ability to affect others, your freedoms are always limited by other people also having their freedoms.
    Asm0deusbcbullyKyleranAlBQuirkyYashaX