Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Astellia And Astellia Royal Shuttered Early, Both Games Now Sunset | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited October 2021 in News & Features Discussion

imageAstellia And Astellia Royal Shuttered Early, Both Games Now Sunset | MMORPG.com

So it looks like Astellia Online and Astellia Royal have shuttered early, as spotted by Connor over at MMO Fallout. The two MMOs were slated to sunset on October 29th, but it seems the switch got flipped early, as both games are unreachable now.

Read the full story here

Comments

• yonpachiyonpachi Member UncommonPosts: 191
    Rest in pieces. Do you think Swords of Legends Online will face the same fate? Considering many Gameforge MMO ended up died one way or another.
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,164

yonpachi said:

Rest in pieces. Do you think Swords of Legends Online will face the same fate? Considering many Gameforge MMO ended up died one way or another.

yep
    strawhat0981
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• WBadgerWBadger Member RarePosts: 375
    yonpachi said:
    the more mmos they have in their stables, the easier it is for them to pull the cord if ones not making them a big enough profit on a month-to-month basis.  So yep, it will.
  • RidrithRidrith Member RarePosts: 808
    Nothing of value was lost. It was another lifeless digital world. Now it's one we'll never see again, at least hopefully.

Part of me always believes that some crappy publisher of dead MMOs will simply pick it up, repackage it, call it something else or add 'reborn' 'reforged' or 'risen' to the name and try to sell it all over again without actually planning on supporting the product. Outside just selling it again/keeping the servers on long enough until it's no longer generating cash.
    KyleranScotDattelis
    I like to complain about games.
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    Not surprised. I played Astellia for a bit as it was B2P which wasn't that normal so I gave it a shot. Felt rather generic, had way too many systems at least that were thrown at me at one time.
  • AcalexAcalex Member UncommonPosts: 72
    Good
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    Unless they edited this News ( https://www.astellia-mmo.com/news/info/183/all/1 ) , it seems it was indeed, slated to shut down on the 18th this month, not 29 as this article tells.

Mikeha

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• Wizzurah84Wizzurah84 Member UncommonPosts: 49
    It was generic but I think game was not bad. Graphics was good for me as skills and mechanics too. Not worst than solo, elyon, bless unleashed or any other game onnits level. Sad to see games shutting. Playerbase no need more than 1-2 from this genre. For me Archlord 2 was the best, fun pvp. Was not AAA, not the best but was fun. These days players jist rish for max level, do not care anything else then cry for no content. So I think the problem is not with games but with todays players.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Wasn't this game promoted by Team Critical Hit, Bill Murphy's PR firm?
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• ZutchZutch Member UncommonPosts: 62

Iselin said:

For real?!
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    edited October 2021
    Zutch said:

Iselin said:

For real?!
    Yeah. I was curious so I did some google sleuthing and answered my own question.

Team Critical Hit site with a bonus, an actual photo of Suzie :)

https://www.teamcriticalhit.com/

2019 Press releases from Team Critical Hit about Astellia's release:

https://www.thedrastikmeasure.com/tag/team-critical-hit/

YashaX
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• kjempffkjempff Member RarePosts: 1,759
    Not even the fanciest wrappings could hide the turd inside. Why do they keep making these soulless games. Take chance and fail on something with a vision, or just anything that comes from a little passion :)
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    Oh they shut it down. I never tried it. I cannot even recall it properly. 
    Chamber of Chains
  • DattelisDattelis Member RarePosts: 1,457

Ridrith said:

Nothing of value was lost. It was another lifeless digital world. Now it's one we'll never see again, at least hopefully.

Part of me always believes that some crappy publisher of dead MMOs will simply pick it up, repackage it, call it something else or add 'reborn' 'reforged' or 'risen' to the name and try to sell it all over again without actually planning on supporting the product. Outside just selling it again/keeping the servers on long enough until it's no longer generating cash.

This is what I ultimately fear as well, since it seems to becoming more popular of an option. They shut down and then within a year are up again. Why I fear it is because in most of these re-opening cases, people's accounts weren't able to carry over, so they have to rebuy all the things again. That and there probably wont be new content added and result in another shut down in the future, just to do it again.