Haven't dropped by the forums in awhile because there has not been anything going on MMO-wise for a LONG TIME as I'm sure you know. Greetings!
I've been playing New World pretty much non-stop since launch. I think I have 70 hours played already in what, 4 or 5 days? So I'm cracked out on this game and here's my review:
1. Action combat. Big fan of this since Tera and it's done even better in New World as you can switch to semi-1st person to aim and shoot. Very fun stuff switching between range to get some shots in then finish with your melee weapon.
2. Graphics. Unbelievable look for performance cost. Runs better than Blade and Soul on my machine but looks absolutely amazing. Tons of small world details.
3. FUNCTIONAL SEIGE! I was in my first siege on day TWO! And unlike say BDO siege, it's actually functional and people aren't warping all over the place because of server/performance issues. Really truly tons of fun. 50v50 in a 30 min block so it's scheduable and doable and with even teams it helps sort out faction imbalance. Logging on a half hour early to go over gameplan and intelligence from spies on the enemy- this kind of stuff is so fun.
4. No P2W (YET, we'll see. Personally I don't think Amazon of all companies is dying for cash that they'd need to resort to it. They did talk about adding xp potions which I wouldn't be a fan of. Currently the shop is like 1 butt-ass ugly outfit).
Other less important Pros:
1. No mob tagging. If you do enough damage to a mob, it counts for you.
2. Corruption is basically Rift 2.0 with insane graphics and a better, more simple system and reliable load of corruption spawns.
3. Quests are decent. You get xp from gathering and crafting. Even xp from fishing. Oh yeah fishing is like BDO but a bit better.
Basically none. All the things that are an inconvenience make sense, like having no mounts in the small world. The world being small is nice, you see people often. There is fast travel but it's limited by a resource you can get from mob drops or farming corruptions. It all kind of ties together in an ingenious way.
You can't swim. Who cares and it's kind of funny walking on the river floor lol. I'd rather be playing the game then have it held up for a month or something so they could get swimming in.
Normally I do a hell of a lot of BGs in MMOs. There is something like it I believe in New World, but I haven't even bothered trying to do them since I'm having so much fun progressing my character in a thousand different ways.
All in all, this game is damn near perfect. It's got a lot of the things people here have been asking for for years. Definitely give it a shot if you haven't already.