Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is New World good or just overhyped by non MMO players?

12345679»

Comments

• WBadgerWBadger Member RarePosts: 375
    edited October 2021
    Linif said:
    Iselin said:
    Those are good points and improvements for sure.

I tend not to buy weapons and gear from the Trading post anyway. I used the life staff example only because it just came to mind first as a way to illustrate the search functionality.

I get my gear from the faction vendor or drops in places like expeditions. But I'm only level 52 so I think of all my gear as just temporary anyway. I might feel different when I'm 60 and min-maxing more.

TBH, my main and almost only use of the trading post currently is looking for ingredients I'm missing for town board cooking recipes... ginger, or garlic or potatoes... that sort of stuff lol.
    Y'know, I completely forgot I can get weapons from faction store. I'm going to check there first next time for what I need. Still not filterable as far I know, but atleast I'm not going through 30 items before I find what I want/need

The faction store weapons are optimized for their weapon stat, and the armor for it's "main" usage, for instance heavy = str/end, medium = dex/end, but you can transform them with a tool from the store (never tried myself, no idea how that works).
    It's fairly inexpensive.  As an example if you wanted to turn a piece of light armor into a dex/end piece:  you'd buy the armor piece and the dex/end token from the faction vendor, take it to its respective crafting station (So in this case outfitting), and it'll just show up at the top of the list.  No crafting levels needed
    [Deleted User]
  • TwistedSister77TwistedSister77 Member EpicPosts: 1,144
    GRIND... I'm referring to reading 11 pages of this thread.   ;)

PS - is this NW forum pvp getting in game xp or skins? :D
    Scotklash2def
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited October 2021
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • olepiolepi Member EpicPosts: 2,829
    Wargfoot said:
    I'm still considering picking up ESO.

I love the concept of and graphics in New World but the questing is truly bad, and if I'm being honest, I'm really bad at PvP so the end game isn't really my thing.  These games attract dex monkeys that can move so much faster than I can - and I hate needing to know every detail of every build in order to be competative.

"Dude, when going up against a Rapier you should dodge roll, lmb, lmb, dodge roll, step back, pot, lmb, pot, lmb dodge roll, pivot... and you did a dodge, roll, lmb, roll dodge... lulz noob..."

You should definitely try ESO if you are interesting in questing. It does have some of the action combat like NW, and you can dodge, roll, and block, etc. But the questing is at a different level than NW.

ESO also has the problem of very few skills available, making many players identical, and their "classes" play very similarly. It is not as restrictive as NW, though.

The other major difference is that ESO has been leveled, meaning everywhere you go, the mobs are your level, whatever your level is. You can't go into a new area with mobs that are much higher and more powerful than you are. That means though that you can go anywhere.
    klash2defKyleran

------------
    2024: 47 years on the Net.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Wargfoot said:

Do it if you've never played it.

It was developed with questing as one of its main features and it is very well done for the most part.

It's also a kinder and gentler action/tab target hybrid with a much easier learning curve than NW.
    KyleranYashaXklash2def[Deleted User]
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Sometimes we need fantasy to survive reality 
    https://biturl.top/rU7bY3
    Beyond the shadows there's always light
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    Wargfoot said:

I love the concept of and graphics in New World but the questing is truly bad, and if I'm being honest, I'm really bad at PvP so the end game isn't really my thing.  These games attract dex monkeys that can move so much faster than I can - and I hate needing to know every detail of every build in order to be competative.

"Dude, when going up against a Rapier you should dodge roll, lmb, lmb, dodge roll, step back, pot, lmb, pot, lmb dodge roll, pivot... and you did a dodge, roll, lmb, roll dodge... lulz noob..."

ESO is an awesome game, but it is much, much harder in terms of needing to know the details of builds in order to be competative in pvp. You don't really need to aim as much as in New World though, and the skills are impactful and very cool.

For example there is a skill that lets you temporarily grow awesome dragon wings and leap across the field to stun and mutilate all the enemies around your landing spot. Feels good :)

klash2defKyleran[Deleted User]
  • klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949
    klash2def said:

Everyone will back-peddle anyway in a few months, and act like they didn't say what they said.

Scorchien
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear.