Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It Looks Like New World Is Reportedly Causing GPU Issues Again | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited September 2021 in News & Features Discussion

imageIt Looks Like New World Is Reportedly Causing GPU Issues Again | MMORPG.com

New World and EVGA made headlines over the summer as reports trickled out that incredibly expensive RTX 3090 GPUs were being bricked whilst playing the alpha of Amazon's MMO. While those reports pointed to issues with soldering on EVGA's GPUS, it seems reports have started to come out since Tuesday's launch of more GPU problems - and they aren't only centerted on Nvidia's GPUs.

Read the full story here

Comments

• MarknMarkn Member UncommonPosts: 307
    edited September 2021
    Just like last time this is not a New World issue. This is a manufacturing issue with your GPU. Its 2021 why in the world do they not have auto shutoff limits if the GPU reaches a certain temp ?
    WellspringRemyVorenderFrodoFraginsMcSleazWhiteshade92doomexsschruppTacticalZombehAlomardragonlee66and 4 others.
  • JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    I fully understand that GPU's need to have built-in protection against this and auto throttle frame rates when overheating.

BUT! How hard is it for Amazon Game Studios to put a frame rate cap on a load/queue screen?
    You don't need unlimited framerate on a load/queue screen FFS!
    McSleazdoomexsschrupp[Deleted User]Dr_Binks
  • EladiEladi Member UncommonPosts: 1,145

JeroKane said:

I fully understand that GPU's need to have built-in protection against this and auto throttle frame rates when overheating.

BUT! How hard is it for Amazon Game Studios to put a frame rate cap on a load/queue screen?

There is a cap setting but its not auto enabled. 30/60/unlimeted

Its realy a card issue tho, lower end cards have no issues by defauth , they should also burn out if it was just the game/loading screen, there seems to be no buildin trottle on those cards, full burn always on even if its just a silly loading screen just to match the screen rates
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• GroqstrongGroqstrong Member RarePosts: 815
    Evga already put out a statement last time saying a small batch of their cards had soldering issues and were the cause of the burnouts.
  • mklinicmklinic Member RarePosts: 1,981
    I mean, EVGA said "our bad" last time. So, if history holds true, it might be a better choice of words to say "New World uncovering GPU issues again."
    KyleranGroqstrongGinazTacticalZombehSamhaelRoin

-mklinic

"Do something right, no one remembers.
    Do something wrong, no one forgets"
    -from No One Remembers by In Strict Confidence

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,405
    Eladi said:

JeroKane said:

There is a cap setting but its not auto enabled. 30/60/unlimeted

Its realy a card issue tho, lower end cards have no issues by defauth , they should also burn out if it was just the game/loading screen, there seems to be no buildin trottle on those cards, full burn always on even if its just a silly loading screen just to match the screen rates
    This.

My old gtx 760 is not having any issues, there is also on top of limiting fps to 30/60 an option to cap fps in background which you can enable.

Evga already put out a statement last time saying a small batch of their cards had soldering issues and were the cause of the burnouts.

Indeed for the stupid inflated prices of these newer gpu's there some glaring manufacturing issues on some batches.......

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    I was effected last night. I was playing having a great time from 9am to about 8:30pm when my rig just shut off. For a split second it I thought it was a power outage but everything else was on ;)

I restarted my computer which booted up just fine and didn't give me a message my my computer had abnormally shut down. I restarted New World and the second I hit the login button my computer shut down again. After another reboot I set the settings down to medium and successfully relogged only to find a 2200 player que :(

My card is an EVGA, I wanted to retest just now (was busy this morning) but the servers are offline :( 
    Scot

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    laserit said:
    I was effected last night. I was playing having a great time from 9am to about 8:30pm when my rig just shut off. For a split second it I thought it was a power outage but everything else was on ;)

I restarted my computer which booted up just fine and didn't give me a message my my computer had abnormally shut down. I restarted New World and the second I hit the login button my computer shut down again. After another reboot I set the settings down to medium and successfully relogged only to find a 2200 player que :(

My card is an EVGA, I wanted to retest just now (was busy this morning) but the servers are offline :( 
    Sounds like an issue, but not the reported issue unless you d/c'd while waiting in a long queue screen or something.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• olepiolepi Member EpicPosts: 2,828
    edited September 2021
    My new AMD 6800 XT GPU overheated, but it was easy to find a framerate and resolution that works well. I tend to run it around 60C, well below the maximum. The AMD driver let me set framerate, I think it's at 70fps now, and resolution around 2500. This runs the card at 60C and looks good.

------------
    2024: 47 years on the Net.

laserit said:

Do you have your frames capped to 60? I have mine capped and have had zero issues but I dont have an EVGA card 
    I have mine capped @60

To tell you the truth I don't even know if its GPU related, but it's definitely New World related.  I've been working my system hard with other games trying to reproduce what was easy for me to reproduce last night. 

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

edited September 2021
    laserit said:
    laserit said:

Do you have your frames capped to 60? I have mine capped and have had zero issues but I dont have an EVGA card 
    I have mine capped @60

To tell you the truth I don't even know if its GPU related, but it's definitely New World related.  I've been working my system hard with other games trying to reproduce what was easy for me to reproduce last night. 
    wow bummer. Sorry to hear mate.
     Seems something in the root of the Lumberyard (Cryengine) does not play well with EVGA it seems.  
    I hope it gets sorted 
    We'll see what happens when the servers come back, If it is the card, I have a 1080ti as a backup while the 3090 warranty gets sorted.

• hyllyhhyllyh Member UncommonPosts: 477
    if they can work on exploit too..
    some streamer on twitch made me laught! ^^
    finally, it's a hard pass from me and i really dont regret anything.
    KidRisk
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,351
    If cards are running hot while sitting in a queue, then that's pretty terrible game design.  Never mind dangerous levels of overheating.  Sitting in a queue shouldn't push hardware much harder than being idle at desktop and should allow hardware to clock down.  If New World isn't doing that, then that's a serious blunder on Amazon's part.
    Kylerandragonlee66[Deleted User]
  • Jamar870Jamar870 Member UncommonPosts: 570
    Just saw an article on Toms Hardware. It reporting that some Gigabyte cards are being affected.
  • GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470

hyllyh said:

if they can work on exploit too..

some streamer on twitch made me laught! ^^

finally, it's a hard pass from me and i really dont regret anything.

Cool story, bro.
    [Deleted User]Samhael

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• SplattrSplattr Member RarePosts: 543
    After the last issues where tons of cards getting killed turned out to be just a handful of cards all tied to a single small production run, I'd prefer to wait until more detailed information about this round comes out before pointing fingers.
    Kyleran[Deleted User]TacticalZombeh
  • slowz2secretslowz2secret Member RarePosts: 407
    AMD having overheating issues, I'm very surprised.
    [Deleted User]
  • RandomCasualtyRandomCasualty Member UncommonPosts: 327
    I dont understand the settings. I choose max fps either 30 or 60 and I get a constant 27 with both which isn't fun. I select unlimited and get 100-120. Whats the point of the max fps 60 then?

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    If a GPU is frying up because you are playing a game ( no matter what game that is ), like this guy : https://www.reddit.com/r/newworldgame/comments/pxk20j/annnnd_there_goes_my_gpu_rtx_3080_limiters_in/ it's 110% the card fault, NOT the game.
    [Deleted User]KyleranAsm0deusMikeJezZKidRisk

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• donzin08donzin08 Member UncommonPosts: 40
    1080TI running it like a champ, 140 fps outside of settlements 90-100 inside. Sucks card makers aren't putting in the effort anymore it seems.
    [Deleted User]Dekahn
  • OldKingLogOldKingLog Member RarePosts: 564
    NW makes my Radeon RX 570 run around 85c even at the log in queue, which is way too hot. I made sure everything was capped correctly and then used the Radeon tuning software to set the fan speed to 100% for anything over 60c. Now temps stay around the mid 60s in game.