Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New World Boasts Over 700K Concurrent Players On Steam While Log In Issues Persist Through The Morni

124»

Comments

• BrainyBrainy Member EpicPosts: 2,038
    I like playing MMO's early because it seems more adventurous.  Early in the games it harder without all the guides.  Even if there are some builds posted they are not common knowledge yet for everyone, people don't know exactly how to level the fastest.  They are not all twinked out with best gear.  People are still figuring out how to work the economy, crafting and everything else.

1 year later no way the game is the same.  All the dungeons are on EZ mode, everyone knows all the strats, guides and builds.  People have all twinked out gear making it further ez mode.

Even if you ignore all the guides, all the solutions are stated in chat.  If you group up with people as a new person you will barely be able to keep up and loot as the rest party will just rush past everything.  No exploration of the dungeon, they will skip content all over the place.

Then you have all the massive nerfs every game does to any difficult content.  Including all the new added gear updates for more DPS.

Comparing a game a year later to release is like comparing someone who traveled across USA in 1800's to someone driving on cruise control on the Freeway.  Its not even close to the same experience.
    [Deleted User]Babuinix[Deleted User]
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Sovrath said:
    Kyleran said:
    Wargfoot said:
    Why would anyone attempt to log into a game within 30 days of launch?

FOMO mostly I'm thinking.

I like the first day energy, if I have to wait in a queue I enjoy posting on forums/discussion about the game while I wait or in the past I would chat with guild mates while we waited.

It was very much a social thing.
    First day energy is awesome, I managed to finish a book. 
    [Deleted User]ScotSovrathTacticalZombeh
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Sovrath said:
    Kyleran said:
    Wargfoot said:
    Why would anyone attempt to log into a game within 30 days of launch?

FOMO mostly I'm thinking.

I like the first day energy, if I have to wait in a queue I enjoy posting on forums/discussion about the game while I wait or in the past I would chat with guild mates while we waited.

It was very much a social thing.
    We keep asking if developers can put the social and community back into MMORPG's, not sure this was what we were thinking about though. :)
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Brainy said:
    I like playing MMO's early because it seems more adventurous.  Early in the games it harder without all the guides.  Even if there are some builds posted they are not common knowledge yet for everyone, people don't know exactly how to level the fastest.  They are not all twinked out with best gear.  People are still figuring out how to work the economy, crafting and everything else.

1 year later no way the game is the same.  All the dungeons are on EZ mode, everyone knows all the strats, guides and builds.  People have all twinked out gear making it further ez mode.

Even if you ignore all the guides, all the solutions are stated in chat.  If you group up with people as a new person you will barely be able to keep up and loot as the rest party will just rush past everything.  No exploration of the dungeon, they will skip content all over the place.

Then you have all the massive nerfs every game does to any difficult content.  Including all the new added gear updates for more DPS.

Comparing a game a year later to release is like comparing someone who traveled across USA in 1800's to someone driving on cruise control on the Freeway.  Its not even close to the same experience.
    Hrrm, over the years the MMORPGs I've stuck with the longest were those I joined well after their launch dates including DAOC, EVE, and ESO.

I enjoy the convenience of being able to look things up or ask others how to get past barriers to my progress when stuck for a period of time. 

Fewer bugs, less change, more balance, usually the worst design mistakes have been corrected (ESO is a far more enjoyable game today than at launch IMO)

I think a better comparison between what  games are like at launch vs later on is what bathroom facilities were like in the early 1800's in the American wilderness vs today, definitely a more pleasant experience, but YMMV.

Give me Charmin, or give me death!

ScotBrainy

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    edited September 2021
    Kyleran said:
    Brainy said:

Hrrm, over the years the MMORPGs I've stuck with the longest were those I joined well after their launch dates including DAOC, EVE, and ESO.

I enjoy the convenience of being able to look things up or ask others how to get past barriers to my progress when stuck for a period of time. 

Fewer bugs, less change, more balance, usually the worst design mistakes have been corrected (ESO is a far more enjoyable game today than at launch IMO)

I think a better comparison between what  games are like at launch vs later on is what bathroom facilities were like in the early 1800's in the American wilderness vs today, definitely a more pleasant experience, but YMMV.

Give me Charmin, or give me death!
    You are playing a game with more content, where everything has been looked at to see if it needs a tweak and new systems may have been brought in like housing or better methods of trading.

It is one of those no brainers we used to talk about I am sure the youngsters have a new term for the like. :)
    Kyleran