Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lord of the Rings Online Free quest codes

AbimorAbimor Member RarePosts: 874
hello everyone Lotro is giving away a ton of stuff right now and charging .99 for the expansion quest bundles

https://www.lotro.com/en/getready 
Sovrathdelete5230

Comments

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203
    Thanks for this.  :)  Where do I enter the code?  I have looked in the Store Page and on my account page in vain.
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    edited September 2021
    1  log in
    2 open in game store
    3 click redeem code at the top
    4 enter code
    5 click apply

I cant prove this is true, my password does not work where it should, been downloading and playing many times. This time it isn't working, even password reset doesn't recognize my e-mail..... Their not responding to a ticket I sent in two days ago.

It just so happen I have this info on a scratch paper... hope this helps. 

Later found this YouTube:

LOTRO News: Free Quests Coupon Code! (2021) + What You Get - YouTube

It seems SSD will not respond to my ticket. May have to start a new account....... I'll loose my Rune Keeper and a few other mid level characters.

Tip:
    Get several characters to level 20, THEN sub for ONE MONTH. Get your riding skill for each one, but they must be level 20 during sub time.

Warning: this game gets very boring by level 20.... Don't know why but it does.
    Post edited by delete5230 on
    Ah right, log into the game... I was logging into my old Account from the web page.  The game is updating at the moment, since I haven't played in quite a few years, but free stuff is free stuff, eh!  Who knows, I might play at some point, but as you say it IS a bit of a boring game.

Thanks for the info - all registered and claimed.  I might actually play sometime!
    Scot
  • Strawn597Strawn597 Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    Abimor said:
    hello everyone Lotro is giving away a ton of stuff right now and charging .99 for the expansion quest bundles

I got it all since forever but damn do i love this game and i am happy this will give tons of content to new players.

Love you all and see you in arkenstone or shadowfax

Ungood
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    Still waiting for SSG help ticket, to recover my account before I create a new one and enter the code there. I'll give it one more day.  I'm in no rush, after all I know how boring this game can get and quickly.  Also my tolerance for the intrusive cash shop pisses me off.

However this quest pack is an "extremely good deal" that no one should pass up. Normally its very expensive. 

"I also stress the importance of the riding skill and also fast travel"
    This game is designed with very few venders for bag turn in, and return after death.  They want you to spend money !!

As mentioned above, get all your characters to level 20 before subscribing for one month...... Several web sites on how to play cheap talk about this. I forget how to get Fast travel, but that's important too.

Later it will be important to get all expansion's, they usually come in a bundle and are expansive and not too often on sale..... however, a new expansion's is about to release, their may be a sale for all previous ones.

Maybe more bag space and this should be all you ever need to play free forever :)  

UngoodScot
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    So of course this is great.  But if I were them I'd remove quest packs entirely and just wrap them into the expansions they fit into best.  It's just overly complicated.

Even better, they should do something like SWTOR where you can catch up on all deprecated content with a single sub.  They need players badly and nickle and diming them all over the place isn't the way to do it.  Streamline the damn store.
  • crazyjanecrazyjane Member UncommonPosts: 11
    edited September 2021
    Things to do if you're a new player to LOTRO and you've just entered that LOTROQUESTS2021 code in the ingame store.

You've got until Nov. 30th to grind out some Lotro Points to buy the 99LP Expansion Quest Packs (Moria up thru Mordor). This is a better deal than going to the Dollar Tree or 99CENT store and buying expired chips and candy bars :smiley:

You will want to be rid of the Currerncy cap ASAP.

Personal Bag space and ALSO Shared storage are equally important. Shared storage allows you to trade items between your alt characters. It will save you a lot of coin from emailing items between those characters.

Riding skill is also important as it will speed up your movement considerably. If you don't plan on playing numerous alt characters, you buy that with ingame earned LP and buy on a per alt basis. If you plan on having many alts and possibly playing on more than 1 server, account-wide riding skill is a better choice.

Mounts can be bought for ingame gold fairly cheap or earned from the various festivals celebrations during the year.

There are also various and numerous per charcter unlocks.

All of this can pretty much be earned ingame by grinding out LP. LP can also be bought for RL$$.

Note that Free-to-play players do have some restrictions like can't receive or send coin ingame to other players. No Auction slots, some other limitations. Many of those can be overcome by a 1-month sub to the game and logging into all your alts to unlock them. Your account will then be "Premium" vs. "F2P" and a good number of those F2P restrictions will be lifted permanently.

One last point I would mentions is DO NOT rush to endgame. This is Lord of the Rings and it's all about the journey. There is nothing about the endgame that is so special that you would want to miss the journey there, at least not your first or maybe second play thru. :smiley:
    Scotdelete5230
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Strawn597 said:
    Abimor said:

I got it all since forever but damn do i love this game and i am happy this will give tons of content to new players.

Love you all and see you in arkenstone or shadowfax

Welcome to the forums! :)
    delete5230