Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Roughly 8 days to launch... who’s hyped?

Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,988
I’m just looking forward to having something to consistently log into each day.  Maybe get bored after a few months, but the 28th can’t get here fast enough!

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

SovrathHengistTokkenYashaX[Deleted User]

Comments

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015
    Can't say I'm hyped but I'm going to play. Some of the friends I've made in online games will be playing and it will be great to play alongside them again.

But the setting does nothing for me at the moment.
    UngoodHengist
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • HengistHengist Member RarePosts: 1,282
    The bones are there to build something good around it, and for me at least, it sure feels like they have created a world. (I'm also glad it's something other than the typical fantasy stuff that has been the go-to for years.)

I'm definitely looking forward to it, and to have something to dive into. I'm a little bummed that a couple of long time friends are probably going to pass, because of real life time constraints. I get it...but was really looking to hang out again, and have a world to explore with them again.
    Sovrath said:
    Can't say I'm hyped but I'm going to play. Some of the friends I've made in online games will be playing and it will be great to play alongside them again.

But the setting does nothing for me at the moment.

I'm definitely hoping to hear post launch that you are enjoying it, or that you found something that piques your interest about the game. It'll be interesting to hear if there will be something in New World for everyone to enjoy. Plus, envious you'll be getting a chance to re-connect with friends!

I've seen people say they are excited, and some say everything sucks, but genuinely interested to hear if it can get someone who isn't excited to play it, and manage to create a fan. I think that'll be a real measure of success, and something Amazon needs to do in order to keep growing the game.
    SovrathScot
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551
    I'm hyped. I'm thinking of taking the day off for launch!

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• DattelisDattelis Member RarePosts: 1,458
    edited September 2021
    I'm keeping my expectations in 'check' I think. The things I want to do in the game are pretty broad, like skilling up various weapons and stocking up on materials. Thinking about the 'long game' as it were. I feel that if people are just looking at this game just to 'rush to the end,' they'll be greatly disappointed, but if they look at it from a 'foundational' perspective, they should have a good time. Plus its buy-to-play, so they can always play and stop whenever they want, so if they're able to get a good 20 hours or so of enjoyment just to be able to return later, to me that's a good investment.
    strawhat0981Hengist
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,532
    Gonna wait till after launch and see what other say.

Might Play it, Might not, can't say there anything thrilling about this game that jumps out at me to want to play it.
    HatefullScotMikehaMendel
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    I'll be there. But I have also realized that after the promise of EQNext, no other MMORPG excites me anymore. 
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • BoltonsquadBoltonsquad Member UncommonPosts: 403
    Trying to get hyped about it but just not at the moment, with the constant push back on release dates who know's when it's actually going to release.
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,988
    Trying to get hyped about it but just not at the moment, with the constant push back on release dates who know's when it's actually going to release.
    It releases on the 28th...

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
    Wish they would as I am heading on vacation next Tues but that seems extraordinarily unlikely at this point.  
    Iselin

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Wish they would as I am heading on vacation next Tues but that seems extraordinarily unlikely at this point.  
    People on reddit who ordered the NW Steelbook extra thingie are saying they've gotten shipping confirmation and the new nVidia driver just released is optimized for NW.

It will definitely release on the 28th.
    HengistHatefull[Deleted User]Slapshot1188
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

Robokapp said:
    Tokken said:
    dont. you'll be happy to have saved the PTO day.

Probably a good call...I'd hate to see launch day frustration, after the first weekend...I'd hope by then loads even out, and it's smooth sailing, but like anyone who has been there for a launch...definitely have my fingers crossed.
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905
    I'd prefer this game was delayed until 2022 and Lost Ark was releasing :)
  • HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    Ungood said:
    Gonna wait till after launch and see what other say.

Might Play it, Might not, can't say there anything thrilling about this game that jumps out at me to want to play it.
    Exactly my thoughts. If it is good it will be around and quite frankly, I have had my fill of "launch days" They usually suck, starter areas are overrun, server die, come back, die again, just over it. Maybe a few weeks to months after launch I may look into it. 
    Ungood

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

Totally hyped, can't wait to finally create my real character !
    I'm just hoping I can get my character made and leveled up to pick a faction and join my Company before my wife drags me out the door :smile:

[Deleted User]

• olepiolepi Member EpicPosts: 2,829
    I'm just hoping I can get my character made and leveled up to pick a faction and join my Company before my wife drags me out the door :smile:

What faction is the best?

------------
    2024: 47 years on the Net.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    olepi said:

It's a tough call between the inquisitor zealots, the war mongers or the occult conspiracy theorists.

With those choices I lean heavily toward the conspiracy occultists :)
    Hengist
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,992
    edited September 2021
    Iselin said:
    olepi said:

It's a tough call between the inquisitor zealots, the war mongers or the occult conspiracy theorists.

With those choices I lean heavily toward the conspiracy occultists :)
    Sounds like a New World problem to me. :)
    Slapshot1188[Deleted User]UngoodHengistArglebargle
    Syndicate was the most popular on most servers.   Covenant the least.   I'm likely going Marauder for something in between.

• SiniestrohSiniestroh Member UncommonPosts: 36
    There is no new update on the NW website. So I think it will be delay once again. I will just wait.
    KidRiskHengistIselinlonesol
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Ill be there ... Im retired .. So there is nothing else to do :)
    Scot
    Well, the nice people of the guild I've met during beta will go Marauder, so will I.

Is that how you found a group?

I thought about that, then I thought I'd wait until I found a server, and would then work on finding a company that I liked. I realize it's been quite a while since I've even looked (call it 7 years at least....) 
  • ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    Tokken said:
    Classic mistake!
    ScotUngoodlonesol
  • BrautiganBrautigan Member UncommonPosts: 4
    I'm looking forward to playing again. 

Was mmo-starved to the point I've been playing on an Asherons Call server the last couple of weeks (and also setup my own to screw around with).