Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Full Loot PvP Question.

Comments

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Sovrath said:
    Scorchien said:
    Sovrath said:
    Scorchien said:
    Sovrath said:
    Scorchien said:
    I do it all the time across many games .. Fun stuff .. Win/Lose or just put the fear in them .. Always fun ..

But then again , i dont care about pixels ..

I dont care about dying , or losing stuff .. They are pixels after all , Its not like someone stole your car or killed your dog ..

Never could wrap my mind around why people get upset at dying or losing stuff in a game ..

Weird in my eyes

Of course you care. If you didn't you wouldn't be playing. I think the takeaway is that you put it in perspective.

It's a game. It's played to have fun. Players should only be playing games where they can accept the rules OR at least be able to tolerate the rules.

You losing or gaining anything doesn't make you a better or lesser person.

And in a game where you can lose items or levels or "whatever" if you do lose these things, nothing is really taken away from you in actual life.

or pretty much what Ungood said.

Lol .. no i really dont care ,I play because its fun ..  (weird huh).. Ive lost many things in UO for example over the years some very good stuff..

So ohh my what do i do .. Erhmm now i have to actually play the game more to replace it wether farming or crafting .. Its what is signed up to do in the first place , So now i get to do more of what i enjoy and signed up for in the first place ..

.. Kill Mobs get loot have fun .. Really makes no difference to me at all if i die and lose items or Karma etc ..

I have fun regaining those things .. as well as losing them .. or not ..:)

But that's what I mean, you are having fun. There is a certain emotional, um ... I don't know, "energy" or investment" to having fun.

If you didn't care you wouldn't be doing it. You care to be engaged, you care to have fun, you care to have a good experience.

Do you care if you lose stuff in a game? I would say no. Because it's a game and part of losing or winning is all part of that enjoyment.

I dont care about the gear .. That was clearly my Point ..

I dont care if i die in PVP .. was clearly my point ..

I don't know if it was clearly your point but I suspected that was the kernel of it.

Not being a dick here ..

My initial statement is pretty clear ..

" I dont care about dying , or losing stuff .. They are pixels after all , Its not like someone stole your car or killed your dog ..

Never could wrap my mind around why people get upset at dying or losing stuff in a game .."

AlBQuirky
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432
    Ungood said:
    Scorchien said:
    Ungood said:
    Scorchien said:
    I do it all the time across many games .. Fun stuff .. Win/Lose or just put the fear in them .. Always fun ..

I dont care about dying , or losing stuff .. They are pixels after all , Its not like someone stole your car or killed your dog ..

Never could wrap my mind around why people get upset at dying or losing stuff in a game ..

Weird in my eyes
    This has always been a wired stand to me.

I mean if you don't care about the pixels (game), why even play? Why not invest that time into something that does matter to you, after all, that is the breaths of your life you are giving up to do that.. why not use them to invest in something you care about.

That would be like someone who has a hobby making model cars telling me they don't care about model cars... Why the fuck are you wasting time on it then if you sincerely do not care about it?

I mean, I am sure there are some people who only enjoy making the model car, and then once done, just throw it away, or set it on fire, as it has no value to them anymore, but I don't understand that mindset.

umm the games are fun .. It does not mean i need to become emotionally attached to pixels .(like a Bow for ex..). Can have fun playing with out that ..

You make it sound like you treat an MMO like a game of Solitaire, nothing more than pointless time kill to you.

For me, I get into those kinds of games as well, I often play shallow FPS however, because, well, they are shallow time kill games by design, they don't have any means of progression, so nothing lost when I die, lose, fail. Just fun of the game in the moment.

Now that mentality seems contra to what MMO's often try to develop, which is rich, deep, character and gear progression and development.

Now not to jump back and forth between threads, but these are somewhat linked.

Which, as I think about it, might explain why Full Loot PvP MMO style games don't take off, because they need a player base with the mind set of a shallow FPS, where loss means nothing, while trying to mix that up with getting a player invested into their character through development and progression.

They seem to be, for the most part, exclusive mindsets. 

This might explain why a game like Fortnight, which is a full loot PvP game, can have 100 million players, and PvP focused MMO's with similar mechanics, struggle for 30K.

Yes, the two are connected :)

I wanted to see what kinds of responses there would be if asked. For me, is a very important distinction between "just PvP" and "Full Loot PvP."

I like many of the responses and have been enlightened. Still not going to play a Full Loot PvP game. ever :)
    Ungood

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,532
    edited September 2021
    Scorchien said:
    Ungood said:
    Scorchien said:
    Ungood said:
    Scorchien said:

Weird in my eyes

I mean if you don't care about the pixels (game), why even play? Why not invest that time into something that does matter to you, after all, that is the breaths of your life you are giving up to do that.. why not use them to invest in something you care about.

That would be like someone who has a hobby making model cars telling me they don't care about model cars... Why the fuck are you wasting time on it then if you sincerely do not care about it?

I mean, I am sure there are some people who only enjoy making the model car, and then once done, just throw it away, or set it on fire, as it has no value to them anymore, but I don't understand that mindset.

umm the games are fun .. It does not mean i need to become emotionally attached to pixels .(like a Bow for ex..). Can have fun playing with out that ..

You make it sound like you treat an MMO like a game of Solitaire, nothing more than pointless time kill to you.

For me, I get into those kinds of games as well, I often play shallow FPS however, because, well, they are shallow time kill games by design, they don't have any means of progression, so nothing lost when I die, lose, fail. Just fun of the game in the moment.

Now that mentality seems contra to what MMO's often try to develop, which is rich, deep, character and gear progression and development.

Which, as I think about it, might explain why Full Loot PvP MMO style games don't take off, because they need a player base with the mind set of a shallow FPS, where loss means nothing, while trying to mix that up with getting a player invested into their character through development and progression.

This might explain why a game like Fortnight, which is a full loot PvP game, can have 100 million players, and PvP focused MMO's with similar mechanics, struggle for 30K.

umm Full loot PvP mmos do Not have generally rich gear progression .. The idea is that most is easily replacable(so Moot point) .. Now you can get good stuff , and use it and risk losing it , But even that can always be replaced ..

Character development cannot be taken away either way (so moot point) there..

Gear is a replaceable expendable tool ..

and No i do not treat them like solitare in any way .. If i understand your point here..

I have firends in Uo i have played with for many years .. and another group i move to various games with (NW ) next since Asherons Call ..

As Slap pointed out above and its a point ive made to my groups of friends over the years its less the game and more about the people ....

Now i do enjoy progression im about to log into UO and work on a new Nox Archer build ..

And i will craft him some great Leather gear and Bows .. mater a fact i will craft 6 sets and have them in bags .. with pots food Arrows .. etc.. entire gear sets that are easily replacable ..

And easily Obtained .. Thats what Full Loot PVP games provide ..

Now im off to have fun ... Living /Dying and losing my gear .. so be it ..
    Didn't you go on some insane ranting spree a while back about how in depth the RNG system of UO was that items can totally unique to the game world, rarer than any raid gear in any game ever, where only one would ever exist ever in the 25 year span of the game..

and now you back peddle and be like "Oh sure.. gear is easy to replace"

You gotta stop flip flopping like that.. either gear is super rare, the rarest shit ever to exist, or it's munchkin easy to replace junk.
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

Ungood said:
    Scorchien said:
    Ungood said:
    Scorchien said:
    Ungood said:
    Scorchien said:

Weird in my eyes

umm Full loot PvP mmos do Not have generally rich gear progression .. The idea is that most is easily replacable(so Moot point) .. Now you can get good stuff , and use it and risk losing it , But even that can always be replaced ..

and No i do not treat them like solitare in any way .. If i understand your point here..

I have firends in Uo i have played with for many years .. and another group i move to various games with (NW ) next since Asherons Call ..

As Slap pointed out above and its a point ive made to my groups of friends over the years its less the game and more about the people ....

Now i do enjoy progression im about to log into UO and work on a new Nox Archer build ..

And i will craft him some great Leather gear and Bows .. mater a fact i will craft 6 sets and have them in bags .. with pots food Arrows .. etc.. entire gear sets that are easily replacable ..

Didn't you go on some insane ranting spree a while back about how in depth the RNG system of UO was that items can totally unique to the game world, rarer than any raid gear in any game ever, where only one would ever exist ever in the 25 year span of the game..

You gotta stop flip flopping like that.

Maybe you are not following along or completely do not understand a game like UO full loot PVp , yes they are very rare things you can get , and as i said above you can use them in PVP and risk losing them ..

Most players do not use those in PVP very often or at all ....If you are concerend with losing them ( and as i said in this discussion i have lost some good stuff over the years )..

And its true there are items that are very rare and completely unique in UO ..

You do not take those to PvP .. Unless you do not care about losing them ..

The gear  you PvP in is easily replaceable .. In near all cases .. Same as any other Full Loot PVP .. its almost like you have never truly played one at all
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,988
    Scorchien said:

its almost like you have never truly played one at all
    It's a common theme through just about every topic.
    TwistedSister77

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

edited September 2021
    Scorchien said:

The gear  you PvP in is easily replaceable .. In near all cases .. Same as any other Full Loot PVP .. its almost like you have never truly played one at all
    Here it is.. this huge long Triade about how rare and special the loot in UO is.

Wasn't UO at one time Open World PvP?

So tell me, how would you get that gear and not risk PvP?
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

Scorchien said:
    Ungood said:
    Scorchien said:
    Ungood said:
    Scorchien said:
    Ungood said:
    Scorchien said:

Weird in my eyes

Maybe you are not following along or completely do not understand a game like UO full loot PVp , yes they are very rare things you can get , and as i said above you can use them in PVP and risk losing them ..

Most players do not use those in PVP very often or at all ....If you are concerend with losing them ( and as i said in this discussion i have lost some good stuff over the years )..

Ummm.. Crowfall allowed looting players you killed, it's like you can't follow basic things like that, even after you made some jabs about it as well.

Getting senile in the old age?

edited September 2021
    Ungood said:
    Scorchien said:
    Ungood said:
    Scorchien said:
    Ungood said:
    Scorchien said:
    Ungood said:
    Scorchien said:

Weird in my eyes

Here it is.. this huge long Triade about how rare and special the loot in UO is.

Lol really .. so what is your point .. Its almost like your brain cannot accept that there are multiple systems at play in the game ..

Let me help..

1..There is very rare and Unique items in UO   TRUE

2.. There is Open World Full Loot PvP in UO     TRUE

3. there are lesser gear pieces and crafted that is more used in UO during Open World Pvp ..  TRUE

Hope this helps .. we are rooting for you kid

Ungood said:
    Scorchien said:
    Ungood said:
    Scorchien said:
    Ungood said:
    Scorchien said:
    Ungood said:
    Scorchien said:

Weird in my eyes

Ummm.. Crowfall allowed looting players you killed, it's like you can't follow basic things like that, even after you made some jabs about it as well.

Its seems to be open to debate if you actually progressed enough to get looted ..And you ran away from that game in near record time from what i have read in other threads ..
    Slapshot1188
    Scorchien said:
    Ungood said:

Lol really .. so what is your point .. Its almost like your brain cannot accept that there are multiple systems at play in the game ..

Let me help..

3. there are lesser gear pieces and crafted that is more used in UO during Open World Pvp ..  TRUE

Lets cut the shit, is the PvP in UO optional or Not?

edited September 2021
    Ungood said:
    Scorchien said:
    Ungood said:

Let me help..

In Fel ... NO

In Trammel ... there is none ..  

And if by Cut the Shit .. you mean stop blowing all your weak,  goal post moving excuses out of the water ....

Well you would have to stop responding for that to happen

Scorchien said:
    Ungood said:

Its seems to be open to debate if you actually progressed enough to get looted ..And you ran away from that game in near record time from what i have read in other threads ..
    No, it's not open to debate, at best you have Slapshot spouting his lies and nonsense, which is always par for the course with him, but outside Slaps head Up his Ass rantings, there is no debate on the issue if I engaged in PvP and even Territorial Wars in Crowfall, I just did it in Beta, for quite some time, truth be told.

I was not a fan of the revamp of how Live was made, and really did not like how they changed the graphics, which caused some issues with my computer (Not being strong enough) at the start, which I made no bones about, and clearly said such, a few times over, apparently dementia has been setting in on some posters on that one, as I need to keep repeating it.

After I got those issues resolved, I realized I like the beta better than the live game, and drifted away.

But, none of that changes.. Oh yah.. I played Loot PvP games.

So anyway.. can you opt out of PvP in UO? If so, how would you do that?

• TwistedSister77TwistedSister77 Member EpicPosts: 1,144
    edited September 2021
    AlBQuirky said:
    Ungood said:
    Scorchien said:
    Ungood said:
    Scorchien said:

Weird in my eyes

I wanted to see what kinds of responses there would be if asked. For me, is a very important distinction between "just PvP" and "Full Loot PvP."

I like many of the responses and have been enlightened. Still not going to play a Full Loot PvP game. ever :)
    A gentleman's bet, never say never... there are going to be MMORPG games with full/partial loot that a lot of people (who even hate PvP and especially inventory loot) are going to absolutely love.  I'm not talking about ones discussed on this site.

The issue you may have wrapping your mind around this, is just because full loot PvP is enabled... doesn't mean that's driving the goal... nor will players automatically loot you (even if they can and your items are awesome & valuable).  

I said this in the other thread on pvp full loot... I'm writing an article and video(s) on the subject.  

Just a gentleman's bet ;)
    AlBQuirky
    Ungood said:
    Scorchien said:
    Ungood said:

No, it's not open to debate, at best you have Slapshot spouting his lies and nonsense, which is always par for the course with him, but outside Slaps head Up his Ass rantings, there is no debate on the issue if I engaged in PvP and even Territorial Wars in Crowfall, I just did it in Beta, for quite some time, truth be told.

I was not a fan of the revamp of how Live was made, and really did not like how they changed the graphics, which caused some issues with my computer (Not being strong enough) at the start, which I made no bones about, and clearly said such, a few times over, apparently dementia has been setting in on some posters on that one, as I need to keep repeating it.

After I got those issues resolved, I realized I like the beta better than the live game, and drifted away.

But, none of that changes.. Oh yah.. I played Loot PvP games.

So anyway.. can you opt out of PvP in UO? If so, how would you do that?

You cannot opt out in Fel

The rest is not worthy of response..
    Scorchien said:
    Ungood said:
    Scorchien said:
    Ungood said:

Let me help..

In Fel ... NO

And if by Cut the Shit .. you mean stop blowing all your weak,  goal post moving excuses out of the water ....

No, by cut the shit, I mean flopping around all over the place.

So, you have rare gear, ultra stuff, that you don't use for PvP.. Why.. Oh right.. because you give a shit about the Pixels...

Set.. game.. and Match..

Always fun with you old chum.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,988
    Ungood said:

there is no debate on the issue if I engaged in PvP and even Territorial Wars in Crowfall, I just did it in Beta, for quite some time, truth be told.

Oh Lord... classic

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Ungood said:
    Scorchien said:
    Ungood said:
    Scorchien said:
    Ungood said:

Let me help..

In Fel ... NO

So, you have rare gear, ultra stuff, that you don't use for PvP.. Why.. Oh right.. because you give a shit about the Pixels...

Set.. game.. and Match..

Lol .. maybe you miss the part where i clearly said i have lost very valuble stuff over the years in UO

Here ya go Chum

"Lol .. no i really dont care ,I play because its fun ..  (weird huh).. Ive lost many things in UO for example over the years some very good stuff.."

Because i Dont care ..

Set... Game .. .. errr was never really a match

Its like playing Ping Pong with Helen Keller ..

Reading Comprehension always rears its ugly head in these discussions with you ..

Slapshot1188Ungood
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015
    edited September 2021
    Scorchien said:

Not being a dick here ..

My initial statement is pretty clear ..

" I dont care about dying , or losing stuff .. They are pixels after all , Its not like someone stole your car or killed your dog ..

Never could wrap my mind around why people get upset at dying or losing stuff in a game .."

So re-reading I responded to the "I don't care about pixels" and took that you mean the entirety of the game. WAsn't clear what you were actually saying with that though I did see the "I don't care about losing stuff."

And my thought was "of course you care about pixels regardless of your stance of losing stuff."

In any case, we are on the same page. Sorry for being pedantic. I think Ungood also had the same takeaway so it wasn't clear to us.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    AlBQuirky said:
    Ungood said:

Not going to lie, it gets old fast, also denatures the sense of value and progress regarding gear for your character.

Case in point, in Crowfall, I had no desire to upgrade anything that could be looted off my toon (Mainly my Inventory, not my Worn gear). Things that could not be looted, I would upgrade, anything else was just trash.

If you read @Scorchien's posts, you will see that he plays the exact same way, Any time he will face being looted, he wears trash gear.

Hard to acquire gear, rare, or labor intensive to get items, only really have value in Safe/PvE games and locations.

And you can see that clearly from a vet of 25 years playing UO, that is just the way those games end up being.

That should tell you all you need to know about Full Loot PvP games.
    AlBQuirky

edited September 2021
    Scorchien said:
    Ungood said:

Set.. game.. and Match..

Lol .. maybe you miss the part where i clearly said i have lost very valuble stuff over the years in UO

Here ya go Chum

"Lol .. no i really dont care ,I play because its fun ..  (weird huh).. Ive lost many things in UO for example over the years some very good stuff.."

Because i Dont care ..

Reading Comprehension always rears its ugly head in these discussions with you ..

No.. No.. Keep flopping around.

After all, you said:

And then you talk about how UO, has this massive complex gear system.. No.. really.. I love how you flop all over the place with this, I expally loved how you ranted about unique gear combos in UO at one point, want me to drag up the quote?

And then you talk about not using the rare gear for PvP, and then talk about not caring about Pixel's.. OMG.. it's hilarious watching you flop around all over the place like this.

I mean.. You're right, it's like playing Ping Pong with Hellen Keller, it's you, being blind, playing against a Mirror, and loosing.

Because you have no no idea what you are saying or doing at this point as you have continually disagreed with yourself.

edited September 2021
    Ungood said:
    Scorchien said:
    Ungood said:

Set.. game.. and Match..

Here ya go Chum

Because i Dont care ..

After all, you said:

And then you talk about how UO, has this massive complex gear system.. No.. really.. I love how you flop all over the place with this.

And then you talk about not using the rare gear for PvP, and then talk about not caring about Pixel's.. OMG.. it's hilarious watching you flop around all over the place like this.

I mean.. You're right, it's like playing Ping Pong with Hellen Keller, it's you, being blind, playing against a Mirror, and loosing.

Because you have no no idea what you are saying or doing at this point as you have continually disagreed with yourself.

You really cant seem to understand that there are multiple systems in UO ... Thats the problem here and you cannot accept so yyou play semantics and goal post moving to try and make weak points ..

Sad to watch again really
      And i do use some rare stuff and have said that and have lost some .. you are the one flopping all over .. Anyone that reads the thread understands that

its a recurring theme with you and the community is becoming accustomed to it ..
    Slapshot1188
    Scorchien said:
    Ungood said:
    Scorchien said:
    Ungood said:

Set.. game.. and Match..

Here ya go Chum

Because i Dont care ..

After all, you said:

And then you talk about how UO, has this massive complex gear system.. No.. really.. I love how you flop all over the place with this.

You really cant seem to understand that there are multiple systems in UO ... Thats the problem here and you cannot accept so yyou play semantics and goal post moving to try and make weak points ..

Oh.. I can understand that.. but you can't seem to grasp that you are disagreeing with yourself.

Watching you flop and flounder is hilarious.

You say, You don't care about Pixels. But, then you talk about how you don't wear the good stuff to PvP.

No, Sorchy, if you didn't care about Pixels, you would just wear whatever without care, and not even think about it.

The fact that you say "But I lost some good stuff".. let me clue you in, people who don't care about their gear.. don't say that line.

I mean, sigh...

It's like you are not even paying attention to what you are saying, and just trying to sound like some tough guy, but, doing it really bad, like some macho dude that tries to say they don't care about dropping their ice cream because they are all tough and badass, and just stares at it going "Yah, I don't miss that waffle cone, with Mint Chocolate Chip Ice cream, Hot fudge and caramel with rainbow sprinkles.. I don't miss it at all"

LOL.. 

edited September 2021
    Ungood said:
    Scorchien said:
    Ungood said:
    Scorchien said:
    Ungood said:

Set.. game.. and Match..

Here ya go Chum

Because i Dont care ..

After all, you said:

Oh.. I can understand that.. but you can't seem to grasp that you are disagreeing with yourself.

You say, You don't care about Pixels. But, then you talk about how you don't wear the good stuff to PvP.

No, Sorchy, if you didn't care about Pixels, you would just wear whatever without care, and not even think about it.

The fact that you say "But I lost some good stuff".. let me clue you in, people who don't care about their gear.. don't say that line.

I mean, sigh...

It's like you are not even paying attention to what you are saying, and just trying to sound like some tough guy, but, doing it really bad, like some macho dude that tries to say they don't care about dropping their ice cream because they are all tough and badass, and just stares at it going "Yah, I don't miss that waffle cone, with Mint Chocolate Chip Ice cream, Hot fudge and caramel with rainbow sprinkles.. I don't miss it at all"

LOL.. 

I tried to make this very simple for you here ..

Let me help..

But even that simple does not seem to help you sink these simple concepts into your brain

You have the Option of wearing  Crated easily replaceable gear

Or mix in much better stuff .

Or all of either ..

Its up to the player .. and what is availble to them ..

Like i said Ive Lost alot of good stuff over the years .. and do not care

Ive also Lost alot of crafted gear over the years ...    and do not care

Its really very simple .. I dont care about either .. never have ..

Your problem here , as in other threads . is you cannot seem to grasp that people will play and approach games differently than you , and if they do in your eyes they are doing something wrong ..

Scorchien said:
    Ungood said:
    Scorchien said:
    Ungood said:
    Scorchien said:
    Ungood said:

Set.. game.. and Match..

Here ya go Chum

Because i Dont care ..

After all, you said:

I mean, sigh...

LOL.. 

I tried to make this very simple for you here ..

Let me help..

But even that simple does not seem to help you sink these simple concepts into your brain

You have the Option of wearing  Crated easily replaceable gear

Or mix in much better stuff .

Or all of either ..

Its up to the player .. and what is availble to them ..

Like i said Ive Lost alot of good stuff over the years .. and do not care

Ive also Lost alot of crafted gear over the years ...    and do not care

Its really very simple .. I dont care about either .. never have ..

Your problem here , as in other threads . is you cannot seem to grasp that people will play and approach games differently than you , and if they do in your eyes they are doing something wrong ..

LOL... 

"Yah, I don't miss that waffle cone, with Mint Chocolate Chip Ice cream, Hot fudge and caramel with rainbow sprinkles.. I don't miss it at all"

• eoloeeoloe Member RarePosts: 864
    In MMO, I usually play in Instanced "fair?" PvP. The only game were PvP was forced was BDO and I stopped before my gear score was enough to be whatsoever near competitive.

However in Naraka, which is a BR, I have absolutely no mercy nor sense of fairness. I ambush people from bush that give stealth. I wait for them hanged on a wall or a tree to grapple them or trigger a diving special attack. I also attack people that did not see me yet. I use all the dirty combos that I am able to find/figure out, and I finish near death dueling people.

I also try to escape any fight that I am losing and do not come back if I realize I have no chance against that player whether it's because he/she has superior skills and/or equipment.

I avoid all fair fights.

Only victory matters.

Like written in one of the "The Chronicles of Amber" books:

"This is not the Olympic games!"

UngoodAlBQuirky